“Love this hotel”

GreenLeadersBronze level
Washington, DC, United States
“Love this hotel”
Reviewed 25 November 2013

Fantastic hotel. I try to stay here every time I visit Chicago. Simplistic yet no shortage on hotel staff and or service. I'm usually in my room in less than 5 minutes after arrival. Awesome downtown location.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled on business

Thank William A. M
GeneralManager201, Guest Relations Manager at theWit - A DoubleTree by Hilton, responded to this review, 6 December 2013
Thank you for your business, William. We are grateful to have such loyal and appreciative guests such as you. Please let us know if there is anything else we can do to exceed your expectations during your next visit to theWit Hotel Chicago. Best, Guest Relations.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (429)
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed 24 November 2013

I planned a surprise weekend for my husband's birthday. The Wit made my list, and I am glad it did. Let me say that truly 4.5 out 5, but I can't do 4.5. The check in process was no fuss (thanks Sam and Alex) we arrived early and so instead of waiting in the lobby, we were able to check into another room, and wait to be moved to our suite. The décor was contemporary chic, enough so that I am stealing a couple ideas for a DIY home decorations. We booked a suite, and it had a kitchenette, Flat screens in each room, a dining table, a soak tub...amazing. The location would be great for any non native Chicagoan, as well as a native Chicagoan. The staff was amazing: I want to give a special thanks to Alex, Sam, Luis, Janelle, and Joel for their assistance with making our experience truly amazing. This place has everything to the point that you really don't need to leave the hotel ever. The State and Lake Restaurant: chicken and waffles are truly great. (Luis and Janelle thanks for that). I ordered a birthday cake for my husband and they delivered it (thanks Janelle). By the way, the decorations for the cake were great! Roof is the nightclub, and the drink New Money was perfect for me. I can't remember our waitress but she was great. The head bell hop was great, I cant remember his name. The parking valet guys are amazing (in and out service is a plus). We did not try the Pool or Spa, so I can't comment on that.

The reason that is a 4.5 and not a 5 is that, after we checked into our room, the staff came in and checked the mini bar which was a bit awkward. Also the cleaning staff entered our room prior to check out to clean the room so that was a bit of a disturbance. Both those are small things that can add up.

However, this a great place and I would recommend it! Thanks so much for making our experience truly great and AMAZING, trust me we did not want to leave. Worth every penny.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
GeneralManager201, Guest Relations Manager at theWit - A DoubleTree by Hilton, responded to this review, 27 November 2013
Dear LNJordan,
Thank you for your review of theWit Hotel Chicago. We take both your positive and negative feedback about the property seriously and I can assure you, are sharing both with our teams. We hope your husband had a very Happy Birthday and that we see you both again, soon.
Sincerely, -theWit Guest Relations
chicago, United States
Reviewed 24 November 2013

This hotel is beautiful, and in a great location to visit the Oriental Theater about a block away. The valet parking was a little difficult at check-in, but the staff was very quick and helpful. It was pricey, but worth the location.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with family

Hi Jennifer,
Thank you for taking the time to review theWit Hotel Chicago. We are glad you enjoyed your stay with us. We hear the complaint about the price of parking often and it is something we really can't get around. There are a couple of parking garages closeby which we can recommend that will save you a few dollars on your next trip, but Chicago parking rates are steep. We Chicagoans complain about it, too! Thank you again. -Guest Relations at theWit
Louisville, Kentucky, United States
Reviewed 20 November 2013

This was, by far, the best place I have ever stayed. The rooms are converted apartments and you like you are at home. There are full kitchens that are supplied with everything you need and
separate couches so that you do not have to hurt your back watching tv.
If you like dining and shopping this is the place to be. It is only four blocks from Michigan Ave
and, if you want to can to Ditka's, owned by the player as well as The Cheesecake Factory or atop The Hancock Building and the staff is courteous and really want you there. I would stay there again.

Room Tip: I would not drive No room and costs too much to park.
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 19 November 2013

This was a pleasure trip and it truly was a Pleasure! I was given a corner room with a city view and it was spectecular. Right in the heart of Shopping/Theatres. I did request an upgrade to a higher floor, but the hotel was fully booked. I look forward to my next visit to Chicago, because from now on...Only the Wit.

Minneapolis, Minnesota
Reviewed 18 November 2013

We stayed at theWit Chicago for a weekend getaway and loved every minute of it. From check-in to check-out, everything was perfectly executed. Management has found the secret sauce to customer satisfaction. Every employee we met in the hotel, or at the attached restaurant seemed to be in good spirits and quick to offer assistance for anything we needed, which was always preceded by a pleasant greeting and smile. The floor to ceiling windows in our 22nd floor suite provided excellent city views and even a sliver of Millennium Park and Lake Michigan between the buildings. Although we didn't make it up to the ROOF, which according to signage inside the elevators is rated as "one of the top three rooftop lounges in the world", we did dine at the comfortable State and Lake Chicago Tavern for breakfast and late-nite eats. The property is a short walk to Cloud Gate, aka the 'Bean', the Art Institute of Chicago and Grant Park. It's also conveniently located near an "L" stop if you'd prefer to not have to worry about what can be costly, and limited parking. We have found our favorite place to stay in Chicago.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
GeneralManager201, Guest Relations Manager at theWit - A DoubleTree by Hilton, responded to this review, 19 November 2013
Hi Terry,
Thank you for taking the time to write such a kind and thoughtful review of theWit Hotel Chicago. We are appreciative of your efforts and also feel lucky to have guests like you stay with us. Next time, we hope you will make it to ROOF - it does not disappoint! Thank you, again. -theWit Guest Relations
Philadelphia, United States
Reviewed 11 November 2013

When I entered my room, it was clear that the carpet had not been vacuumed. Later, when I went to the fitness center, there were cleaning supplies laying haphazardly around the free weights. One highlight was the restaurant. The food and staff were excellent. My impression is that the hotel has fallen prey to it's own success.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled solo

1 Thank Elvin K
GeneralManager201, Guest Relations Manager at theWit - A DoubleTree by Hilton, responded to this review, 12 November 2013
Hi Elvin,
Thank you for taking the time to review theWit Hotel Chicago. We assure you that we are addressing your concerns with our service teams as this is not typical nor the type of environment we strive for at theWit. We sincerely apologize for not meeting your expectations. Best, theWit Guest Relations