“Location location Location”

Ranked #120 of 187 Hotels in Chicago
Bengaluru, India
“Location location Location”
Reviewed 26 July 2011

We were in Chicago witha group of friends and we were so glad to have chosed Ohio House! We were students then so it worked great for our budget. It is a typical budget motel with an awesome location. Everything is walking distance from the motel and you have great places to eat around the motel.

Giordano's Pizza, down town shopping, everything is walking distance. Although it's not one of the best places to "stay" in, I loved this motel for it's location!

We were not in the hotel too much..just in to get a nap and take a shower so I cannot comment on the food, service or much else. But like I said, it's all about the location and the price!

If you're a student or are just backpacking or something, its a great pick!

• Stayed August 2010, travelled with friends
Larry J, General Manager at Ohio House Motel, responded to this review, 2 December 2016
Thank you so much for your review of The Ohio House Motel. It sounds like you really enjoyed our neighborhood and took advantage of all that it had to offer! You really can walk to everything from here. I hope that you enjoyed your time here in Chicago, and that we can welcome you back sometime soon.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (83)
Cincinnati
Reviewed 23 July 2011

Literally in the heart of downtown. Minutes from all modes of transportation. A staff that bent over backward to help me out when I needed assistance. A coffee shop/greasy spoon that my husband loved. Plenty of free parking for guests (we never got in the car again since transportation was so easy to come by using the CTI card). Bargain price in what can otherwise be an otherwise pricey city. The CFD makes constant runs, and we were in a major heat wave in Chicago; otherwise, great.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled as a couple
Dear Guest. Thank you for your positive comments. I am so glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us! I hope your next stay is just around the corner. Call us if there is anything we can help you with.
Reviewed 19 July 2011

Just stayed here last night and rooms are newly renovated and was very clean...we walked everywhere from here! Great price for being in the heart of downtown! & free parking! I would definitely stay here again!

• Stayed July 2011
Larry J, General Manager at Ohio House Motel, responded to this review, 26 November 2016
Lubbock, Texas
Reviewed 12 July 2011

I thought the motel was going to be more on the side of vintage charm, but it's actually more like vintage trash. The room and adjoining bathroom was small, bare, and full of worn out fixtures. The walls are very thin and we could hear the late-night comings and goings (and shouting) of our neighbors and the road noise from the traffic outside.

Not all is lost here-nice front desk staff, cheap food at the diner, decently clean rooms and the Red line isn't too far a walk away. The experience wasn't terrible, but we wouldn't stay here, again.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with friends
lmanager, General Manager at Ohio House Motel, responded to this review, 14 July 2011
Thank you for your recent stay at The Ohio House. We appreciate when our guests take the time to inform us of their stay. We apologize that we did not meet your standards during your stay. Since being under new management, we are currently renovating our rooms with new carpeting and new bedding creating a much better value for your next stay while still maintaining our "Retro Charm".
Indianapolis, Indiana
Reviewed 29 June 2011

We enjoyed our stay here.Our room was clean and fairly modern.The bathroom was SPOTLESS. The bed was ok,one burn in the blanket from a past smoker althought it was a non smoking room.Older style tv but plenty of channels.We were not in the room much anyway.There is a cute little diner in front of the motel.We did not eat there but my husband got a good cup of coffee to go.We liked the area, plenty of dining options.And the free parking was nice.We will definitely stay here again when we come back to Chicago.

• Stayed June 2011, travelled as a couple
Thank you for your excellent review of The Ohio House Motel! I'm so happy to hear that you enjoyed your time with us. We truly appreciate your feedback and I can assure you that it will be passed along to the appropriate departments. Please come back and see us again sometime!
Franklin, Massachusetts
Reviewed 28 June 2011

This is a great place to stay if you love a nice retro throwback motel. It isn't for everyone but I found it was the perfect fit for me. Pros: The staff is great, very friendly and helpful and I felt very welcomed to the area. The room was perfect for my needs and the bathroom was very clean. The area has all you need as far as food and entertainment. Cons: The wifi really let me down. I was completely unable to upload my trips pictures and video or do video broadcasting from the room. The room had a few burn marks from previous careless smokers and slobs.
Conclusion: Even the cons are pretty much worth it for the retro experience. It was a great trip thank you Larry.

• Stayed June 2011, travelled solo
Hello! Thank you so much for taking the time to share a bit about your experience here at The Ohio House Motel. I am so happy to hear that you enjoyed your time in Chicago, and that your guest room was a comfortable place for you to relax and refresh. I hope that we will be able to welcome you back sometime soon!
Indianapolis, Indiana
Reviewed 27 June 2011

We stayed At Ohio House last night and loved it. Our room looked to be recently renovated,nice furnutiure, wallpaper, etc.The room was very clean, bathroom SPOTLESS.We liked how we could park right outside in front of the stairwell that our room was located.Excellent location, with plenty of dining options and a 24 hour Walgreens near by.There is a cute little diner that's part of the hotel with good coffee. The mattress was a little uncomfortable, seemed to sag in the middle but it was tolerable.All in all we enjoyed our stay here and will most definitely stay here when we come back to Chicago!

• Stayed June 2011, travelled as a couple
Larry J, General Manager at Ohio House Motel, responded to this review, 28 November 2016