“Excellant hotel in an excellant location”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Central Loop Hotel

Central Loop Hotel
Ranked #80 of 187 Hotels in Chicago
“Excellant hotel in an excellant location”
Reviewed 24 April 2014

Very clean hotel, super friendly staff, .. we were upgraded to a larger room since this was our first stay ( that was automatic ) which was a nice surprise. The room was a nice size, along with the bathroom. We were on the 6th floor and didn't have any issue with the internet. I would stay here again and recommend it. You do hear the El faintly... coffee in the room, Elephant and Castle restaurant is attached to hotel, but there is a Caribou Coffee maybe 2 blocks east on Adams... Very close to Union Station too...

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank foursquares

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (91)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Czech first
  • Polish first
Stavanger, Norway
Reviewed 18 April 2014 via mobile

This hotel was very good. Very central location and friendly staff. We bought tickets for the Willis tower here for $15, saved 3 dollars and a lot queue at the tower. The hotel recommended an Italian restaurant Puzzas or pazzas. Very OK. We will recommend the hotel to others.

Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
3 Thank Hans S
Jerome, MI
Reviewed 13 April 2014 via mobile

Spent the last two nights in this hotel. Found it to be very welcoming, staff friendly as well as.helpful . Rooms are small but very clean & extremely quiet for a large hotel in the middle of Chicago. Safe area a small hike to Magnificent mile . Restaurants, pubs, popcorn and Starbucks all just around the corner. Only downfall , parking is nothing short of robbery

Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank lpski
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed 24 March 2014

We loved the location of the hotel. When we checked in there is a $50 charge per night to cover anything that get broke, stolen or eating at the restaurant. The fee is suppose to be returned. I will find out when we leave in the morning. That was my biggest problem.
Cons: Internet isn't the greatest on the 6th floor. No refrigerator, the walls are pretty thin. We can hear everything. Parking is about blocks away and the cost is $45 per day for valet and $22 per day for one time (meaning you can only go in and park there. No taking your car out)
Pros: friendly staff, great location, food at the restaurant is really good and reasonable. Taxis are right outside the door if needed.

• Stayed March 2014
5 Thank kaychris0215
Reviewed 24 March 2014

I never thought I would enjoy a Hotel in Chicago as much as I did. Coming from Northwest Iowa it was a culture shock but three of the concierges were beyond helpful! (Justin, Carlos, and Nicholas) We asked for suggestions and when we came back that night they asked how it went and our opinion! Someone was always available and greeted Us with a smile or a wave if they were busy! This was beyond my expectations!!! Wonderful, Just Wonderful!

• Stayed March 2014
1 Thank AshleyNelson1069
Carbondale, Illinois
Reviewed 16 March 2014

I appreciate a lot for the help of the Front Desk, in particular, Cindy. She has been very helpful throughout my two nights stay in the hotel. There was something wrong with my payment to the hotel, she helped me to figure that out and to solve the problem patiently. Also, when I was in a hurry to leave but I have some postcards to post (without stamps), she suggested that she could post them for me, this is indeed very nice and helpful. I was so worried that I couldn't send those postcards to greet my close friends!!! I hereby would like to thank her for the warm hearted hospitality, making my 6-days-Chicago trip more unforgettable!

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends
3 Thank wengchil
Madison, WI, USA
Reviewed 4 March 2014

I stayed here because my 'usual' place was full. I was delighted with the friendly service, ease of check-in and out, overall location, room and amenities. The room was larger than I expected after reading the reviews and very clean. My room was at the end of the building, so I had 2 outside walls with windows and it was a little chilly. I turned the heat up as far as I could (72F) and was chilly off-and-on thru the night (it was very cold, snowy and windy out). I should have grabbed the extra blanket in the closet, but I didn't. There was no TV guide in the room, so I was flipping thru a lot of channels to find things. There are tons of outlets and power sources in the room. Also, a microwave, refrigerator, bar sink and dishes. I opted for the valet parking due to the weather, but they also have less-expensive self-parking off the premises. There is a pub/restaurant off the lobby. It was quiet. They also have free purified water bottles available by the elevators.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled solo