Hotel Felix
Sofitel Chicago Magnificent Mile(Chicago)(Great Value!)
US$320
US$274
Sofitel
US$226
US$190
  • Room Service
La Quinta Inn & Suites Chicago Downtown(Chicago)(Great Value!)
US$256
Hilton Chicago(Chicago)(Great Value!)
US$327
US$271
  • Restaurant
Kimpton Hotel Allegro(Chicago)(Great Value!)
US$255
US$218
  • Bar/Lounge
1,670 results
All reviewsrooms are smallboutique hotelwhole foodsfew blocksriver northmichigan avefront desk staffbed was very comfortablefree coffeedowntown chicagolocation is greatthe magnificent milemag mileupon checknavy pierlobbydoorman
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 5 November 2013

This was our first experience (amazing last minute deal online!) staying at Hotel Felix and we were satisfied overall. That being said, we would probably only stay here again if we got a similar last minute deal. We would classify it as average but the location downtown is great. It is older and has been updated, has comfortable beds but the rooms are small. The front desk staff was very friendly and allowed us to check in early. Nearby parking if you don't want to valet, but the valet price was actually great for the area. Small bar in the lobby that provided coffee and tea in the morning.

****We have only one real complaint regarding service. We realized we left our electronic toothbrush and called within an hour of checking out. They said they didn't have it but we are sure it was there. We called again MULTIPLE times and left MULTIPLE messages that were never returned. It would have been nice if they called us back, even if it could not be located.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
georgejordan, General Manager at Hotel Felix, responded to this reviewResponded 28 January 2014

Hi weloveadventures3 - Thank you very much for posting your review. We hope to see you again soon despite the confusion surrounding your missing item. We do appreciate your kind remarks and feedback. Have a great day!

Reviewed 3 November 2013

I purchased 3 nights stay at the Hotel Felix in downtown Chicago in August on Hotwire. After learning this was my hotel , I started looking at reviews online. There were so many negative comments about how small the rooms were, the noise from the street, etc. I was becoming concerned that I had spent money for a small getaway in my favorite city and I was going to end up hating the hotel. Well, that couldn't be farther from the truth. I was to arrive early and had requested early check in. When I arrived approximately 10AM, not only was my room ready, but I was greeted be a wonderful team at the main desk. I had also requested a quieter room and they accommodated me wonderfully. My room was a corner room, tucked into a small cove area and I had a beautiful view of the city streets. My room was so quiet, I never heard any of the city traffic, unless I chose to open the windows, which was an added plus.
My room was lovely, perfect for someone travelling alone. It was small, but quite adequate. It had a wonderfully comfortable king size bed, a well appointed bathroom, and an efficient desk area. A small closet area, but what was great, was under the bed drawer storage area. I found this a great solution to not having a large obstructive dresser to contend with. A great flat screen TV was on the wall for enjoyment. Everything was compact, but well appointed and very well thought out. Although there was no real sitting area in the room besides the desk area, unless you are planning to entertain several folks in your room, this is not an issue.
If you are going to Chicago to spend a lot of time in your room, I feel you are there for the wrong reason. Chicago is a great city with so many wonderful things to do and see. I would definitely recommend the Hotel Felix to anyone going that wants a unique boutique hotel. I also enjoyed a wonderful breakfast in the hotel restaurant. Coffee and tea selections were available each morning in the open gathering space in the lobby. A small bar area was open each afternoon/evening, although I didn't have a chance to enjoy that. The location was perfect, a short walking distance to the Magnificent Mile, many great restaurants within walking distance. I always ask the locals where they eat and I have never been disappointed. Make sure you get some Garrett's popcorn....this is not to be missed!!!!
I had a great 3 day mini vacation and can't wait to go back and visit Chicago again and I will definitely be staying at the Hotel Felix!

Room Tip: I requested a quiet, corner room, away from the elevators.
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank Jaronson911
georgejordan, General Manager at Hotel Felix, responded to this reviewResponded 8 November 2013

Hello Jaronson911, thank you very much for your review. We're thrilled you enjoyed our one-of-a-kind boutique hotel, our very own oasis in the city! We are also so glad you mentioned Garrett popcorn, our favorite is the Chicago mix (a blend of cheese corn & caramel corn... delicious!). We look forward to seeing you again on your next Chicago getaway!

Reviewed 28 October 2013

I have no idea what these other people are complaining about. I have traveled all over the world and stayed everywhere from upscale resorts to hostel dorms, and this hotel is definitely very good. Maybe they are accustomed to Vegas style suites? In any case, the staff is friendly, the room was not that small - I had a King bed room and there was a decently big hall leading into the room. There wasn't too much room around the bed, but I'm here to see the city, not to do cartwheels in my room. There was a chair, a small closet but no fridge. I appreciated the ipod dock by the bed.The bathroom was very spacious, and the shower was built for 2 (it was very big: 4 feet by 4 feet or more?) and had nice Occitane products. I stayed in Hilton in Manhatten last month in a room much much smaller, with an outdated teenytiny bathroom - this hotel was much much better at a fraction of the cost.
The hotel itself is a couple of blocks from the brown line and the red line, and is walking distance from the loop and the miracle mile. Very very clean. And WINDOWS THAT OPEN! Will definitely return. Usually in hotels one hears whats going on in the halls, but I heard nothing of my neighbours.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank mud21

Hi mud21, thank you for your review! We're so glad you enjoyed your stay with us. We're also happy you noted that our windows do open, we think it's a nice perk and are glad you think so too. Thank you again and we hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed 27 October 2013

Overall my stay at Felix Hotel on Huron in Chicago was average. The price was great but we should have known it was too good to be true.

Pros: great location - close to everything including shopping and awesome restaurants. Hotel staff were extremely helpful and friendly. And the rooms were always clean. Yes, the rooms are small, very small but nicely decorated.

Cons: The walls in the rooms are paper thin so you hear everything in the hallway and your neighbors rooms. If you are a light sleeper this isn't the place for you. Since the rooms are so small, the beds are right next to the door - not like most hotels where the bathroom is next to the door. The AC unit is very noisy and kicks on/off every 15-20 mins to keep the room at a decent temp. And there's an awful smell that lingers in the hallway and makes its way into the room when the AC unit turns on. It's awful and will wake you in your sleep. However, the lobby smells like a spa when you walk in.

Overall you get what you pay for. I would not stay here unless you are on an extreme budget and bring ear plugs and air freshener.

• Stayed: October 2013
2  Thank BigCityTravelista
georgejordan, General Manager at Hotel Felix, responded to this reviewResponded 29 October 2013

Thanks for your review BigCityTravelista! We're glad you enjoyed your stay with us. We hope you have a great day.

Reviewed 17 October 2013

It's always difficult picking hotels but I am really happy with my decision to stay at Hotel Felix.

Location
I took the Blue Line from O'Hare Airport to Clarke/Lake (approx. 40mins and $5) and then a taxi to the hotel (approx. $5). This was quicker and cheaper than a taxi from the airport. The hotel is in Near North which a nice area with independent shops, restauants and a massive Whole Foods nearby. It is about 4 blocks to Michigan Avenue and 15-20min walk to the river. The location is very good. There is a metro station and bus routes nearby.

Hotel overall
Hotel Felix is a small, boutique hotel. The service was polite, courteous and friendly. I had quite a few questions as I was new to the city and staff always went out of their way to help me. The common spaces were modern and lounge-like in style so was a comfortable place to hang out. There is also a business centre with computers and a printer which was useful. I did not make use of the spa or gym facilities. Housekeeping were fantastic - my room was always very well made.

Room
I had a King Room which was a generous size given its central location. It had ample storage (wardrobe/drawers/shelves/under bed storage). The bed was very comfortable and the room had a nice shower in the bathroom with L'Occitane toiletries. There is no mini bar in the room but this was not a problem. An iron and ironing board was in the room; again very useful. Overall a very nice room.

The rate did not include breakfast however the restaurant attached provided a nice French-style breakfast which was reasonable priced. I ordered room service once. The meal was tasty and the portions were generous. The hotel offer complimentary hot drinks during the morning to guests.

Overall I really liked Hotel Felix and felt it offered good value for money. It was a little pricy but I think this was because I booked very last minute so perhaps could not get the best rate. I would recommend it as a good option for those staying in Chicago.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled solo
georgejordan, General Manager at Hotel Felix, responded to this reviewResponded 23 October 2013

Hello MDLCLondon, thank you very much for your review. We really enjoyed reading each aspect of your stay, from your tips on getting to us (kudos to using public transportation!) to the room and food breakdown. We also loved your photos you included in your review. Thank again for taking the time to write such a thorough and helpful review for future guests and we hope to see you again soon.