“not worth it”

The Counter
Neighbourhood: Lakeview
Neighbourhood: Lakeview
Reviewed 17 November 2012

I saw the place and felt like a quick plain straight forward hamburger, not so easy. Build your own burger choose all the options you want by filling in a what looks like a multiple choice questionnaire. My thought is that this is just some way to try and charge more for a BURGER. Was it any good yes but not better than any other after all it is just a burger. the more a burger cost does not mean it taste better. There are lots of other burger places what i would rather go to and with more value for money.

Reviewed 12 November 2012

Sorry, not really into chain restaurants for burgers and this is just another attempt at upscale burgers by a chain. The build a burger idea is currently on the menu of several reastaurants, such a Denny's. Ok burger, same toppings as everywhere else, dry bun, burnt out staff and nobody smiles. You can get a MUCH BETTER burger at any of the Chicagoland Billy Goat locations, smiles are free and they come with a good attitude, and cost much less!

Reviewed 11 November 2012 via mobile

Unique burgers... Many different flavors of sauce, fresh veggies, and delicious meat... Beer selection was average and could be expanded... Price is a little high however I'm gathering that all of Chicago is... Some hot waitresses and an excellent bartender... Onion straws or fries are extra and massive and can easily be shared... Overall I recommend it :)

Reviewed 21 September 2012

The Counter was very close to the hotel and since I did not have lunch during my flight, I was hungry but didn't want to go far or fight the crowds on a Saturday night.

The abilty to build your own burger is nice. Meat was cooked properly. Overall very yummy and the staff was great.

Reviewed 16 May 2012 via mobile

Been here once before and enjoyed the experience. However, was there yesterday for dinner and service was inconsiderate, and appeared to be understaffed. We walked in and the host was seating people in what appeared to be the order they arrived. A separate host then took over and told us there was a 10-15 minute wait, even though there were empty tables. We put our name on the list, and then a 3rd different person took over host responsibilities and sat people that were behind us or not on this list before us. I had to speak up to let the third host know we had been waiting, which he promptly sat us. We then sat at our table for 10-15 minites without even a hello from the wait staff. We subsequently got up and left without dining there.