Hotel Felix
Sofitel Chicago Magnificent Mile(Chicago)(Great Value!)
US$382
US$532
US$247
US$231
  • Restaurant
La Quinta Inn & Suites Chicago Downtown(Chicago)(Great Value!)
US$263
US$234
  • Breakfast included
Palmer House A Hilton Hotel(Chicago)(Great Value!)
US$253
Hilton Chicago(Chicago)(Great Value!)
US$327
US$271
  • Restaurant
Hotel Versey - Days Inn Chicago(Chicago)(Great Value!)
US$193
US$161
1,670 results
All reviewsrooms are smallboutique hotelwhole foodsfew blocksriver northmichigan avefront desk staffbed was very comfortablefree coffeedowntown chicagolocation is greatthe magnificent milemag mileupon checknavy pierlobbydoorman
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 9 December 2010

The location was very good since it was close to many restaurants and Michigan Avenue. We felt safe walking around at night looking for places to eat and drink. The lobby and bar decoration was contemporary, nice deep colors and to top it off it smelled very good.

The rooms were tiny, the queen sized bed took up all but 2-3 feet surrounding it. No real closet or space for your luggage. The tv is on the wall right on top of the tiny desk. Pictures attached....

Not a place for a long stay or for those looking to spend a lot of time in their room. You are definitely paying for location alone at Hotel Felix.

• Stayed: December 2010, travelled on business
FelixHotel, General Manager at Hotel Felix, responded to this reviewResponded 28 December 2010

I had to chuckle when I read your headline. While it is true that some of our guestrooms are cozy, we hope that you and "Garfield" will consider a return visit to Hotel Felix. If you'll let me know in advance, we'll do our best to make sure your stay in Chicago is comfortable.

George.

Reviewed 8 December 2010

My trip to the Hotel Felix started out quite poor. After making arrangements through our corporate travel, I had called the hotel directly to add an additional night. I was told it wasn't a problem and they would honor the same rate, so I told my colleague to do the same. A couple days prior to my arrival, I had called to confirm my reservation and learned that the rate for my extra night was $400 more than quoted. I was shocked! I asked my colleague to make a similar call and the same information was shared. After numerous phone calls and nobody owning up to the change in rates (even after we shared the name of the onsite reservationist we spoke to originally) we got no where. We were finally able to get the rate to $100 over the original price quoted but still after all the time spent it was a very unpleasant start.

The hotel itself is located on a fairly quiet street a few blocks away from the main drag. There's a small lobby and waiting area with a restaurant off the side. There's valet parking or a self-park directly across the street (cash only though). The rooms are quite small. We've stayed at other downtown Chicago hotels and were surprised especially because we thought this was a newer hotel.

The other issue that arose during our stay was that 1/2 way through, my key didn't work. I went to the front desk and they were not very customer friendly to deal with. After waiting on a short line, I just needed my key to work so that I could prepare for a meeting. The front desk person needed my credit card (not drivers license ID which I did have on me) which was in the room. After 20 mins of back and forth, I told him that I need to get to the room for my credit card and would bring it back down after my meeting. What a hassle!! I'm not sure what kind of policy they have which dictates this to reprogram the key.

I would say that my feeling towards the Hotel Felix is just OK. Definitely wouldn't go above and beyond to recommend to my colleagues when staying in the area. Overall, if you're not going to be at the room much and just need a place to stay then it's fine. But if you need if for any more than that, perhaps there's other options to seek out.

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled on business
Reviewed 6 December 2010

I didn't plan on staying in a hotel when visiting Chicago until our host notified us that the accommodations would be limited at his home. Therefore, I got on Expedia and found the Hotel Felix. The rate was reasonable and I could get a room with two doubles.

The bar was nice, lobby clean and sleek. I thought our room was of ample size for a city hotel (though my friends staying with me did not agree). We didn't use many of the amenities, but the gym was nice and the location allowed us to get around by cab for a reasonable price. There's also a Whole Foods down that street that is perfect for picking up meals to go, etc.

• Stayed: December 2010, travelled with friends
Reviewed 6 December 2010

Ioved my weekend stay @ this hotel. Friendly front desk,doormen and enjoyed my hour massage. Room had nice view from the 12th floor, very comfortable bed and enjoyed the H20 product's in the bathroom. I disliked the scratchy towel's and not enough hanger's in the small closet space. I booked with priceline.com and for the price and location can not let those few dislike's prevent myself drom returning to this hotel.

Stayed: December 2010, travelled on business
Reviewed 6 December 2010

Rooms are SO SMALL it overshadows any of the positives (location good, bed very comfy, new modern decor). It was equivalent to a youth hostel in Europe....seriously. Only a queen bed in the room but it was too cramped for only a couple to move about without banging knees on the bed frame. "Closet" consisted of only a 12 inch pole in a corner with a curtian to cover it....could not fit all hanging clothes on it (2 adults for 2 days but included heavy winter coats). Surrounding rooms water was VERY loud when showers run or toilets flushed, and HVAC system was very loud. Simply put, room was just too small to be acceptable at any star rating.

• Stayed: December 2010, travelled as a couple