“Very Happy with room and experience” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of theWit - A DoubleTree by Hilton

Lowest prices for {0} - {1}
Enter dates for lowest prices
We check 200+ sites for the lowest hotel prices
theWit - A DoubleTree by Hilton
Ranked #40 of 187 Hotels in Chicago
GreenLeadersBronze level
waco, United States
“Very Happy with room and experience”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 August 2014

MOST comfortable bed-ever! Clean. BIG bathroom. Forgot my iPad in drawer, called hotel when got home next day. Alex went right to room. Flora, the housekeeper had turned it in. Thank you Flora. Arifa the Housekeeping Manager took it to FedEX and shipped it, she was amazingly helpful and kind. WOW

• Stayed August 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

GeneralManager201, Guest Relations Manager at theWit - A DoubleTree by Hilton, responded to this review, 21 August 2014
Dear Sherry L,

Thank you for your recent review of theWit Hotel! I am delighted to hear that our team worked together to return your Ipad. I will make sure to recognize Flora, Alex, and Arifa for their excellent service.

Our "Sweet Dreams" mattresses are absolutely amazing! You are able to find all of the bedding at doubletreeathome.com in case you would like to bring theWit home with you.

We look forward to seeing you back at theWit on your next visit to Chicago. Have a wonderful afternoon!

theWit Guest Relations Team

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (398)
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 August 2014

I booked a Paramount Spa Suite for a staycation in the city as my flight to Florida was just not a reality during this past horrible winter season. I arranged to have a private chef come up to the room. Just before dinner, there was a minor issue which management jumped right on to help resolve. The chef came over and prepared the meal as planned and the night went beautifully. We were given gift vouchers for breakfast and were constantly checked on by management to ensure the rest of our stay was excellent. I really appreciated that it was one person that did all the follow up and I became familiar with who I was speaking with. The staff in the spa was very attentive and worked well with my tot on board who absolutely adored the cup cake bath bombs. The hotel itself is located on N. State St, walking distance to shopping, transportation and restaurants. The suites are comfortably appointed and spacious, the decor is nice and even survived an energetic 3 year old. It was a romantic night soaking in the spa tub with my sweetie with the city as the back drop....bathrooms have large dramatic windows. I'm looking forward to my next staycation with the Wit, and counting on it to be a wonderful experience just like this was.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
GeneralManager201, Guest Relations Manager at theWit - A DoubleTree by Hilton, responded to this review, 20 August 2014
Dear Misskarimiss,

Thank you for your kind review of theWit Hotel Chicago! I am glad that our team was able to turn around the experience to have a positive outcome. I am also delighted that you chose one of my favorite rooms, the Paramount, to enjoy your stay.

We look forward to welcoming back for your next staycation at theWit. Have a wonderful afternoon!

Ann Arbor, United States
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 August 2014

This trip was combination business and pleasure. The hotel has an excellent location, inc 1/2 block from the L. The staff, esp concierge, tried to be helpful. Room was nice. However, felt as though the place is dominated by the nightclub at the top. Long lines, security guards in lobby (which is too small regardless) and loud drunks in the middle of the night. If you really like the scene at The Top of the Wit, I guess it's fine. Won't stay there again.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Dear William M,

Thank you for your recent review of theWit Hotel Chicago! We are proud of our fantastic location which allows our guests to enjoy the city from a great central point. Our team is dedicated to delivering amazing service and it sounds like they were able to assist you with your experience.

Our ROOF is one of the most popular destinations in the city, however we still try to ensure that our guests feel at home while they are with us, regardless of their time spent at ROOF.

We hope to see you in the future. Have a wonderful afternoon!

New Jersey
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 August 2014

I was with a large business group and was pretty impressed overall with my stay. Somehow, with a huge book of rooms, they stayed on top of it all and don't recall of anyone having issues with their check in/out or complaints on the room.

Room - comfortable, clean and had all the amenities you would expect in your room. There's the nickle/dime situation where the bottles of water in the room are 6$ each, $15 to connect to the internet which I think is unnecessary. Wave the internet charge, and if the bottles of water are going to be with a 500% mark up - then just don't offer it. Regardless, the rooms themselves were well proportioned and amble room for a business traveler.

Rooftop bar - great service, mediocre drinks the 2 times I went. However, again, given there was a huge group of us - each of the lunches served rooftop were well executed. Something of note for those of you planning a large event - they seemed well versed in the needs of the client and reacted very quickly if there were any requests for one-off items.

Dinner - service for drinks was great, much better than what we had on the rooftop. The dinner service itself was much slower, but wasn't in a hurry so not a huge deal. The food was much better than anticipated for a hotel restaurant, so keep it as a consideration if your in a jam and don't have time to visit local places.

Room Tip: Go high in this hotel - otherwise it's views of other building. Above the 17th - you should hav...
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled on business
Dear longdays7,

Thank you for your recent feedback of theWit Hotel! We are delighted that our team was able to deliver such amazing service to your group during your visit. I am also glad to hear that you had the opportunity to experience so much of what theWit has to offer.

We look forward to seeing you at theWit in the future. Have a wonderful afternoon!

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 August 2014

My now husband and I chose the Wit as our hotel stay for our wedding weekend. We were married on the River just a couple blocks away. The hotel staff did everything to make our stay as perfect as possible. Upon arrival, we were able to get up to our room early, at 11:00am. The hotel staff sent us chocolate covered strawberries as they knew we were getting married. The room was very large. We had a corner view of state street and the river. There was room for my hairstylist to do my hair and my photographer to take pictures.
We needed to locate a "first look" location and we happened to meet the event planner, Brittany, who allowed us to the Roof Top bar terrace for our first look pictures. The bar usually does not open until 2:00pm, but she allowed us- Thanks again!! :)
ALL staff greeted us and were very kind! They also brought us a refrigerator which was nice and were very accommodating.
We know where we will be staying again for our 1 year anniversary! Could not be happier with our decision to stay there!

• Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear Bmanda,

Congratulations on your recent wedding! We are glad that you chose to stay with us during such a memorable occasion.

Thank you for your kind words about our hotel and team, especially Brittany. I will make sure that she is aware of your comments.

We look forward to seeing you at theWit next year for your anniversary. Have a great day!

Tulsa OK
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 August 2014

The Wit is a trendy hotel located in the northeast part of the "Loop" in downtown Chicago. The location is excellent, and is just a few steps from the subway/L lines that make transportation around the city a breeze. As is the case with most more expensive hotels, little additional is included. No free internet or free breakfast is offered. There is a restaurant on the first floor that offers breakfast, lunch and dinner. I only used it for breakfast, and it was usually empty. The service in this hotel was excellent. I needed some toothpaste, and it was delivered to my room within minutes. Those at the front desk were friendly and helpful. The doorman and concierge both very attentive and professional. It did seem that the lobby area was a bit on the small size, and several times during my stay was literally packed with guests. Guess this is typical as space is a premium in downtown Chicago. While pricey, the location probably makes it worth it. A big attraction of this particular hotel was the Wit rooftop bar, where the young imbibe in overpriced drinks and loud music. I was on the 19th floor and could not hear the music, but others higher up could.... Rooms were spotless clean and very modern. The AC unit worked OK, but wonder if it wouldn't strain on a real hot Chicago day. Overall, a great Hilton property, albeit a bit pricey. I would recommend it.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with friends
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
GeneralManager201, Guest Relations Manager at theWit - A DoubleTree by Hilton, responded to this review, 25 August 2014
Dear gsx1990,

Thank you for your recent review of theWit Hotel! We are fortunate to have such a fabulous location for our guests to enjoy the city and its many treasures.

I am delighted that our team provided the amazing service I know they are capable of delivering. We pride ourselves on our willingness to go the extra mile for our guests and it sounds like we succeeded for you.

We look forward to seeing you at theWit on your next Chicago adventure. Have a wonderful afternoon!

Merton, Wisconsin
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 August 2014

Stayed at theWit this week-end with my wife and 21 year old daughter. The hotel is certainly trendy and stylish. The food at the State and Lake Chicago Tavern was excellent. We had breakfast twice there and dinner Friday night. We went to the Roof Saturday night just to see what it was all about and it was quite the party with some interesting talent (see photo). But it was the room that would keep us from coming back. The room was small (once again no upgrade for a Hilton Diamond member; I don't know why I even ask any more) and somewhat boring in my opinion. The beds were comfortable and the hotel was quiet in the rooms. The bathroom was the worst. It was small and the shower head would not adjust to allow the flow of water down on your head, just directly at you. The sink may have been stylish but totally useless. You can see the attached photos. And the $59 parking is the most I've ever paid in Chicago and I've stayed at many different hotels. The hotel is in an excellent location.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
GeneralManager201, Guest Relations Manager at theWit - A DoubleTree by Hilton, responded to this review, 18 August 2014
Dear bhighlande, Thank you for your review of theWit Hotel Chicago. We are glad that you were able to enjoy ROOF and State & Lake Chicago Tavern. We hope your weekend away with your daughter was enjoyable despite some setbacks. We would like to advise that all of our guest rooms are equipped with an adjustable shower head and we will be investigating to see if there was a malfunction in your room. Additionally, we have found our parking to be consistent with other similarly priced properties across Chicago. Please feel free to contact us with any further feedback you might have as we hope to be able to welcome you and your family back to theWit in the future. Warm Regards, theWit Guest Relations.