“Hole in the wall, but delicious "Ultimate Burger"”

Ronny's Original Chicago Steakhouse
Ranked #683 of 9,668 Restaurants in Chicago
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast
Neighbourhood: Downtown / The Loop
Houston, Texas
“Hole in the wall, but delicious "Ultimate Burger"”
Reviewed 10 July 2013

Kind of gruff service who weren't patient if you didn't know the menu or the ordering process. Steak was poor quality - leathery and tough. Excellent hamburger - huge and a tasty mix of toppings - mushrooms, cheeses, bacon, and so much lettuce that you'll have to take some off if you want to take a bite. Had kernel corn as an add-on side dish, and it had a small peppery kick to it. Excellent. As long as you don't mind a low-end atmosphere and if you're in the neighborhood, the burgers are worth a try.

• Visited July 2013

• Chinese (Traditional) first
Leuven
“Decent food at reasonable price”
Reviewed 8 July 2013

We came here by coincidence looking for a quick bite, but no fast food. Very friendly people, amazing deep pan pizza, excellent price quality ratio.

Visited July 2013
Indianapolis, Indiana, United States
“Was not impressed”
Reviewed 8 May 2013

My mother and I had a long walk and badly needed to sit down to eat something at 3ish in the afternoon. We were not looking at fast food, and we run into Ronny's Original Chicago Steakhouse. It was a good size restaurant with nice decoration, and there were quite a few tables occupied at 3p.m., so I thought it must be good. I admit that I was also attracted to the "original" in its name. You order your food in a mall food court style. The employees were very warm. And you get a lot of food. However, the steak had flavors but tasted more like a pork chop, and the dip dish pizza was very much of food court quality. I feel like locals were going there, but I simply was not impressed.

Visited May 2013
1 Thank Lin L
Winnipeg, Canada
“Decent food at a good price”
Reviewed 6 May 2013

They will not likely ever be rated as haute cuisine, but I doubt they stay up nights worrying about it.

This restaurant is designed to take your order, get you generous proportions of reasonable food, at a good price, and get you out the door to make room for the next customer. They do this very well and are very pleasant whiled doing it.

I always try to make at least one stop for a meal here, whenever I am in Chicago.

I have learned to stop eating when I'm full, not when my plate is empty. I find it much easier to sleep later that night when I haven't forced myself to finish their giant portions.

• Visited May 2013
“Lots of great food for little money”
Reviewed 8 April 2013 via mobile

Went here for breakfast an was impressed. It is casual line style cafeteria with booths to sit at. I ordered breakfast that was 8.99. It came with homemade seasoned hash browns, eggs, large steak, and four thick slices of French toast. It was delicious and great value! Highly recommend

• Visited April 2013