theWit - A DoubleTree by Hilton
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
  • Pool
  • Room Service
  • Pool
  • Room Service
  • Breakfast included
2,736 results
All reviewsstate and lakerooftop barwit hotelbirds chirpingnature soundschicago theaterwarm cookiesspa roomthe riverthe loopcorner roomhotel guestsfloor to ceiling windowsmillennium parkthe beanupon checkblue line
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 11 August 2014

I wrote a review earlier and apparently didn't get posted, Anyway, stayed there in May and 1 week after getting home my daughter starting getting these large hives on her arms and chest. We went to prompt care and couldn't figure out what they were from. Well a few nights later she was sitting on her bed and behold a bug was sitting on her pillow. We killed it and called in Orkin. Yep, definitely a bed bug. So $1500.00 to exterminate them and threw out a lot of my daughters belonging's. She had stored her bag on the floor the entire 3 days we were there and apparently brought one home with her. The hotel management denied they had bed bugs and sent me a statement from their exterminator stating the room was cleared . Do yourself a favor and don't stay here as they will never admit there are bed bugs in the rooms . Go to bedbugregistry,com and check hotel listing prior to your stay.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
5  Thank Mrsbuttice
GeneralManager201, Guest Relations Manager at theWit - A DoubleTree by Hilton, responded to this reviewResponded 13 August 2014

Dear Mrs. Buttice,

We appreciate you taking the time to speak with us directly offline to clear up this misconception. As you can see from many of the reviews posted that we take pride in our property and are always listening to our guests in order to improve our quality of service.

We have conducted a thorough inspection of the guest room you stayed in and have documented proof by a third party inspector that this specific guest room and theWit Hotel Chicago does not have any type of bed bugs. This inspection is protocol for all downtown Chicago properties when a complaint such as the one presented are made. We can assure you that this is not a normal occurrence or complaint that we receive and have shared your feedback with our team internally. We truly pride ourselves on our AAA Four Diamond service and hope that you and your daughter will come back and visit us soon.

theWit Guest Relations

Reviewed 9 August 2014

I travel a lot and visit many many hotels, but i must say the theWit hotel in Chicago really amazed me ! Entering the tastefully decorated lobby with the nice aroma scent of vanilla, already set the scene for the rest of my stay.
Check in staff is extremely friendly and accommodating - although coming across very professional, they give you a very personalised welcome. Another aspect that surprised me in a positive way compared to other experiences.

The rooms are really very tastefully decorated - even the corridors and elevators ooze this typical atmosphere of loungy, stylish and sophisticated look & feel. Spacious room with a very nice view - clean. Bathroom is well sized but here i missed the lack of a rack or small cabinet or table to put toilet cases and stuff.
The beds and sheets are soooo comfortable - OMG ! And those pillows - even jetlagged and awake at 4 am every morning, it was difficult to get out of this cosy cocoon.

And then you have the famous rooftop bar ! Extremely trendy and popular and really the place to be for drinks, small but very tasteful bites to eat and people wat hing. Had drinks and something to eat early in the evening which was great. Glass rooftop could be either opened or closed - cool decor, DJ, cool light show and a very not stuck up vibe. Nice staff, friendly and helpful. As a guest you have free access and it is kind of a cool feeling when you see others queing downstairs waiting to get up ! By the way for a place li,e this, drinks and food quite reasonably priced.

The restaurant : since the hotel is sponsored by Redbull, most cocktails are based on this energy drink ( by the way we got the whole Redbull assortment complimentary in our room, which my daughter absolutely loved). Food is real American - huge burgers, but OMG they tasted amazing ! Giant portions - impossible to finish. A meal for 2 with cocktails, shared starter, entrees, drinks costed approx USD 90.

One more examp.e of the amazing service of the hitel : one day our room key did not work (happens everywhere at least once) - however after 2 rides up and down from 23rd floor to reception, it still did not work. Reception staff offered us a USD 25 voucher for consumption in the restaurant or rooftop bar while they were fixing the problem (that only took 30min). Staff even absorbed the extra few dollars we spent over the voucher amount. Never came across this type of amazing customer friendly attitude anywhere before.

Can't wait to be back in this hotel - definitely my favorite hotel so far.

Room Tip: Be aware that the rooftop bar is on the 27th floor and action/music goes on till 2 am.
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
GeneralManager201, Guest Relations Manager at theWit - A DoubleTree by Hilton, responded to this reviewResponded 11 August 2014

Dear Karine1301,

Thank you for your glowing review of theWit Hotel Chicago! I am delighted to hear that you had the opportunity to experience and enjoy so much of what we have to offer our guests. I am especially glad to hear that our team delivered such excellent customer service and problem resolution. Even seemingly insignificant details such, as your keys not working, add up to the overall perception of our hotel. It is great to hear that we were able to quickly resolve the matter while still adding to your experience.

We hope to see you back at theWit on your next trip to Chicago. Have a fantastic afternoon!

Reviewed 7 August 2014

We just returned from our stay at the Wit. We went to Chicago to get married. When we arrived a plate of chocolate covered strawberries were delivered compliments of the hotel along with a nice note. The hotel is perfectly located to enjoy the city. Restaurants, transportation, and shopping is very close. Every staff person we encountered was happy, helpful and would do what ever they could to make our trip better. From the moment we arrived everyone was awesome. The room itself was very nice, very clean. Great views, even from our bathroom. Very comfortable and aesthetically pleasing. Everything you could need was there. The concierge was helpful in finding a car for the wedding party at the last minute. We spent an evening at the The Roof. Our waitress was great. Good views there. Overall, I would stay there again in a flash. Thanks to everyone for making us feel special on our Wedding day!

Room Tip: Corner rooms have awesome views.
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
GeneralManager201, Guest Relations Manager at theWit - A DoubleTree by Hilton, responded to this reviewResponded 8 August 2014

Dear Ms. AmyThomasIndiana,

Congratulations on your recent wedding! We are delighted that you chose to visit us during your special trip.

I am glad to hear that you enjoyed the property and our team. We look forward to seeing you on your next Chicago adventure.

Have a wonderful day!

Reviewed 6 August 2014

Stayed for one night on business and was extremely pleased. Staff were very friendly at check in and my room was clean and very quiet. I had a lovely view of the city and the lake. Walking distance to shopping on Michigan avenue and the lakeshore jogging path. I came via train and was happy that the hotel was also walking distance from union station. I would definitely stay at this hotel again.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
GeneralManager201, Guest Relations Manager at theWit - A DoubleTree by Hilton, responded to this reviewResponded 7 August 2014

Dear ccpeters,

Thank you for your review of theWit Hotel Chicago! We are fortunate to have such a prime location for our guest to explore and enjoy the city. I am pleased that you found our team so friendly during your visit.

We look forward to seeing you back at theWit during your next Chicago adventure. Have a wonderful afternoon!

Reviewed 6 August 2014

This hotel was booked as a birthday surprise for one of my best friends for four of us to all stay and celebrate his birthday in the city. I had heard great things about the rooftop bar and I was excited to go. I actually never made it up to the rooftop bar because of the wristband rule. We had some others who were celebrating with us who were not staying at the hotel and we found out that we all needed wristbands to go up to the rooftop, so that was a bust. I am sad to say that I missed out on it. All of the people I was celebrating with are all Chicagoland inhabitants, but I am from out of state, so I was disappointed to go all that way and not be able to enjoy the rooftop with everyone.
The room was spacious and the view was nice. However, when we got into the room there was the smell of old food close to the mini refrigerator. Turns out there was an old deep dish pizza box left inside of the fridge and it desperately needed to be cleaned out. It smelled pretty fowl. I believe the friend that booked the room alerted the staff about the inconvenience, but I am not sure if they adjusted his bill or anything for it. I certainly hope so.

It was between 10-10:30 pm when we were all getting ready to go out. There was laughing and bantering and carrying on, with lots of fun being had! Until two people dressed in black from the front desk came into our room to tell us that they had gotten complaints about us and that we were being too loud and needed to please be quiet. It was a little bit confusing. This hotel is happening and young and yet there is a quiet after-hours rule supposedly? I am not sure if there is, but I believe it seems that way. I was a little confused and a little bit disappointed. It was a Saturday night and the vibe of the hotel is young, exciting and fresh, so it did feel like the vibe was destroyed in a small way. I remember that the people from the front desk actually came all the way into the room almost to the first bed closest to the door to tell us to please quiet down and I remember thinking that it made me feel a tad bit uncomfortable and unsafe. I think that they maybe should have stayed outside of the door and relayed the message from there. That way it would not feel like being invaded. The way things are these days, who knows who you can trust in a hotel? Just a suggestion for their safety and for ours.

After we got dressed we went down to the bar downstairs for a drink. The vibe was great! The staff was young, hip and friendly. There was a musician performing and he was great. I had a Lake Michigan Sunrise I believe. Very good drinks, just pricey, but what are you going to do? It's Chicago! We all had one or two drinks and then left to go out for the night. There are a lot of bars nearby so that it is a plus. It is a real happening place with lots of people on the street and all around until fairly late in the night.

In the wee hours of the morning we returned and the staff that greeted us were all very nice. We quietly went up to our room and got ready for bed. The beds are extremely comfortable. I slept like a baby. Like I was on a cloud. They are extremely spacious too. I must comment on the bathroom as well. The bathroom was pretty spacious and I loved the shower. I ESPECIALLY loved the sink. It was huge and I really appreciated that because multiple people could use it at once. Loved it. The bathroom sliding door is a little weird because you can see in through the crack and there is no soundproof quality whatsoever.

I loved the decor of the room also. Very classy, hip and not overdone. The location of the hotel (on State) is also great. You are in a hustling and bustling area without being centrally in the tourist trap of Michigan Avenue.

Overall, this was a decent experience. I would probably return, but I am glad that I am aware of things like the quiet and the roof-top wristbands.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends

Dear LaughingD,

Thank you for your detailed review of theWit Hotel Chicago! We are delighted to hear that you were able to enjoy your experience and celebration. I am also a great fan of the decor and especially the sink!

I am sorry to hear that you were unable to enjoy Roof during your visit. ROOF is one of the most popular nightclubs in the city and gets extremely busy during the weekend hours so we have made sure that our registered guests have access to 4 wristbands while visiting. Thank you for letting me know how the noise complaint was handled. I certainly see how this could appear as a more aggressive approach than what is necessary. Feedback like this gives us the opportunity to improve our services and make sure that we leave a positive impression with our guests.

We look forward to seeing you at theWit on your next visit to Chicago. Have a wonderful afternoon!