We just completed a 3 night stay in this hotel and I have mixed emotions about it. There were more positive things about this hotel than negative by far. Let's start with the positives.
1. Free parking
3. Very Good Sized Rooms
4. Comfortable Beds
5. Nice Clean Pool
6. Pleasant Front Desk Staff
7. Nice looking restaurant and bar area even though we didn't get to go use either.
8. Free coffee in lobby
Now for the negatives
1. Room had very dirty carpet. So much so that when I went into the shower the bottom of the shower looked like I had mud on my feet and this was after walking barefoot on the carpet for only 10 to 15 minutes. Give them a good shampoo please.
2. Old looking bathroom's. The rooms themselves really could use an upgrade but the bathrooms really need it. Our toilet leaked a bit and the heat lamp didn't work at all. Wish the bathroom had a fan to clear shower moisture.
3. Elevators are slow slow slow.
So when comparing the good to the not so good this place screams good value. We paid around 125.00 per night INCLUDING TAXES AND FREE PARKING and were within a 20 minute WALK to navy pier. Check around and compare.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Experience the Windy City from the only downtown Chicago hotel that offers deeply discounted parking and convenient location just minutes from Michigan Avenue and Navy Pier! The award-winning BEST WESTERN River North Hotel is an affordable and convenient choice for business and leisure travelers alike. Offering great rates, this downtown Chicago hotel makes it easy to explore the city's most famous attractions, from Navy Pier to Sears Tower. World-class shopping along Michigan Avenue's Magnificent Mile is just six blocks away. Some of Chicago's most famous museums are less than two miles away, and visitors of all ages delight in exploring Shedd Aquarium, the Adler Planetarium and the Field Museum of Natural History. And what visit to Chicago is complete without a ball game? Whether its baseball, basketball or football, this Chicago BEST WESTERN is within five miles of Wrigley Field, Soldier Field, The United Center and US Cellular Field. In addition to deeply discounted parking in downtown Chicago, business travelers appreciate that this Chicago hotel is conveniently located near educational, medial and machinery businesses, the Chicago Financial District, and the Chicago Loop Business District. Chicago O'Hare International Airport is just 12 miles away from this Chicago hotel.The BEST WESTERN River North Hotel is known for its great service, friendly staff, cleanliness and amenities that make guests feel at home. Our nicely appointed rooms and suites offer cable TV with HBO(R), free high-speed Wi-Fi, room service, a coffee maker and much more. After a busy day in the bustling city, guests at this Chicago hotel can enjoy a deep-dish pizza at our onsite restaurant, take a dip in our indoor pool, or relax on the sun deck and take in the marvelous city views. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com and TravelUp so you can book your BEST WESTERN River North Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Best Western Chicago
- Chicago Best Western