Holiday Inn Express Hotel Cass
The Peninsula Chicago(Chicago)
US$535
US$446
  • Pool
Palmer House A Hilton Hotel(Chicago)(Great Value!)
US$310
US$259
  • Restaurant
La Quinta Inn & Suites Chicago Downtown(Chicago)(Great Value!)
US$234
  • Bar/Lounge
US$254
US$212
  • Restaurant
Best Western River North Hotel(Chicago)(Great Value!)
US$140
US$134
  • Pool
The Alise Chicago - A Staypineapple Hotel(Chicago)(Great Value!)
US$239
US$181
Official Site
  • Room Service
Hotel Versey - Days Inn Chicago(Chicago)(Great Value!)
US$124
US$104
Kimpton Hotel Allegro(Chicago)(Great Value!)
US$209
US$180
  • Bar/Lounge
Chicago South Loop Hotel(Chicago)(Great Value!)
US$249
US$236
getaroom.com
1,099 results
All reviewsrooms are smallthe magnificent milehi expressgreat locationfree breakfastyogurttwo blockstrader joesdowntown chicagothe breakfast areamag mileplace to sleepnavy pierwithin walking distancemichigan avefront desk staffwalked everywhere
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 26 January 2012

I was attending a conference and decided to go in a day early. I was not able to book a room at the "conference" hotel so I picked the Holiday Inn Express. I wish I did not have to leave! I must admit the room was very small (I have traveled a lot to Europe so I know small hotels), but this room had everything you needed! Plus no one should be in their room because they should be out seeing the sights. The staff was very helpful and the place was clean. The best part was the location! I can't wait to go back!

I forgot to mention that the rate I received was much lower than the Hampton Inn or similar hotels.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled solo
HotelCass, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel Cass, responded to this reviewResponded 1 February 2012

Thank you for taking the time to write a response. We are happy to hear that you took advantage of our amenities offered and our convenient location downtown. We hope you join us again soon.

Reviewed 23 January 2012

Stayed at Hotel Cass on January 19, for 4 nights in corner room 1508. I`m Platinum Ambassador within Priority Club and was very impressed with their treatment of me and my status. I originally booked a queen room but requested a king on my reservation. When I checked in, the lady at the front desk recognized my status, welcomed me and addressed me by my last name, upgraded me to a corner king room and in addition credited my account 2500 bonus points just for being platinum. The hotel itself is completely renovated and everything has a new look. The room is very high tech, huge TV, lots of outlets, night-reading lamps on the bed, brand new carpet, wonderful high-pressure shower head and even a safe. Service was exceptional especially considering that it`s only a Holiday Inn Express. It rivals the full service hotels and even better than most of them. From valet to front desk to housekeeping and breakfast attendants, everyone seemed ready to help and always smiled and greeted me with good morning and have a great day. The head valet guy always opened the door for everyone coming in and going out of the hotel. And of course, free WI FI and full hot breakfast is included which is a great value. There are two elevators and they are fast and efficient. Valet parking is $40 (in and out privileges) and is very competitive considering that most surrounding hotels charge at least $45 or $50. If you want great value, a clean and modern boutique hotel, at a great location and with courteous and professional staff, the Cass Holiday Inn Express is the place for you.

Room Tip: Ask or book a corner room. They are even quieter. There are only 4 suites so the chances of being upgraded to one are slim to none, unless of course you book one way in advance.
  • Stayed: January 2012, travelled on business

Thank you for taking the time to write a response. We are glad to hear you enjoyed all that we have to offer. Your kind words will be passed onto our staff. We hope to see you in the Windy City again.

Reviewed 19 January 2012

I generally stay in far more high end or sophisticated hotels but I was meeting my son, who is moving to the city, and who booked the Cass as an economical alternative. The hotel was in a terrific location, had a decent breakfast, free wifi, was clean and the staff were all helpful, knowledgeable and pleasant. The rooms (we had 2) were very small but the shower was excellent, the towels good, the tv large. The hotel is old but the halls are bright and seems very well run. It was a pleasant surprise and excellent value on Expedia.

Room Tip: the 02 is a smaller line. corners are bigger
  • Stayed: January 2012, travelled with family
HotelCass, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel Cass, responded to this reviewResponded 24 January 2012

Thank you for taking the time to write this response. We appreciate your kind words and they will be passed onto our staff. We are glad to hear that you enjoyed the amenities that we have to offer. Hope to see you again soon and we hope that your son's move was a good one!

Reviewed 16 January 2012

The service was not atypical of most Holiday Inn Express hotels, but the staff was unusally accommodating. I highly recommend this place. It is also at most a 15 min. walk from most anything site, restaurant, or shopping area downton.

Stayed: January 2012, travelled on business
HotelCass, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel Cass, responded to this reviewResponded 19 January 2012

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. . We are happy to hear that the location was a convenient spot for you and your kind words will be passed on to our staff. We hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 14 January 2012

I really enjoyed staying at this hotel. The location was fantastic, the front desk staff was helpful and the rooms were quiet. The only downfall would be the rooms are pretty narrow and if u are sharing a room with another person it starts to feel pretty crowded. It is Chicago, so in all honesty it wasn't a big deal because all I wanted to do was get ready and go out.

• Stayed: January 2012

Thank you for taking the time to write a response. We are pleased to know that you enjoyed our convenient location and the accommodations offered. Hope to see you again.