“Quick stay overnight”

Hilton Chicago O'Hare Airport
Ranked #125 of 192 Hotels in Chicago
Reviewed 15 June 2014

Hotel is well located. Rooms were old and overpriced. Hotel needs a renovation. Arrived late at night and hotel was overbooked. I was to be a room with a king bed and a runway view. I was put in a room with two double beds and a view parking garage Has a great location

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts
HiltonOhareAirport, Executive Assistant to the General Manager at Hilton Chicago O'Hare Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 16 June 2014

Dear Jeff C:

Thank you for your comments about our hotel on Trip Advisor. We appreciate your feedback which we take constructively. We do apologize that your request was not met for a king room facing the airport as we do make every effort to honor special requests while working within our occupancy demands.

We hope that you will visit us again in the future.

Executive Office

Write a ReviewReviews (3,434)

Reviewed 13 June 2014

With all my years of traveling, I have never had to stay in a city b/c I couldn't get a flight out. There is a first time for everything and the Hilton hotel was a great night's stay. The accommodation's were great for me.

Dear Anthony S:

Thank you for your nice comments and high ratings shared on Trip Advisor. Although disrupted flights can be frustrating, we are glad to have had the opportunity to welcome you to our hotel for the first time and offer you a comfortable stay.

It was our pleasure to serve you and we hope you will visit us again in the future.

Reviewed 12 June 2014

I arrived into Ohare after travelling for 24hours so was VERY glad of the location. Unfortunately the after hours room service menu in my room was out of date and the food was going to take 45 minutes to arrive so I just went to bed. The room and bathroom was comfortable and breakfast the next morning was good and reasonably priced. After I checked out I literally walked across the road to catch my bus. All in all a good stay.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business

Dear Daryll G:

Thank you for the comments you shared about our hotel on Trip Advisor. We are happy to have had the opportunity to welcome you to our hotel after many hours of traveling. We are sorry, however, for the issue you noted about the late night room service menu. The In-Room Dining menus were all recently updated. I will write to you directly to obtain more information so that we can have that specific guestroom checked to ensure the In-Room dining menu is current. We apologize for any inconvenience caused to you.

We hope that you will visit us again should your travels take you back through Chicago.

Reviewed 12 June 2014

There was a problem with air condition system. The room was extremely cold when I get there (even after I came later from the Bar) and the heater did not start. I did not reported cus was late and I did not want persons in my room or make the change. I had to sleep with my jeans and shirt. Bar only one waitress.

Dear Luis S:

Thank you for the feedback you provided about our hotel on Trip Advisor. We are very sorry for your guestroom temperature being too cold. The hotel is on a two pipe system and depending on the outside temperatures, it can either be set on cooling or heating but not both at the same time. The decision is based on keeping the majority of our guests comfortable. If the room temperature is extremely cold or extremely hot, we can have an engineer check that particular unit to make sure it is functioning properly. We can also send up a portable fan or heater to make you more comfortable. We are sorry that we were unable to assist you while you were here and apologize for any discomfort and inconvenience that was caused to you.

We certainly will strive to ensure you a more comfortable stay if your travels take you back through Chicago in the future.

Reviewed 11 June 2014

Had to stay here o'night as we missed our connection
OVER $340 a night!!!

A tired, overpriced, unfriendly place - avoid it like the plague. Our room was small and drab with the shower fitting faulty. The bar food was long awaited costly and barely warm
The staff were unfriendly and unwelcoming

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
HiltonOhareAirport, Executive Assistant to the General Manager at Hilton Chicago O'Hare Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 12 June 2014

Dear Tonymccann:

We are very sorry to read about your disappointment with your stay here on Trip Advisor. Our rates do fluctuate according to supply and demand, however, we sincerely apologize for your accommodations and food service not being up to par. This is not typical of the standards we strive to maintain and we assure you that your comments are being shared with our management team.

We value your opinion and again, feel badly for your frustration. We hope that you will allow us another chance to serve you better in the future should your travels take you back through O'Hare.

Reviewed 9 June 2014

I generally have low expectations of at-airport hotels. They are usually well worn, with expensive meals and medium service levels. The advantage, of course, is location and convenience. This hotel you can walk to from the terminals at ORD so it is convenient if you are stranded or overnighting for a early morning flight (as was my case) Check in was slow, probably because of a gaggle of stranded passengers with airline vouchers all in the HHonors line. The room was dark, with absolutely no desk/workspace light(ing) OR AC outlets. I still couldn't read at the desk with ALL the lights in the room on. Furnishings were standard and a but worn. The bathroom was clean but needed grout work in the shower. You can only cover up mold with calking a few times before you have to start over. No room service menu was in the room so when I called, she suggested she just read it to me..... I ended up with the $50 hamburger and a slice of carrot cake. The meal was actually tasty, as it should be for $50. Took about 40 minutes at 10PM. Check out was usual with the bill left under the door. Even with my low expectations of at-airport hotels, I was disappointed with the Hilton O'Hare. It's proximity to the terminal is its only advantage. Remember, it's only 1 more minute of walking and you are at the hotel shuttle bus pickup area so consider that when making a reservation at or near the airport. The next evening ( well, almost 2 days later) I stayed at the Hilton Dubai. There's a hotel that knows how to decorate a room, provide a high level of service and never disappoint. Hilton Diamond Member

1  Thank Kenneth J
HiltonOhareAirport, Executive Assistant to the General Manager at Hilton Chicago O'Hare Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 11 June 2014

Dear Kenneth J:

Thank you for all the feedback you shared about our hotel on Trip Advisor. We sincerely apologize for not meeting or exceeding your expectations and for the poor impression you received overall. Be assured that your opinion is very important to us in our continual efforts to maintain high standards in our product and service and to make improvements where necessary. I will write to you directly to obtain more information to help us address the issues you mentioned in your room.

We value your long time loyalty as a Hilton Diamond member and we are sorry that we let you down. We hope that you will allow us another opportunity to welcome you back and give you the experience you have come to expect from Hilton.

Reviewed 9 June 2014

It's an above average hotel for an airport location. You can walk through a tunnel from the terminals, which is a very nice feature, especially in the winter in Chicago. Rooms were fine and mine had pretty new furniture, including a comfortable bed. Disadvantage is the restaurants are of the expense account variety with no other options.

1  Thank Brent M
Also consider these accommodations in or near Chicago
Chicago Marriott O'Hare
Chicago Marriott O'Hare
#115 of 192 in Chicago
Renaissance Chicago O'Hare Suites Hotel
Holiday Inn Chicago O'Hare
Holiday Inn Chicago O'Hare
#141 of 192 in Chicago

Been to Hilton Chicago O'Hare Airport? Share your experiences!