“Cozy hotel for short stay”
Review of Hotel Felix

Hotel Felix
Ranked #121 of 192 Hotels in Chicago
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed 25 December 2010

In Chicago for a short business trip (3 days). We were able to book this hotel at a reasonable price through Priceline. Felt right at home and comfortable in this hotel. Rooms are on the small side, but not too cramped. The restuarant next door and onsite lounge were very convenient after a busy work day. Would definitely recommend for a short stay in town.

• Stayed: November 2010, travelled on business

Reviewed 23 December 2010

I got this room through Priceline ($65/night) thinking I was getting a 5 star hotel. While this hotel is nice, it is definitely not a 5 star quality hotel. I was ready for a small room, but the room is REALLY small. We had a room with a queen bed and there is barely enough room to walk around the bed with our bags shoved up against the outside wall. We were in room 1109. From the end of the bed to the wall is 2'. From the side of the bed closest to the window, where there is a small desk, there is 3'. From the side of the bed interior, there is 2' and a small bed table. I hope that gives you an idea of the size of the room. I am a frequent European traveler and I am used to small hotel rooms, but this room is smaller than I anticipated. The TV is awesome.
The room and bathroom are very clean and there is great quality linens on the bed.
The staff have been very nice and helpful. I asked if they had a brochure for the Museum of Science and Industry and they told me that they don't have brochures. This seems odd to me, but since this is a very 'green' hotel, I understand.
Wifi is free and fast. Hotel is in a fantastic area!

Reviewed 17 December 2010

this hotel was perfect for the price. I went with a group of 6 and it was modern and what a great location. The staff was very nice also

• Stayed: December 2010, travelled with friends
Reviewed 17 December 2010

We picked this hotel as a romantic holiday getaway. As soon as you walk in, you can feel the warmth of the fireplace and were greeted by a nice staff. Hotel Valet is 42.00 but if you park your car yourself in the lot across the street its 32.00. It was a good tip given to us by the bell hop. We used the fitness center which is extremely up to date with all new equipment, tvs attached to each machine. We even paid a visit to Asha Salon which is onsite. The entire hotel was redone so everything is brand new and beautiful. Do not expect the largest spaces in the world, but they did a great job of keeping the decor minimal but modern. The location was extremely close to shopping (state street) and to the Daley center for us to be able to visit the Christkindlmarket and check out the giant christmas tree. We ate dinner at Elate restaurant which is next door to the hotel. You do not have to walk outside of the hotel for it. The menu is not the largest in selection, but what we ordered was very tasty. It was a beautiful stay for my husband and I.

1  Thank Meems07
Reviewed 16 December 2010

We went to the city to see a concert and hotel Felix was in prime location!The staff was great loved the decor.Plus the bed was like sleeping at home. Best hotel bed EVER!! Super soft and cozy plus clean!!! great job hotel felix

• Stayed: December 2010, travelled with friends
Reviewed 15 December 2010

I stayed here with my wife in October 2010 for 1 night. We got the room from priceline for $75 a night. What a great hotel! The rooms are small but let's be honest, it is located in the heart of the city. I've stayed at the hotel felix, inn of chicago, and best western river north and all 3 have tiny rooms! Hotel Felix has a leg up on the other 2 because of the great beds! Just booked another trip to Chicago and will be staying at hotel felix. Got 4 nights for $60 a night!

• Stayed: October 2010
Reviewed 15 December 2010

We just got back from a 3 night stay at this hotel and I thought it was great! The decor is very modern, the rooms were clean with comfy beds and large walk-in showers and the staff was friendly. They had free internet in-room and we used the business center to print boarding passes before we left. The location was just a few blocks from Michigan Avenue, with great bus routes closeby, plus there are some good restaurants right around the block. No, the rooms aren't huge but our Queen room had plenty of space for us.