Best Western River North Hotel
The Peninsula Chicago(Chicago)
US$535
US$446
  • Pool
Palmer House A Hilton Hotel(Chicago)(Great Value!)
US$310
US$259
  • Restaurant
La Quinta Inn & Suites Chicago Downtown(Chicago)(Great Value!)
US$234
  • Bar/Lounge
US$254
US$212
  • Restaurant
Sheraton Grand Chicago(Chicago)(Great Value!)
US$401
US$346
  • Restaurant
Hotel Versey - Days Inn Chicago(Chicago)(Great Value!)
US$124
US$104
Kimpton Hotel Allegro(Chicago)(Great Value!)
US$209
US$180
  • Bar/Lounge
The Alise Chicago - A Staypineapple Hotel(Chicago)(Great Value!)
US$239
US$181
Official Site
  • Room Service
Chicago South Loop Hotel(Chicago)(Great Value!)
US$249
US$216
HotelQuickly
2,426 results
All reviewsrainforest cafepizzeria orahard rock cafegreat locationparking attendantwithin walking distancedowntown chicagoohio streetrooftop deckriver northindoor poolnavy piertop flooran older hotelfew blocksstreet noisethe magnificent mile
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 27 June 2014

Decent price for a Chicago hotel. Friendly front desk staff. Room was clean and surprisingly large for a room in the city. The hotel layout was a bit confusing at first (there are 2 buildings that only connect on some floors), but the location is fantastic. Easy to walk to restaurants, Michigan Avenue, subway line, etc. The hotel is right across from the old McDonalds and the Rainforest Cafe. Trader Joe's is just a few blocks away. And FREE PARKING!!!! Yes, you could hear street noise (you are in the city), but the bed was comfortable. If you are a light sleeper, I'd suggest earplugs. Free coffee and granola bars were available in the lobby. There was also a computer for use and wifi passwords were provided. There is a pool, but we didn't go to it. We would stay here again because of the free parking--a huge cost savings. We don't spend much time in our room when we're in Chicago because there is so much to do. There was a car parked behind us when we were ready to leave, but it was moved quickly by the pleasant parking lot attendant.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
RiverNorthHotel, Manager at Best Western River North Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 1 July 2014

Thank you for your compliments about our location, staff, and services! We're so glad you enjoyed what we have to offer, and we hope you'll come back to see us again.

Reviewed 25 June 2014

Recently stayed at this hotel, since it was within walking distance from downtown Chicago, the stay was average, they have the worst signs to find your room. This probably was one of those old buildings that have been updated to look like a 4 star hotel, but it's not. Only the price may be, but if you’re looking for a place to rest and sleep, this is not the place. There was constant noise from the outside, (ambulance, cars, people, horns, etc.) Since it's so close to downtown. The only good thing this hotel has it's a free parking space, but don't be fool by it either since they overbook for the parking and the end result is that they will have to park your car for you and you will have to leave the keys of your car with them overnight. The week I stayed they were having problems with the internet (Wi-Fi) that took like 2 days to fix and that is a problem in today’s dependency on the internet; I was frustrated because of it. The inside its average, the help it's average, I asked a front desk guy via phone where was the exercise room and he could not tell me, since he picked up the phone when he was taking care of another customer at the front desk. Last the restrooms are small in the so call "suites" and they do not have a restroom fan, which is not ok for me, since the fumes from the rest room carry on into the room.

The worst sign in any hotel, I've ever stayed, I came down some of the stairs thinking I was coming down to the front lobby and instead I ended up, and the back of some basement for employees only, the sign did not indicated that. I just hope the people staying here know their way around in case of an emergency since this could be a problem. They have a restaurant I hand lunch there and the food was average.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank Traveler22Salem
RiverNorthHotel, Manager at Best Western River North Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 25 June 2014

Thank you for your review, and on behalf of our team, I'd like to apologize that you did not enjoy your stay with us. The front desk agent was probably our new hire, but if he did not know the information you requested, he should have asked another employee; I'm sorry about that. The layout can indeed be tricky, but that is why we have new, large hotel map posters and directions posted on every floor, by every staircase, and outside every elevator. I'm sorry that you got lost.

I hope you'll consider staying with us again so we can show you why most guests applaud our service and amenities.

Reviewed 24 June 2014

This place is great for people who want to stay near downtown but have to stay within budget. The hotel is in a great location and offers free parking. There are numerous restaurants within walking distance. Michigan Avenue is also only a few blocks away. While we were there we rode the free trolley to the Navy Pier and we also rode the train to Wrigley Field so we did not have to drive at all. The hotel is clean and the staff is very friendly and helpful. I would definately recommend this place. We were travelling with a family member that uses a wheelchair and the hotel has a few steps to get into the main lobby but the staff placed us in a room closer to another entrance and we had no problems.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family

Thank you for your review, and I'm very pleased to see you enjoyed your stay! I'm happy that we could make a difference in your Chicago trip and that we could meet your needs. We hope to see you back again!

Reviewed 24 June 2014

We were lured in by the free parking but that is really the only thing this place has going for it. It is old, rooms are small. The street noise is deafening. I didn't sleep a wink the first night I was there. The shower took 15 minutes to warm up to a comfortable temperature. The bathroom was small and ugly. After the second night we moved over to the Embassy Suites. Yes, I had to pay for parking there, but the room rate was cheaper than the Best Western and they upgraded us to a suite for no extra charge. We were happy to pay the parking fee to finally get a good nights sleep in a clean, large, quiet room. Don't get lured in by the free parking. It's not worth it.

2  Thank Rachel W

I'm sorry that you did not have a positive experience with us. I wish that we could have had the opportunity to rectify the situation for you, but I am glad that you ended up enjoying the rest of your trip. We want visitors to always have a great experience of Chicago—even if that's not with us. Thank you for giving us your honest opinion.

Reviewed 24 June 2014

The free parking got us here, but we were so happy with the location and service, and room size!!! Wallace, DeAndree, Niyera, and Thalia, all really helped us get around and made us very comfortable!!! Great pool!!

Room Tip: We got two huge rooms with the king/fold out sofa. Our son was able to watch what he wanted at night and we were able to watch what we wanted and have plenty of privacy. The air conditioner was a little loud, but really worth it!!!
1  Thank 1970michelle

Thank you for your review, and I'm glad our staff was so helpful! I hope you come back to see us again.