“We had the best time EVER!!!!! So cozy and perfect location”
Review of Hotel Felix

Hotel Felix
Ranked #121 of 192 Hotels in Chicago
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed 16 December 2010

We went to the city to see a concert and hotel Felix was in prime location!The staff was great loved the decor.Plus the bed was like sleeping at home. Best hotel bed EVER!! Super soft and cozy plus clean!!! great job hotel felix

• Stayed: December 2010, travelled with friends
Write a ReviewReviews (1,654)

Reviewed 15 December 2010

I stayed here with my wife in October 2010 for 1 night. We got the room from priceline for $75 a night. What a great hotel! The rooms are small but let's be honest, it is located in the heart of the city. I've stayed at the hotel felix, inn of chicago, and best western river north and all 3 have tiny rooms! Hotel Felix has a leg up on the other 2 because of the great beds! Just booked another trip to Chicago and will be staying at hotel felix. Got 4 nights for $60 a night!

• Stayed: October 2010
Reviewed 15 December 2010

We just got back from a 3 night stay at this hotel and I thought it was great! The decor is very modern, the rooms were clean with comfy beds and large walk-in showers and the staff was friendly. They had free internet in-room and we used the business center to print boarding passes before we left. The location was just a few blocks from Michigan Avenue, with great bus routes closeby, plus there are some good restaurants right around the block. No, the rooms aren't huge but our Queen room had plenty of space for us.

• Stayed: December 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 12 December 2010

Very hip, cool decor, great shower, quality furnishings, cool lobby, very friendly front desk staff, close to River North action.

Only the room size was an issue, but the rooms are actually very efficiently laid out.

• Stayed: December 2010, travelled on business
Reviewed 9 December 2010

The location was very good since it was close to many restaurants and Michigan Avenue. We felt safe walking around at night looking for places to eat and drink. The lobby and bar decoration was contemporary, nice deep colors and to top it off it smelled very good.

The rooms were tiny, the queen sized bed took up all but 2-3 feet surrounding it. No real closet or space for your luggage. The tv is on the wall right on top of the tiny desk. Pictures attached....

Not a place for a long stay or for those looking to spend a lot of time in their room. You are definitely paying for location alone at Hotel Felix.

• Stayed: December 2010, travelled on business
FelixHotel, General Manager at Hotel Felix, responded to this reviewResponded 28 December 2010

I had to chuckle when I read your headline. While it is true that some of our guestrooms are cozy, we hope that you and "Garfield" will consider a return visit to Hotel Felix. If you'll let me know in advance, we'll do our best to make sure your stay in Chicago is comfortable.

George.

Reviewed 8 December 2010

My trip to the Hotel Felix started out quite poor. After making arrangements through our corporate travel, I had called the hotel directly to add an additional night. I was told it wasn't a problem and they would honor the same rate, so I told my colleague to do the same. A couple days prior to my arrival, I had called to confirm my reservation and learned that the rate for my extra night was $400 more than quoted. I was shocked! I asked my colleague to make a similar call and the same information was shared. After numerous phone calls and nobody owning up to the change in rates (even after we shared the name of the onsite reservationist we spoke to originally) we got no where. We were finally able to get the rate to $100 over the original price quoted but still after all the time spent it was a very unpleasant start.

The hotel itself is located on a fairly quiet street a few blocks away from the main drag. There's a small lobby and waiting area with a restaurant off the side. There's valet parking or a self-park directly across the street (cash only though). The rooms are quite small. We've stayed at other downtown Chicago hotels and were surprised especially because we thought this was a newer hotel.

The other issue that arose during our stay was that 1/2 way through, my key didn't work. I went to the front desk and they were not very customer friendly to deal with. After waiting on a short line, I just needed my key to work so that I could prepare for a meeting. The front desk person needed my credit card (not drivers license ID which I did have on me) which was in the room. After 20 mins of back and forth, I told him that I need to get to the room for my credit card and would bring it back down after my meeting. What a hassle!! I'm not sure what kind of policy they have which dictates this to reprogram the key.

I would say that my feeling towards the Hotel Felix is just OK. Definitely wouldn't go above and beyond to recommend to my colleagues when staying in the area. Overall, if you're not going to be at the room much and just need a place to stay then it's fine. But if you need if for any more than that, perhaps there's other options to seek out.

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled on business
Reviewed 6 December 2010

I didn't plan on staying in a hotel when visiting Chicago until our host notified us that the accommodations would be limited at his home. Therefore, I got on Expedia and found the Hotel Felix. The rate was reasonable and I could get a room with two doubles.

The bar was nice, lobby clean and sleek. I thought our room was of ample size for a city hotel (though my friends staying with me did not agree). We didn't use many of the amenities, but the gym was nice and the location allowed us to get around by cab for a reasonable price. There's also a Whole Foods down that street that is perfect for picking up meals to go, etc.

• Stayed: December 2010, travelled with friends