“Very much a boutique hotel...”
Review of Hotel Felix

Hotel Felix
Ranked #121 of 192 Hotels in Chicago
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed 10 August 2014 via mobile

I stayed at this hotel about two weekends ago and I enjoyed my experience. The room was extremely small, but then again, I'm from Europe and used to that. The building was very well maintained and the front desk staff was extremely courteous and professional. Loved the layout of the bathroom. I would definitely stay here again.

Stayed: August 2014, travelled on business
georgejordan, General Manager at Hotel Felix, responded to this reviewResponded 13 August 2014

Hi Sean,

Thank you so much for your review after your recent stay with us. While our rooms are cozy in nature, we find most guests appreciate our urban location, which is just steps away from Chicago’s landmarks, including the Magnificent Mile, museums, shopping and more. Thank you for your review. We hope to see you again soon.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,654)

Reviewed 10 August 2014

We had worst experience in this hotel. The room is so tiny, you can hear the street noise while sleeping. The valet parking service was terrible, and the service guy's attitude was so bad. I don't know how this hotel can be rated as four stars hotel. I had been to many hotels for my business trip, this hotel was even worst than some of the two stars hotel. I don't know how it can get such good review. Worst hotel experience ever.

• Stayed: August 2014
1  Thank Lili Z

Hello Lili Z,

Thank you for your review after your recent stay with us. Thank you for bringing your experience to my attention, I will look into the situation and conduct remedial training where necessary. I understand it is important to all travelers to have a restful night and attentive staff there to help. Thank you again for your review. Have a nice day.

Reviewed 9 August 2014

-The gym was adequate with three (3) treadmills, two (2) ellipticals and free weights.
-Room service was inexpensive and the food was delivered quickly.
-The room was small, I mean TINY!
-We were on the 2nd floor facing the street, which was so noisy with all of the traffic. We were also right next to the ice machine. We asked to be moved to a larger and/or quiet room and offered to pay more, but was told that was not possible.
-There was not an option for a room with a bathtub and the bathroom was too small for two (2) people to get ready at the same time.
-The sink was so shallow, water splashed out of it and it overflowed within seconds.
-There was a long, black hair stuck to the bathroom wall which had been there for a while. I have blonde hair, so I know it was not mine.
-The closet space could only hold up to eight (8) hangers with clothes. Being that we were there for five (5) nights, we had much more clothing that we needed to hang.
-There are no in-room safes. Luckily all of my jewelry and electronics were not stolen.
-The wallpaper was peeling off of the walls.
-There were rips in the carpet.
-Two (2) of the three (3) computers in the business center did not work.
-My NUMBER ONE complaint would be the corners of the bed. These corners were so sharp, both me and my boyfriend banged our shins over ten (10) times each, resulting in bloody cuts. When I complained to the front desk, they promised to apply padding to solve the problem, which never occurred. After staying there for five (5) nights, our legs looked like we had participated in a brutal MMA fight.

Room Tip: Ask to be blocked away from the street and ice machine.
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple

Hello Sjschmidt,

Thank you for your review. While our rooms are cozy in nature, as Chicago's first Silver LEED certified hotel we're proud of our eco-friendly efforts. As for the beds, we will look into this situation and we appreciate your feedback. Thank you again for your review. Have a nice day.

Reviewed 6 August 2014

Very Nice! Good place to stay and not far at all from shopping/eating/entertainment. My only recommendation is that if you drive to the Hotel Felix, they only have Valet parking and it's NOT included with the cost of the room - but will be added to your bill if you decide to use their valet parking. They have two options: 1) you can have the park the car for $55 nightly or use separate parking at $29 you have to drive then walk back.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
1  Thank Craig G

Hello Craig G,

Thank you for your review after your recent stay with us. I am thrilled to hear that you enjoyed our location in the trendy River North neighborhood of Chicago. Thank you again for your review. We hope to see you soon.

Reviewed 5 August 2014

I had never heard or seen Hotel Felix and that is because it is off the beaten path but that is what makes it so great. You will be a few blocks off of Michigan Ave yet it is in an area near all of the latest and greatest places to eat and seek entertainment. The hotel itself is a boutique hotel. Very modern and clean. The room was very comfortable and the bathroom very nice. They also have a small bar tucked away in a corner in the lobby or you can enter a resturaunt through the other side of their lobby. There is also a very nice rooftop bar right next door which is in what I was told their sister hotel called The Godfrey (i believe that is the name). We walked past so many places that I would have loved to have had the time to check out.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank lolo1865

Hello lolo1856,

Thank you for your review. I am thrilled to hear that you enjoyed your stay and took advantage of our location in the trendy River North Area of Chicago. We would love to have you back the next time you want to check out Chicago. Thank you again for your review.

Reviewed 5 August 2014

My husband and I stayed one Friday night in July for a couples weekend, booked through Priceline. The Felix was in the same category as the Marriott, Sheraton, Westin...which we have stayed at all of these in Chicago before and liked them. We hoped for the best, and got the worst! Joke was on ME!!
Check in went fine, staff is ok at best. Went up to room, walked in and started laughing! If I didn't laugh, I was going to cry about spending $250 for a walk in closet! It had a queen bed, tv, and a chair w desk that I had to move behind the door so we had some room to walk at end of bed. Also, the bed had sharp wood corners that i kept bumping into with my leg. NO ROOM in the Room!!
Bathroom tiny~nowhere to put toiletries, and also no closet or place to put clothes.
Who would want to stay here for that amount of money?
Location is ok if you like to walk, which is what we did. Went to a great Whole Foods couple blocks down. Also, an excellent Irish Resturant Bar few blocks down with great out door seating and great menu! Hard Rock Cafe and the hot dog place Portillo's down the street for a late night snack!
But even with a bunch of hot spots in close walking distance- I will never stay here again!

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank PDgirl5

Hello PDgirl5,
Thank you for posting your review. While our rooms are cozy in nature, as Chicago's first Silver LEED certified hotel we're proud of our eco-friendly efforts. We find that most guests appreciate the location central to shopping, dining, attractions and more. Thank you again for choosing Hotel Felix Chicago. Safe travels.

Reviewed 3 August 2014 via mobile

My husband and I stayed at Hotel Felix on a weekend trip to Chicago. The room was very small, but was clean and the bed was comfy. We did not spend much time at the hotel. They provided complimentary tea and coffee in the mornings. It was a great location to walk and see the sites. We kept our fan on at night because the walls were thin and there was lots of city noises. We got a great deal using Priceline.

Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple

Hello TMH05,

Thank you for your review after your recent stay with us. Thank you for choosing Hotel Felix for your weekend trip to Chicago. I am glad to hear you enjoyed the complimentary, fair-trade coffee and tea in the lobby. Thank you again for writing a review TMH05.