La Quinta Inn & Suites Chicago Downtown
JW Marriott Chicago(Chicago)
  • Pool
  • Bar/Lounge
1,276 results
All reviewswillis towerthe loopfree breakfastgreat locationlyric operaunion stationthe financial districtmake your own wafflesbreakfast roomyogurtchicago downtownwithin walking distancebreakfast staffparking garageclean hotelfew blocksbusiness center
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 11 June 2012

I stayed here while attending training for my job. The hotel is located next door to the training facility which was the first thing that appealed to me. However, once arriving I knew I made the right choice. I was very satisfied with this hotel ... very clean and very new/fresh looking. The continental breakfast included scrambled eggs and bacon (a big plus!) along with the other usual options.

The staff were very professional and welcoming and helped me in choosing locale restaurants for dining ... which is the only problem I ran into (which has nothing to do with the hotel itself). The hotel is located in Chicago's financial district so after about 7 or 8 pm, it seems that all the eateries nearby are closed. I had to walk a bit farther to find some food later at night ... although the room service at the hotel (via a local eatery) was perfect the first night I was there.

I've stayed in three different La Quinta hotels (another in Chicago's south suburbs and another in Tenessee) and THIS La Quinta is by far the best ... no competition really. Would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled on business

Review collected in partnership with La Quinta
A TripAdvisor Member
La Crosse, Wisconsin, USA
Reviewed 4 June 2012

I was extremely impressed with how friendly and helpful everyone was. The continental breakfast was very tasty. The pool, while small, was adequate and the hot tub was welcome after a day of walking. We came in on the Amtrak and we were able to easily walk to the hotel. Also a short walk to shopping on State Street, Willis Tower, and even Millenium park. The Italian villages restaurants are a must see (eat), the food was fantastic. We did do the Chicago Trolley hop on/hop off, which is pricey but we enjoyed hearing about all the different places you see. If you have time to take advantage of the three days you will get your money's worth. Be sure, if you go to Navy Pier that you wander thru the stained glass museum. Beautiful. One thing to note, they do call it the Windy City for a reason! We would stay here again if in Chicago.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with La Quinta
1  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 31 May 2012

What I liked:

1. Great location. There is an "El" stop a couple of blocks away and a lot of good stuff within walking distance. The hotel is a few blocks from the Willis Tower (formerly Sears Tower).

2. The room was clean, comfortable, and in my case, pretty big.

3. The breakfast was very much above average. For two of the mornings I was there, in addition to the standard items (breads, cereal, fruit, waffles), they had scrambled eggs, sausage, and bacon.

What I didn't like:

1. On Sunday mornings, they don't start the breakfast until 7:00 am. By 7:15, the large dining room was nearly full of people. The other mornings, the breakfast starts at 6:00 am, and I was able to eat in peace.

2. In spite of the overall comfort of the room, the pillows were horrible. One pillow by itself was way too flat and two stacked on top of each other was a little too much. That actually cost me some sleep.

3. One morning, I asked about the opening times of the stores on the Magnificent Mile, and the woman working at the front desk could only guess as to an answer. This is a very minor gripe, but I think that if you work the front desk at a hotel, you should be able to answer basic questions about the major tourist attractions of the city.

Overall, if I could rate the hotel a 3.5 out of 5 I would, and the positives do outweigh the negatives. I would recommend this hotel for people going to Chicago, mainly because of the location and the breakfast, but I just had to deduct from the rating because of those pillows.

Room Tip: Some of the rooms face the street and some don't, so if you have a preference, you should state it when making your reservation.
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled solo
2  Thank JazzSinger8
Reviewed 30 May 2012

Stayed here over Memorial Day Weekend. This hotel is about 4 years old, so it's nice and new and very clean. The air conditioning worked really really well. It is in an business area, so during the weekend, it was super quiet. The windows go wall to wall, which is very nice. Your view is of the office building across. There is free WiFi access, but typical of 99% of hotels, it's chronically congested and slow.

Only had the complimentary breakfast once. You can make your own waffles, which is nice. Buffet of pastries, cereals, yogurt, juices, and even some hot items like biscuits, sausages, and gravy.

The location is nice as well. It's along The Loop, which is where many of the rail lines intersect (or loop). So, getting to/from here was a breeze. The best money spent was $14 for a CTA 3-day Pass, which gives you unlimited rides on the rail and bus system. It's not available for purchase everywhere. Got ours at O'Hare Airport.

Room Tip: 721 was a nice room.
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled with friends