“Very good authentic Italian food, nice owner.”
Review of Trattoria Trullo

Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Lawrence Ave
Transit: Brown Line - Stop at Western
Florida
“Very good authentic Italian food, nice owner.”
Reviewed 17 April 2013

We checked out at the hotel and with our luggages decided to go to Lincoln Square because the flight was in the afternoon. We stopped around 1 p.m. at Trullo and went to the bar.
It wasn't the first visit.

The owner Giovanni is Italian, an Inter Milan fan: so am I (both). We watched the game on TV together and he had us put our luggages in the back room, so we didn't have to worry about them.

The food was good both times, it is pretty authentic and well cared for. I also enjoyed sitting at the bar sipping wine (good choices, good prices) and eat some italian antipasto, a mix of prosciutto, salame (or salami as it's called in the USA), cheeses, olives etc..

I love this place, and it has a lot to do with Giovanni, the food and the wine. And yes, he is an Inter Milan fan...that's a plus! :)

• Visited September 2012
1 Thank MoItaly

Chicago, Illinois
“Love the service and the wine!”
Reviewed 4 December 2012

Nice place, food was good, had a great waiter and the wine he recommended was awesome. Will be going back soon.

• Visited December 2012
North Carolina
“Average meal!”
Reviewed 1 December 2012

While visiting my daughter in Chicago, we decided to have lunch here. My husband enjoyed his ravioli. My daughter and I ordered the fettuccine bolognese. It was average at best. I took my leftovers back to the hotel. My husband had them for dinner. He was not impressed. Service was excellent.

• Visited November 2012
“Delicious, upscale Italian and kid friendly!!!”
Reviewed 25 September 2012 via mobile

We arrived in Chicago for vacation on a very cold an rainy night! We were staying with friends in Lincoln Sqaure so we ventured out to find something that was going to be a nice night out for the grown ups but also somewhere where my usually well behaved 10 month old wouldn't be glared at if she made a peep.

We were sat in an area of the restaurant which was very nice but you can tell it was the kid section. I appreciated this because I didn't worry about disturbing anyone should my daughter get a little noisy!

The menu was fabulous! It had some great dishes on it and it certainly wasn't the same old mundane menu that seems to be at every Italian restaurant. I got the pasta special which was outrageously good!!! It was squid ink pasta with lobster and shrimp in a light Chardonnay cream sauce. They also had Peroni which truly made my night :)

Our waiter was VERY attentive to the grown ups and my daughter. He offered some suggestions for her but we only ordered some plain pasta. I requested a very small portion since she also had baby food. They gave us a small bowl AND didn't charge us for it. I don't mind paying for food for my daughter but when you only want 20 noodles it is nice when a restaurant can accommodate your request so there's no waste!

This was truly a gem on a yucky weather evening! I would happily go back on any return visit!!!

Toledo, Ohio
“Order the Bruschetta!”
Reviewed 23 June 2012

This restaurant is in a nice area where you can park and walk. Both sides of the street are lined with bars / restaurants / boutique type shops. We were seated inside by the bar area which is a small, semi awkward space. Ambiance might have been better if we sat outside or in the back where there were booths and tables. Food was good. Portions were large. We ordered the bruschetta for an appetizer and it was SO good. Probably the best I’ve ever had. Homemade garlic toast, a slice of tomato, fresh mozzarella and basil. I literally could have just eaten a whole plate of it as my meal!! Service was great. Waitress was attentive and stayed on top of our several water refills (hot day).

• Visited June 2012

Been to Trattoria Trullo? Share your experiences!