theWit - A DoubleTree by Hilton
  • Pool
  • Room Service
  • Breakfast included
2,726 results
All reviewsstate and lakerooftop barwit hotelbirds chirpingnature soundschicago theaterwarm cookiesspa roomthe riverthe loopcorner roomhotel guestsfloor to ceiling windowsmillennium parkthe beanupon checkblue line
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 28 February 2011

Loved the Wit! Very stylish hotel, great location just one block from the river and steps from the train (but not noisy). We were celebrating our one-year anniversary and they upgraded to a suite on the 26th floor, complete with a bottle of champagne (thanks, Wit). I liked the little touch of bird sounds in the hallway (that change into cricket sounds at night). Large, luxurious suite with fun, modern decor. I always love the beds at Doubletree and can't rave enough about the bathroom--huge spa tub and steam shower. The Roof Bar was a fun, sexy scene and we loved the DJ. We dined at State & Lake for breakfast and if we hadn't been going out, I would have loved to stay for another meal--the food was fantastic! Good recommendation from our server on the Mediterranean frittata. And all for $145/night. I wouldn't even bother looking elsewhere in Chicago.

• Stayed: February 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 25 February 2011

Stayed 2 nights for a family trip with 3 teenagers and a 7 year old. They arranged adjoining rooms and allowed an early check-in. Front desk was welcoming, enthusiastic, and energetic. I called for an extra blanket and within 5 minutes it was there, still warm from the dryer (comfy!) Housekeeping came late at night to change the entire bedding when one of my kids got sick and were very pleasant and sympathetic. Concierge very approachable and helpful with just general information. Every phone call to the desk, etc. was answered politely and pleasantly.
Liked:
Great location -- walked to theater, jazz club, restaurants easily
Staff act like they enjoy their jobs
Excellent service from housekeeping, concierge, front desk
Exceptionally clean rooms
Fitness area very attractive and nice
Disliked:
Having to pay for valet parking ($46 per night--ouch) even though it's common in downtown Chicago
No free internet (again, common but ridiculous when cheap motel chains offer it free)

• Stayed: February 2011, travelled with family
GeneralManager201, Guest Relations Manager at theWit - A DoubleTree by Hilton, responded to this reviewResponded 21 January 2015

Dear momof4inEauClaire,

Thank you for sharing your experience at theWit Hotel! We hope to see you back soon. Have a marvelous afternoon!

At your Service,

theWit Guest Relations Team

Reviewed 25 February 2011

After a long day, I needed to check in. Carlos quickly handled everything. I also needed help with printing materials for a client. Bryan cheerfully handled it for me, double-checking that I had exactly what I needed. I appreciate their help!
Nelle, February 23, 2011

Stayed: February 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 19 February 2011

Our overall stay was great. The rooms are nice and clean, staff is friendly, the breakfast at State and Lake was really good! My only complaint is that our bathroom was always cold!

• Stayed: December 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 18 February 2011

We had such a great time at this hotel we didn't even need to leave. We tried all the restaurants & absolutely LOVED the roof top. We got really lucky & it was a beautiful night when we went. The gym is nice & the hotel staff were very personable & provided us with great customer service. We travel a lot & my girls still say this was their favorite place. A definite must!

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled with family