“Surprised by how delightful and delicious dinner was!”
Review of Third Star

Third Star
Reserve with OpenTable
Third Star is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #2,028 of 10,175 Restaurants in Chicago
Neighbourhood: South Loop
Description: Boldly inventive and internationally diverse, Third Star draws its inspiration from the 1893 World’s Columbian Exposition in Chicago. Represented by the third star in the Chicago city flag, the Expo was “nothing short of spectacular”. Today, with its stunning interior and flair for innovation, Third Star at Hyatt Regency McCormick Place reimagines the spirit of the Expo in its culinary offerings and sophisticated atmosphere. Like expo-goers of more than a century ago, visitors will discover an array of international cuisines presented for breakfast, lunch and dinner.
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

I often steer away from hotel restaurants but was tired and ready to just settle in when I arrived late at the Hyatt at McCormick Place.

How wonderful to have selected Third Star restaurant! Larry is a fantastic waiter! Attentive without hovering. Good recommendations and very personable!

The salmon was great! Served on a nice bed of corn and edamame and topped with fennel slices. The beet and feta salad was a great starter and Served with fresh, warm garlic bread.

It was a great dinner! Definitely will be back next time I have a conference at McCormick Center. No need to leave the hotel in search of a fantastic dinner.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Being in town for a conference we were tired and wanted something more than conference food. We were walking back to our hotel and decided to take a break at Third Star. Expecting typical hotel restaurant food were we glad we stopped. Everyone’s food was great. I got baby back ribs that were described as “fall off the bone tender.” They most definitely were. You could taste the butter in the whipped potatoes. The garlic bread they served had roasted cloves of garlic in the bread. The others at the table loved there food as well. We all enjoyed it so much we went back for breakfast the next morning and again were not disappointed. The portions are enough for 2. I would go back if I am in Chicago again.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

I had lunch alone at the end of a business trip before heading to the airport. Staff were friendly and attentive and the food was really good. Considering a bottle of water around the corner is $4, the prices weren’t as high as I expected (don’t get me wrong - it isn’t cheap, but it also doesn’t cost an arm and a leg).

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Great Hostesses and Staff
We attend a big conference and have had the support of Kate, Cynthia, Gachelle and Martha year, after year and they are outstanding. They continue to amaze me and my team with many last minute requests and never cease to amaze us. The service staff is also amazing with their quick service and their friendly demeanor. We are beyond lucky to have them as long-time partners and friends.

Zorica H, New Jersey

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

I ate here for lunch today. The Cobb Salad looked good, except it was a served with iceberg lettuce as part of the lettuce mixture. I asked my server Luis if I could get that salad with every thing but the iceberg lettuce. Substitute any lettuce or green in place. He happily stated they could. The salad was great, it came with a vinaigrette dressing that was really good. I always order an Arnold Palmer for my drink, they make a great one. My server was pleasant, helpful, and efficient. I believe his name was Luis. He sang as he went about providing his services. I will come back, this was my first visit. Great food and great service