“The Chicago Wit”

GreenLeadersBronze level
New York City, United States
“The Chicago Wit”
Reviewed 26 November 2013

Arrived at The Wit Hotel in Chicago at 2:00 pm and my room was not ready. I checked my luggage and was told I would receive a call informing me when the room was ready. I received no such call. This was an unpleasant inconvenience. The next time I need a room in the Loop I will go to the Allegro.

1 Thank Tom M
GeneralManager201, Guest Relations Manager at theWit - A DoubleTree by Hilton, responded to this review, 6 December 2013
Hi Tom,
We understand that you missed the call from the front desk informing you about your room being ready and not receiving a message. This is absolutely our fault and we provided some complimentary digital services for your inconvience which we thought resolved the matter. We apologize that you remain dissatisfied. Best, Guest Relations

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (423)
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Great Falls, Virginia
Reviewed 26 November 2013

I stayed at The Wit in May 2013 with friends and I would stay there again.
We had a junior suite that connected to a double room and had a lot of space.
The bathroom has a huge soaking tub and we had a narrow view of the river.

The rooms were clean and the staff was very friendly.

The one thing I would mention is if you plan on sleeping, don't get a room on the upper floors as there is a rooftop bar that plays loud music until 2:30am which vibrates down and keeps you awake.

Room Tip: Get a room on the lower floors if you plan on staying on a Friday or Saturday as the rooftop bar pla...
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled with friends
GeneralManager201, Guest Relations Manager at theWit - A DoubleTree by Hilton, responded to this review, 27 November 2013
Hi Totti,
Thank you for taking the time to review theWit. Your feedback is very important to us and we are pleased to report that we are adding high-tech soundproofing to our higher floors so the noise from ROOF will no longer be a problem. Hope to see you soon!
-theWit Guest Relations
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 25 November 2013

My fist time back in Chicago for 30 years yes it's a great location and the staff are super and it's not inexpensive and the elevators can be a little frustrating but the beds are almost as good as the W, which is no faint praise.

Room Tip: Stay well above the L and well below the Roof :-)
Hi Joe,
Glad you enjoyed the Sweet Dreams bedding we have at theWit Hotel Chicago and we hope to see you again very soon! Kind regards, theWit Guest Relations
Washington, DC, United States
Reviewed 25 November 2013

Fantastic hotel. I try to stay here every time I visit Chicago. Simplistic yet no shortage on hotel staff and or service. I'm usually in my room in less than 5 minutes after arrival. Awesome downtown location.

Thank William A. M
Thank you for your business, William. We are grateful to have such loyal and appreciative guests such as you. Please let us know if there is anything else we can do to exceed your expectations during your next visit to theWit Hotel Chicago. Best, Guest Relations.
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed 24 November 2013

I planned a surprise weekend for my husband's birthday. The Wit made my list, and I am glad it did. Let me say that truly 4.5 out 5, but I can't do 4.5. The check in process was no fuss (thanks Sam and Alex) we arrived early and so instead of waiting in the lobby, we were able to check into another room, and wait to be moved to our suite. The décor was contemporary chic, enough so that I am stealing a couple ideas for a DIY home decorations. We booked a suite, and it had a kitchenette, Flat screens in each room, a dining table, a soak tub...amazing. The location would be great for any non native Chicagoan, as well as a native Chicagoan. The staff was amazing: I want to give a special thanks to Alex, Sam, Luis, Janelle, and Joel for their assistance with making our experience truly amazing. This place has everything to the point that you really don't need to leave the hotel ever. The State and Lake Restaurant: chicken and waffles are truly great. (Luis and Janelle thanks for that). I ordered a birthday cake for my husband and they delivered it (thanks Janelle). By the way, the decorations for the cake were great! Roof is the nightclub, and the drink New Money was perfect for me. I can't remember our waitress but she was great. The head bell hop was great, I cant remember his name. The parking valet guys are amazing (in and out service is a plus). We did not try the Pool or Spa, so I can't comment on that.

The reason that is a 4.5 and not a 5 is that, after we checked into our room, the staff came in and checked the mini bar which was a bit awkward. Also the cleaning staff entered our room prior to check out to clean the room so that was a bit of a disturbance. Both those are small things that can add up.

However, this a great place and I would recommend it! Thanks so much for making our experience truly great and AMAZING, trust me we did not want to leave. Worth every penny.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
Dear LNJordan,
Thank you for your review of theWit Hotel Chicago. We take both your positive and negative feedback about the property seriously and I can assure you, are sharing both with our teams. We hope your husband had a very Happy Birthday and that we see you both again, soon.
Sincerely, -theWit Guest Relations
chicago, United States
Reviewed 24 November 2013

This hotel is beautiful, and in a great location to visit the Oriental Theater about a block away. The valet parking was a little difficult at check-in, but the staff was very quick and helpful. It was pricey, but worth the location.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with family

Hi Jennifer,
Thank you for taking the time to review theWit Hotel Chicago. We are glad you enjoyed your stay with us. We hear the complaint about the price of parking often and it is something we really can't get around. There are a couple of parking garages closeby which we can recommend that will save you a few dollars on your next trip, but Chicago parking rates are steep. We Chicagoans complain about it, too! Thank you again. -Guest Relations at theWit
Louisville, Kentucky, United States
Reviewed 20 November 2013

This was, by far, the best place I have ever stayed. The rooms are converted apartments and you like you are at home. There are full kitchens that are supplied with everything you need and
separate couches so that you do not have to hurt your back watching tv.
If you like dining and shopping this is the place to be. It is only four blocks from Michigan Ave
and, if you want to can to Ditka's, owned by the player as well as The Cheesecake Factory or atop The Hancock Building and the staff is courteous and really want you there. I would stay there again.

Room Tip: I would not drive No room and costs too much to park.
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled with family