Best Western River North Hotel
  • Pool
Hotel Felix(Chicago)
  • Pool
2,426 results
All reviewsrainforest cafepizzeria orahard rock cafegreat locationparking attendantwithin walking distancedowntown chicagoohio streetrooftop deckriver northindoor poolnavy piertop flooran older hotelfew blocksstreet noisethe magnificent mile
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 17 August 2014

Chicago is a great city to play in, but driving can be hectic, parking & food is expensive, and it's a loud busy city (more like NY than LA). So this hotel has a great set up with affordable rooms, free SECURE GARAGE parking to keep out the elements (ie snow) and the scary people (for all us young ladies). There's an elevator as well as steps. I will say this elevator is more like a European lift (small especially if traveling with large suitcases) and awkward tight angles. But it works!

There is an adjacent restaurant (pizza place I think) but they are responsible for the room service (not worth it) -- order on the phone, throw on some sweats, and walk to the lobby for take out! It'll save yourself some dollars! They have breakfast too and serve everything (kinda like bar food with salads added) for a very reasonable price. Breakfast here in the morning was affordable, filling, and relatively quick (plus it's right in the lobby!) The hotel does offer complementary snack stuff (granola bars, coffee, etc) in the a.m. as well.

The workout facilities were on the upper level and quite small. It gets the job done, but I was the only one in there and after 30min of cardio I was super hot (fan didn't work at all and not great ventilation in the small area). They did come clean it one morning during my workout and it wasn't super clean but ok for someone who doesn't know how to wipe down machines l, etc. The pool is also on the upper level.... It was ok. Indoor only.

Lastly, the staff. One was awesome! Explained the Ltrain, gave me a map, and was available if I got lost at all (which I did and she talked to me on my cell until I knew where I was!). One of the guys not south. I think it just depends.

No vending machine/Ice water area and the one on the floor steals dollars. But I used the restaurant and nearby Store (Walgreens?) a lot.

This is near a McDonalds and some apartments that always seem to have people coming at night and lights WILL COME IN. Use a clothespin for people who don't normally sleep in a busy 24hr city. Bathrooms are older (checkered blk/wte) but clean enough for a Chicago hotel.

My sheets/comforters were not clean and after the 3rd try of switching I just chalked it up to busy hotel cheap linens.

Overall, this was a good deal for a 18-30 yo who is on a tight budget. Just don't expect classy/fancy.

• Stayed: November 2013
RiverNorthHotel, Manager at Best Western River North Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 18 August 2014

Thank you for your review. I'm very glad you enjoyed your overall stay. But let me also apologize for not meeting some of your expectations, including linens and your interaction with one of the front desk agents. We strive to ensure every guest experience is a fabulous one, and I'm sorry that we missed that even a little. I hope you'll stay with us again on a future Chicago trip.

Reviewed 17 August 2014

Recently stayed at this hotel in Chicago. While the location was perfect and the free parking great value, one of the elevators was broken for our entire 5 day stay and we were forced to climb two large flights of stairs with children and luggage in tow. The hotel is a bit dated, but overall suited its purpose. An average hotel in a great location, close to transportation, shopping and restaurants. It would be helpful to think about adding a microwave to the room with the mini fridge.

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Thank you for your review. I do apologize for the inconvenience with the elevator. We appreciate your patience, and we hope you will return for a visit in the future.

Reviewed 17 August 2014

We chose this hotel for it's reasonable price for downtown Chicago and the free parking. It's an older hotel, but our room was big and very clean. All of the employees were helpful. Our only issue was a broken elevator and we were staying on the 5th floor. Definitely would stay here again!!

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Thank you very much for your review! I do apologize that our elevator was out-of-service due to maintenance. We're very glad you enjoyed your time in Chicago with us. We hope to see you again!

Reviewed 14 August 2014

Having free parking in Chicago was absolutely amazing, and the hotel was near an L train station so we never needed to drive any where. Would have been great to have a continental breakfast though. The hotel for the price was very accommodating and I would recommend it to anyone that would be staying in Chicago.

1  Thank Mark M

Thank you for your review. We're glad you enjoyed your stay. Our onsite restaurant does serve breakfast when ordered off the menu. For travelers on the go, we have complimentary coffee, hot chocolate, and granola bars each morning.

Reviewed 14 August 2014

Free Parking makes this the place to be. Leave your car at the hotel and enjoy the City on foot and by Public Transportation! Tat will save you easily $50/day!! With that money, go across the street to Walgreen's and get your Happy Hour supplies and head to the rooftop patio by the pool ---- you won't regret it! Then -- add the most wonderful location around. Walk to Michigan Avenue, Navy Pier, Grant Park, Millenniums Park, the Art Institute, the Miracle Mile. Restaurants (all levels) within walking distance -- as well as great jazz and blues clubs!

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
3  Thank 852randallp

Thank you for writing a review and for listing so many nearby businesses and attractions. We hope to see you again!