La Quinta Inn & Suites Chicago Downtown
US$678
US$614
  • Room Service
Central Loop Hotel(Chicago)(Great Value!)
US$664
US$508
  • Restaurant
Club Quarters Hotel, Central Loop(Chicago)(Great Value!)
US$543
US$508
  • Restaurant
The Talbott Hotel(Chicago)(Great Value!)
US$730
US$832
Hotelpower.com
  • Pool
1,311 results
All reviewswillis towerthe loopfree breakfastgreat locationlyric operaunion stationthe financial districtmake your own wafflesbreakfast roomyogurtchicago downtownwithin walking distancebreakfast staffparking garageclean hotelfew blocksbusiness center
Reviewed 30 November 2013

La Quinta was not only centrally located to all of the Chicago sites, but beautiful, clean...the rooms were wonderful (we had a great view) and breakfast was perfect both mornings! We won't stay anywhere else when we go to Chicago!

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with La Quinta
Reviewed 27 November 2013

This hotel is well located and a great deal for a downtown Chicago hotel. We stayed five nights. The rooms are large and the furnishings very modern and stylish. Many La Quintas I have stayed in have been nice furniture with worn carpets and beat up doors and walls - not here, All was clean, fresh and new. The breakfast was exceptional for a La Quinta with eggs, bacon, oatmeal and other items in addition to the standard waffles. We had something different each morning. We found the staff helpful and friendly. This would be a five star rating if it had not been for the chewing gum left by a previous guest on the bathroom floor.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 26 November 2013

I chose this hotel for a two night weekend stay. I was willing to try La Quinta again because I had been satisfied with the La Quinta motel outside Bristol VA/TN. I had liked the quality of the free breakfast and the outfitting of the motel room. This location in downtown Chicago was perfect for a visit with a local friend (who also booked her own room). An easy location and you can pull right up to the door, but there are no bellhops to help you unload. I only had 2 bags, but had I had more, assistance would have been nice. Check in was easy. The room was perfect for a single traveler, everything clearly up to date, spic and span, nice bed, room darkening decorative shade, excellent bathroom. Even though this room was right opposite the elevator, I heard nothing - very quiet. Easy to adjust room temperature, too. And a great rate with free breakfast, Kurig coffee maker in the room. I highly recommend this La Quinta. My friend, a Chicagoan, was also very pleased and will recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with La Quinta
Reviewed 25 November 2013

Guess it depends what your priorities are. We stayed here on a friends recommendation. The price was a steal ($139 a night) for Chicago. The room was HUGE. Really HUGE!!! The downside was that the staff was not friendly in the least and clearly did not want us to remain customers. The free breakfast was good, staff working there was friendly. It was only the front desk staff that were rude. I would stay here again, only because it was such a value. Parking=$45 a night, not a value =(

Very close to an L stop.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 24 November 2013

I had stayed in this hotel once before - it's only one block from the opera, which I was attending. I stayed two nights. The rooms are a good size, walk-in shower was nice, everything appeared to be designed for handicapped accessibility. The bed was comfortable. The only drawbacks were the towels - pretty scratchy, and the vague smell of cheap cologne, as if someone had stayed there before and the smell remained. I only smelled it for a short time after each time entering the room, but it was not a pleasant smell. You can hear the "L" train in the distance if the television is off but it's not an overwhelming or really disruptive sound. The staffed breakfast area is very nice and there was a good selection of foods. I will stay here again!

Room Tip: Ask to be on the west side of the hotel - while all you'll get is a street view and a building across the street, I think the east side is an even less appealing view (back sides of buildings).
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled solo