Hilton Chicago O'Hare Airport
Sofitel Chicago Magnificent Mile(Chicago)(Great Value!)
US$320
US$274
Sofitel
US$226
US$190
  • Room Service
La Quinta Inn & Suites Chicago Downtown(Chicago)(Great Value!)
US$256
Hilton Chicago(Chicago)(Great Value!)
US$327
US$271
  • Restaurant
Kimpton Hotel Allegro(Chicago)(Great Value!)
US$255
US$218
  • Bar/Lounge
3,572 results
All reviewsan early flightrunway viewbaggage claimunderground tunnelgaslight clubo'hare airporto harenext morningan overnight stayrental carfitness centerbusiness meetingthe lower levelblue linenight's sleephilton chicagocan't beat the location
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 8 June 2014

We were staying at the airport because all of the downtown hotels were filed with doctors at a medical convention. The rooms were well appointed. the hotel being connected directly to the subway system was an advantage. The food at the sports bar was good. the breakfast buffet was only average.

The service however was very bad. We had no hot water,and it took us three days,and four calls, to get someone to come and fix it. And this was not an aberration. Our friends staying in the next room had trouble with their television. Again it took four tries and three days to get it fixed. they were told that there had been a problem with the television the week before, and a note had been left, clearly nothing was done.

I waited 15 minutes at the bell/information desk, trying to get information about the subway. In the end, I picked up the brochures they had, which were not onthe counter but behind it,so you had to go around the counter to get them, to see if I could get the information I needed on my own.

Facilities were good, service was not.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
HiltonOhareAirport, Executive Assistant to the General Manager at Hilton Chicago O'Hare Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 10 June 2014

Dear YKexplorers:

We sincerely apologize for your poor experience here at our hotel and for falling short of your expectations from a service standpoint. We are sharing your feedback with our appropriate management so that corrective action is taken. I will write to you directly to obtain more information that would help us to better address the issues you experienced in your particular room.

We are not happy when our guests are not happy. We assure you that we strive to maintain high standards in our product and service and we will continue to make every effort to ensure this is improved.

We hope that you will allow us another opportunity to welcome you back and serve you better in the future.

Reviewed 7 June 2014

I have stayed here a few times when coming in late to ORD or leaving early and had no issues paying the higher than average rate. As a Diamond hhonors I always get a room on 10th floor - this time the same except upon entering my room is reeked of cigarettes, this wasn't a faint smell. it was like a long term chain smoker just exited. There was no way this could have been missed by housekeeping. I called the front desk immediately and was told they would bring a key up for another room. 10 minutes later another key and another room on same floor. It seemed a bit more outdated than other rooms I have stayed in at same location - but at least it don't smell.
I expected more.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business

Dear Hortkie:

We are very sorry to learn that you had to be room changed on your recent visit due to the strong smoke smell in the first room assigned to you. Our hotel is 100% non-smoking but there are occasions when a guest may try and still smoke inside their room which can be beyond our control unless other guests or team members notice this is happening and report it. However, our Housekeeping team should have noticed when cleaning the room and should have had it special treated. I will contact you directly to obtain more information so that we can better address this with our appropriate staff that serviced the room.

We value your loyalty as a Hilton Diamond member and we are sorry for letting you down this time. We hope that we can make it up to you on a future visit.

Reviewed 7 June 2014

This hotel is not just near the airport, it is in the airport between T2 & T3. I walked to/from my plane. So for travelers wanting a night or two its very convenient. Its about 40 mins by train to Downtown and took us about 30 mins by taxi at best, but on one occasion over an hour.

With Downtown hotels being fully booked as there was a huge convention in town, we decided to stay here and commute to meetings. Its just close enough to do this for a day or two.

Rooms are standard Hilton slightly older style (see pic), all seemed clean and working*

I was allocated a runway view (see pic) and as I love planes this was great. The noise from the planes was not a problem, although this was maybe because the air-con is very noisy.

We used the restaurants, you would not travel to use them, usual hotel offering - but I have had a lot worse. Breakfast service has improved since a year ago when I last stayed.

Staff were all very friendly and helpful. I was offered a late checkout, which was most welcome - Thank you.

WiFi is an extra, which is a bugbear of mine..

*The air-con was the only real issue - mine was struggling to keep the temperature down and seemed to vary despite me leaving it set to 68f. It was 90f outdoors during my stay. On the last night I got back to my room late and found the carpet was wet, I suspect this was the air-con.

I reported the wet carpet at nearly midnight and I should mention the person taking the call handled the problem well. Giving me a choice of an engineer, new room, or just going to sleep and sorting it in the morning. I was tired so left it for them to sort after I checked out.

So if you need to spend a night between flights, or just flying in for a meeting - This is the place to stay...

If you are staying longer and want to explore Downtown, then why are you considering an airport hotel?

Room Tip: I love watching aircraft so a runway view was great for me...
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank MartynSurrey
HiltonOhareAirport, Executive Assistant to the General Manager at Hilton Chicago O'Hare Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 12 June 2014

Dear MartynSurrey:

Thank you very much for your candid and detailed feedback about our hotel which you provided on Trip Advisor. We value your opinion and do share these with our management team. We apologize for falling short of your expectations in some areas and assure you that we will work on making improvements.

We do appreciate your choosing to stay with us and for recommending us to others. We look forward to welcoming you back again in the future.

Reviewed 7 June 2014 via mobile

This is not the first time that I've stayed at this hotel. But what really impressed me about this stay is that Lupe at Cafe Mercatto remembered me and my son after having seen us for a year at this property. There's something special about a hotel where the employees remember you from a while ago - and also remember where you were going on your last vacation 1 year ago! Gracias, Lupe!

Stayed: June 2014
Reviewed 5 June 2014

For many of us who have "had" to stay at an airport hotel, they are typically just that...an airport hotel. You usually have to settle in order for the convenience of being at the airport for an early morning flight. The hotel is right on the airport, so no shuttles, you can walk there conveniently. Staff us very friendly and attentive. The rooms are comfortable , quiet and clean. You really don't hear the planes at all. Restaurants have good quality food. Downside is the expense. It is pricey during the week, but for me the convenience was more important for me. One of the better hotels in the area.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
HiltonOhareAirport, Executive Assistant to the General Manager at Hilton Chicago O'Hare Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 6 June 2014

Dear Lennismom:

Thank you very much for your comments about us on Trip Advisor. We are happy that we exceeded your expectations of an airport hotel as we make every effort to offer more to our guests' experience than just convenience to the airport.

We appreciate your choosing to stay with us and we hope to welcome you back again in the future.