Best Western River North Hotel
  • Pool
Hotel Felix(Chicago)
  • Pool
2,429 results
All reviewsrainforest cafepizzeria orahard rock cafegreat locationparking attendantwithin walking distancedowntown chicagoohio streetrooftop deckriver northindoor poolnavy piertop flooran older hotelfew blocksstreet noisethe magnificent mile
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 2 December 2013

This was our second stay at the hotel. We will definitely be back. It's a very convenient location, within walking distance to Michigan Avenue, great staff and FREE parking. Looking forward to our next visit!

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
RiverNorthHotel, Manager at Best Western River North Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 3 December 2013

Thank you for writing a review! We sincerely do hope you'll return. We look forward to seeing you then.

Reviewed 28 November 2013

Five of us, four from Finland and 1 from Pennsylvania, stayed for 2 nights in August, 2013. The rooms were very clean and comfortable. The staff were very attentive to our needs and went out of their way to help us with local information, friendly suggestions and made our stay very pleasant. We plan to return ther next year for another vacation.

Stayed: August 2013, travelled with friends

Thank you for your review! We're so glad that we could help give you an excellent experience with us in Chicago. We appreciate the compliments and we hope to see you again on a future stay.

Reviewed 27 November 2013

OK hotel except for noise. Didn't appreciate screaming, shrieking children in pool area, which is in the middle of the hotel, rooms overlooking pool area. Hate to begrudge children having fun, but noise was overwhelming, noise reverberating throughout entire atrium/ lobby area. Deafening at times. Could even hear it in room with door shut. Seems like there need to be rules about using indoor voices rather than playground voices. I know, they're just kids, but was very bothersome to me nonetheless. Good place for families, not good for people who dislike noise.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
Reviewed 27 November 2013

I have been coming to this hotel for years now. It is always my first choice for staying in Downtown Chicago, not just for the free parking, but because the staff has always been so friendly, courteous and more than accommodating. But this latest reservation conflict has me second guessing this being my first choice.

I booked a room online for quite a few months out and was pleased to be able to do so. Imagine my surprise when I log in to my bank/card account and over $800 dollars is being held by the hotel. NOTHING was on their site that this was a pre-pay required reservation. I hold rooms all the time with a credit card - standard procedure to guarantee the room. But again, NOTHING SAID PRE-PAID.

Needless to say, I called the hotel in a bit of a panic to cancel the reservation. First time I have ever known their staff to be curt and flat-out rude. Snotty tone when asking me to spell my name, which I was just about to because it's just one of those names/habit. Curtly she says, "I have your cancellation number. Are you ready for it ?" When I then asked if the funds will be released immediately, she states "5-7 business days." And then when I said, "I just wanted to tell you and feel the hotel should be aware, there is nothing on the site that says pre-payment is required. I honestly never would have booked this if that were the case." To which she tells me a booked through a third-party site (NOT so, I booked starting with their site, which then goes automatically to BestWestern.com and they are NOT a third party, confirmed by their customer service) and repeats the 5-7 business days. So I try to tell her I booked through Best Western and ask if it is them, not the hotel, that takes the funds and should I speak to them? The response? "5-7 business days." and she hung up on me.

I'm livid. I am just livid at the inconsiderateness and tone this woman used with me.

Room Tip: Make sure you call to verify your card will not be charged upon reservation completion. Even though it is illegal to do so, apparently this hotel no longer cares about that.
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends

Thank you for your patience and for letting us know about your experience with us. On behalf of our entire staff, let me apologize for the incident you described. I am so sorry. Such service is Not At All up to our standards nor is it appropriate. We've investigated the incident and have taken the necessary steps with the staff involved to ensure such an occurrence will not happen again.

If I can be of further help, please don't hesitate to contact me. 312.467.0800

Reviewed 27 November 2013

We have stayed at many of the downtown hotels in Chicago and this is one of my favorites. We are sometimes overwhelmed by other hotel staff that want smother you when you arrive. When we walked into this hotel lobby, we immediately felt like family. They didn’t overwhelm us, but really made us feel like they were there to make our overall experience wonderful. This was not a hotel that catered to your every need. It did not have bellmen that opened your door and carrying your luggage. If you needed something all you needed to do was asked and they did everything in their power to help you. They were just not breathing down your neck and I like that. The best thing about this hotel was the location. It was close to everything. It was a short walk to great restaurants, shopping and entertainment. The free parking downtown was also a great thing. We saved easily $50 a night.
It was a great value and we will definitely be back the next time we are in Chicago.

Room Tip: We asked for a room on the highest floor avalible. Make sure you have breakfast at Meli Café & Juice Bar just one block west of the hotel. Very yummy!
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business

Thank you for your review. We're so pleased to hear our customer service was exactly the way you wanted it! We really try to make people feel like family and we believe wholeheartedly in that model of customer service.

Thank you for your kind words and we hope to see you again soon!