“The kids spent a lot of busy time here”

Chicago Children's Museum
Ranked #65 of 657 things to do in Chicago
More attraction details
Fee: Yes
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: The "Dinosaur Expedition," where kids dig for bones and conduct archaeological research is just one of the many hands-on exhibits at the Chicago Children's Museum.
Useful Information: Activities for young children
Reviewed 14 August 2014

Our kids were into it. I felt there wasn't really alot of originality to this Children's museum, but our kids really seemed to enjoy themseves for hours. It's expansive - very large - and the many hands-on activites (especially the construction area) were appreciated. But the museum needs more comfortable places for the parents.

There are newer reviews for Chicago Children's Museum

Reviewed 12 August 2014 via mobile

I have kids 3 and 6 so they really enjoyed this place but it's essentially a glorified play room.

We have been to the Children's museum at Rochester and that one was way better.

We printed out the coupon from their website which saved us $1/person.

My son was looking forward to the Forts exhibit because we saw a video of it on YouTube but unfortunately, the exhibit is not there anymore.

We had lunch at the Mexican restaurant just outside the museum on the 2nd floor. The prices were normal, it was not as expensive as some of the reviews say they are.

I probably wouldn't come here again unless I bought the Go Chicago card which includes admission to this place and the rides at Navy Pier.

1  Thank bipy
Reviewed 10 August 2014 via mobile

My daughter loved this place. She really enjoyed the fire station room and circus room. Big place where could spend a few hours. Great place for kids and parents ...right on navy pier ...great location.

1  Thank AnnieTigers
Reviewed 8 August 2014 via mobile

I have been to other children's museums and I always prefer a museum on chuki cheese type places. Here we went on Thursday evening for very first time and it was crazy. For free it was good but crazy and congested we couldn't got a chance to do something without getting in a line. I hope it's not the same way during other days of the week. I hope they plan to get more room for these activities. Because of their Thursday evening we can get there but it's so crowded to play in some activities. I am never going on Thursday night but I will defiantly plan to go some other day.

Reviewed 8 August 2014 via mobile

My wife and I took our two boys and they really enjoyed it. There was a lot of things for them to do. It's a very hands on experience and it's free on Thursdays. Probably not the best day to go if you want to avoid the crowds, but definitely worth going.

1  Thank Donte T