“Great location”

GreenLeadersGold level
Toronto, Canada
“Great location”
Reviewed 2 September 2014

Although the room is rather small, the bed was very comfortable. No fridge or coffee in the room. Staff was very helpful. Hotel is a few blocks from The Magnificent Mile, Sears bldg, Chicago station and L line. Food is really great at the restaurant adjacent to hotel although menu is very limited. Quite a few restaurants within a block or 2.

• Stayed August 2014
georgejordan, General Manager at Hotel Felix, responded to this review, 4 September 2014
Hi christianebr - Thank you for posting your review. While our rooms are cozy in nature, as Chicago's first Silver LEED certified hotel we're proud of our eco-friendly efforts. In keeping with our eco-friendly policies, we do not have coffee machines in our guests rooms. Household appliances like coffee machines continue to draw electricity when plugged in, even if turned off. We provide complimentary, fair-trade coffee and tea in the lobby every morning. We also do not automatically equip guest rooms with refrigerators. We do provide guests with mini fridges upon request though, pending availability, with advance notice preferred. We are glad to hear that your bed was comfortable and that you enjoyed nearby dining. Thank you again, and we hope to see you again soon.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (291)
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Columbus, Ohio
Reviewed 2 September 2014 via mobile

From the way others made it sound, I was afraid we were going to be staying in a Cracker Jack box. Our room wasn't tiny at all, I found it to be very comfortable and the bathroom was good sized too. I appreciated the shower basin and not having to step in and out of a tub. Valet was slow at the start and we could hear a baby crying in the next room but that would be our only complaints. I agree with others watch for the bottom of the bed but as long as you're watching where you are going, it shouldn't be a problem. I would stay at this hotel and recommend it to others as well. We loved it!

• Stayed August 2014
Hi Notdyed - Thank you very much for sharing your thoughts following your recent visit to Chicago. We are glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay! Thank you for your comments and we hope to see you again soon. Safe travels.
London
Reviewed 2 September 2014

I would really like to say that The Felix was amazing, but I just can't. It's location is excellent and it is a great, historic building. However, there were a few issues. The air conditioner in our room was exceedingly loud we couldn't keep the room at a consistent temperature.
As well, we were a bit miffed when the cleaner threw away some of our food that we had packaged and set aside for later.

The reception staff was very friendly and helpful as were the door staff.

Room Tip: Chicago is a loud city, bring ear plugs!
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled with friends
Hi tmc-7 - Thank you for posting your review. Thank you for letting us know about the noise of air conditioner and the cleaning staff discarding your food. This is valuable feedback. Thank you again, and have a nice day.
Calgary, Canada
Reviewed 2 September 2014

We checked in Thursday night (August 28), the night staff on duty that night were great. Very pleasant, sense of humor and directed us to a great place for a late night meal. Perhaps rooms are small but we did not go to Chicago to spend time in room. I do not think we ran into the bed frames once. Beds comfortable and hotel walking distance from everything, shopping, dining etc. (maybe we are more of walkers than others who complained) felt safe walking back to hotel at night.
Would stay here again and would recommend.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with friends
Hi Melissa R - Thank you for posting your review. We appreciate your feedback. While our rooms are cozy in nature, we find most guests appreciate our urban location, which is just steps away from Chicago’s landmarks, including the Magnificent Mile, museums, shopping and more. We are happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay, and we hope to see you again soon.
Charlotte Amalie, St. Thomas
Reviewed 2 September 2014

I absolutely loved this hotel. It's a tiny, adorable, little boutique hotel in the heart of Mag Mile. I stayed there by myself so the room was perfect for me. Very close to all the places I wanted to see and close to where the majority of my friends lived and worked so it worked out really well. I got room service from their restaurant, delivered to my room in 30 min or less and they were very pleasant and the food was good. I booked the room through Priceline's "name your own price" and I don't think I paid more than $100/night + valet service. I loved it and I can't wait to stay at Hotel Felix again on my next visit to Chicago! Highly recommended and definitely something off the beaten path from the typical "big chain" hotels.

Room Tip: My room was on the corner front of the hotel…facing North Clark street.
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled solo
Hi mkb1121 - Thank you for posting your review. We appreciate your kind remarks. We are glad to hear that you enjoyed our urban location, room service, and valet parking service. Thank you again for sharing your thoughts, and we hope you have a nice day.
Pleasanton, California
Reviewed 1 September 2014 via mobile

This hotel was very clean and welcoming. I found the rooms to be much too small for my comfort. The bedroom and bath lacked useable space and felt cramped.

The bar is very small, but service was very good. We did not use the food services.

Stayed August 2014, travelled with friends
Hi Bill - Thank you for choosing Hotel Felix for your recent visit to Chicago. While our rooms are cozy in nature, as Chicago's first Silver LEED certified hotel we're proud of our eco-friendly efforts. Thank you again for posting your review. Safe travels.
Sacramento, California
Reviewed 29 August 2014

Stayed at the Hotel Felix for two nights. I was happy that I was by myself since the room is so very small. Hard to think how two or more people could manage. The room was clean and the bed was comfortable so the stay was OK. I like walking so the location was not bad although there was a fair amount of traffic noise. Whole Foods is a block away if you want to get snacks or other nice things to enjoy. CTA Red Line Metro is only about 4 blocks away.

Room Tip: Maybe a higher floor, I was on the 5th.
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled solo
Hi sehoag - We appreciate your review. While our rooms are cozy in nature, we find most guests appreciate our urban location, which is just steps away from Chicago’s landmarks, including the Magnificent Mile, museums, shopping and more. HF also meets the standards of a four-star hotel. Thanks again for your feedback. Safe travels.