theWit - A DoubleTree by Hilton
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
Sofitel Chicago Magnificent Mile(Chicago)(Great Value!)
US$320
US$500
US$227
US$187
  • Restaurant
La Quinta Inn & Suites Chicago Downtown(Chicago)(Great Value!)
US$256
Hilton Chicago(Chicago)(Great Value!)
US$327
US$271
  • Restaurant
Kimpton Hotel Allegro(Chicago)(Great Value!)
US$255
US$218
  • Bar/Lounge
2,736 results
All reviewsstate and lakerooftop barwit hotelbirds chirpingnature soundschicago theaterwarm cookiesspa roomthe riverthe loopcorner roomhotel guestsfloor to ceiling windowsmillennium parkthe beanupon checkblue line
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 14 August 2013

Upon arriving at this hotel we were very impressed. The interior is very well maintained and 1 out of 3 of the staff we encountered was very polite and hospitable. When I asked the front desk about getting a roll away cot placed in the room he first said that he would have housekeeping bring one up right away and later said that he couldn't due to it being a fire hazard. Later, we enter our room and notice that instead of their being two blue throw blankets at the base of each bed there was only one on one of the beds. We called down to report it and the gentleman that answered the phone had no idea what I was talking about. The next morning when we left to explore the city we passed by rooms that were being cleaned by the housekeeping staff. I was surprised to see the two housekeepers relaxing on the bed talking on their cell phones!
When we came back we noticed that the minibar was practically empty and there was no trash can in the room. Not having a trash can in the room was surprisingly inconvenient. I suppose I was just expecting much more from the hotel because it is in the Hilton family.

Room Tip: Do not participate in the employee rate program at this location. They will place you in the worst room they have... And I'm sure you're thinking, "it's a Hilton, how bad could it be?" Just trust me.
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
7  Thank holidayinnexpress00
Reviewed 13 August 2013

Our 2nd stay at theWit was even better than the 1st! From check-in to check-out was everything we expected and more. Chocolate chip cookies at check-in, EXCELLENT bell service from very friendly and helpful staff, large King suite with PLENTY of drawer and closet space, awesome views of the Chicago River and State Street, maid service was perfect (room made up every day and before returning to room in afternoon for a "break"), kitchen area is perfect size and convenient for late night snacking, and bed is so comfortable it was difficult to get up some mornings. We chose theWit for its proximity to Grant Park (Lollapalooza), State Street shopping, Mag Mile for more shopping, easy walk to Museum campus. CTA train stop in front of theWit made for an easy commute to MDW airport. Only (minor) complaint is that closet light bulb was never replaced after informing front desk. Will DEFINITELY book theWit in the future!! Pricey but worth every dollar!!

Room Tip: Get a high floor but not too close the Roof nightclub, you can hear the music. Suites are very spacious.
1  Thank b0cam0m
GeneralManager201, General Manager at theWit - A DoubleTree by Hilton, responded to this reviewResponded 22 August 2013

Welcome back and thank you for your positive feedback regarding your second stay at theWit.
We're thrilled you enjoyed your time with us. Sounds like your Lollapalooza weekend was busy and full of fun Chicago activities.
We can't wait to see you in the future at theWit.
Cheers!

Ryan Kingston
theWit Hotel

Reviewed 13 August 2013

The Wit was a dream come true! The amenities were bar none, the hotel room was immaculate and gorgeous...very spacious, clean, accommodating, the color scheme was bright and sophisticated, and so comfortable. The artwork was clever and entertaining. Great location within walking distance of Michigan Avenue and conveniently close to several forms of public transportation. The staff were all very friendly and accommodating. And what can beat a hot, fresh cookie whenever you want one?! This hotel would be great for business, couples, family, friends, or just hanging out solo! We had a great vacation staying at The Wit!

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton
1  Thank Casey H

What a review! Thank you so much for your feedback and we are thrilled you had such a great time at theWit! Come back soon!

Ryan Kingston
theWit Hotel

Reviewed 13 August 2013

It was just my daughter and I in town for a concert and shopping. You are right on state street so great for shopping and about 1.5 miles away from magnificent mile shopping.
I'm not quite sure how I feel about this hotel. It is very upscale and modern. It has a very popular rooftop lounge/nightclub with dancing at night. Many Young people are lined up in the lobby to get a pass for this popular night club. There is also a restaurant where we ate two late nights and once for breakfast. They had some healthy salads/soups and some interesting enticing menu items. The 18$ glass of wine, supposedly the only one according to server was very very good. The other items we has we really enjoyed except for the french toast that my daughter had was so undercooked, we could easily see a lot of batter in her toast. We told them and they only gave us $4 off but yet we couldn't eat it. I was disappointed in this service part. Otherwise the servers were really nice, yet again, my daughter and I are pretty sure we heard one of the servers say, don't forget to tip me. I kept thinking I heard wrong but my 17 yr old said that's what she heard too.
They gave us a new room the next day because we were on a low floor looking into an ugly office building, I figured for 350$ there has got to be something better. Again the staff was super friendly and gave us a new room. The rooms were very modern and appeared well clean. We had one incident where we found 3-4 black hairs on our bed and that was enough to turn us off. The personnel came right up and gave us new bedding and apologized. Stuff happens, that's just how it is but again since it was 1am when we had to do all this, maybe a fee should have been waived somewhat ? I think me being 48 would probably stay at another hotel next time but if your looking for many young people to hang with, then this is it! The workers are friendly and kind.

Room Tip: Definitely ask for a higher up room with a view! We got moved to a partial river view which was nice.
1  Thank Anne J
Reviewed 10 August 2013

Stayed a couple nights in an upgraded room. Nice lounge area, complete kitchen (why?) and great bathroom. Room was immaculate. Location is great. Close to the river and most things Chicago offers. Rooftop was pleasant if you went early. Everything was as advertised.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple