“Great vegetarian ”
Review of True Food Kitchen

True Food Kitchen
Reserve with OpenTable
True Food Kitchen is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #336 of 10,141 Restaurants in Chicago
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

We went on a busy Sunday lunch, it was very buzzy and noisy. Food was good, my salad was delicious, service was good. We got place immediately but had to sit on the bars stools. All fiends were vegetarian and it was a great option.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

First let me warn you... this place is loud. It may have been the day we visited, but it was nigh impossible to have a conversation with the person seated next to you. The service was challenged by the size of our group, so take that into mind as well. But for a fun, people watching, dining experience with a few friends with delicious eats and cocktails - stop on in.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

We came across this restaurant as we tried to find shelter from the rain. The décor is modern and the food is focused on fresh and healthy. My wife had one of their signature salads and I tried the flat bread pizza - both were appreciated. The place was very busy but we were seated immediately. Servers were very friendly and attentive. Great for anytime you want a healthy meal.

Reviewed 5 weeks ago via mobile

The place is certainly very popular as it was packed. I was drooling over the thought of trying some of their carefully designed dishes. To my disappointment everything looked great but was simply tasteless. I kicked off with edamame dumplings followed by Moroccan chicken. Well, I could possibly forgive them no flavour in dumplings but Moroccan chicken should have it all. Anyone who’s ever tried genuine Moroccan cuisine knows exactly what I’m talking about. This chicken had nothing to do with plethora of Moroccan spices and flavours. Shame on you True Food Kitchen. That flavour was not true. It was flat as Chicago. I’m sorry but I won’t go there again.

Reviewed 5 weeks ago

PHONE STOLEN WHILE EATING THERE

Was dinning with my mother in law, two men came into the restaurant and began harassing us. As we looked for a manager or waiter to help us the men STOLE OUR PHONE! Manager did nothing to help and told us that it HAPPENS ALL THE TIME. The restaurant took no steps to help us and let the situation happen because they did not want to interfere and cause a scene in the restaurant.

The food is good, but I refuse to eat somewhere that is not safe and managed by people who do not care about their customers well being.