“Opera Visit”

La Quinta Inn & Suites Chicago Downtown
Ranked #87 of 188 Hotels in Chicago

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (152)
  • Korean first
Chicago, Illinois, United States
Reviewed 8 February 2014

I'm giving this 2 out of 5 because only motels should get 1 star. I stayed at this hotel on a Friday night in order to be close to the office for a long Saturday at work. It is 2 blocks from my office and highly convienent.
1) Check-in: Booking and check-in were quick and easy. Everyone was helpful and friendly.
2) Lobby: I think this hotel may have been recently re-done. Everything was fresh, open and inviting.
3) Room: My room was room 704. The window faces a person's office. Which, if you are staying for the weekend may not matter but I checked in on a Friday at 3PM and could have had a miming conversation with the person sitting at his desk. It was weird. The rest of the room was clean. the bed was comfy.
4) The ugly: As I mentioned, i was staying at the hotel in preparation for a long day at work. I got to the hotel at 7PM and was in for a long night. At about 10PM, I heard people fighting (or laughing? I'm not sure) for a good 15 minutes. At 1:30AM, I woke up to the sounds of people enjoying their rendezvous in the city, if you know what I mean. At 5AM, I was awoken by the sounds of what sounded like a garbage truck, but could not have been because it was a Saturday morning (rigt? I have no idea what it ended up being).

Needless to say, my work day was not fun and I attribute a large part of that to the crappy night's sleep I got.

I was ready to check-out and I had a speech planned when the front desk person asked me how my stay was. Surprise surprise, he didn't ask. It was 6:30AM on a Saturday so I didn't feel like going into it. But I will NEVER be staying at a La Quinta again.

Oh, and I wasn't dreaming about the 1:30AM rendezvous. My coworker staying down the hall heard it too.

Room Tip: Don't stay in room 704, or any even numbered room from 2-12. I think those all face the office b...
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank Alicia R
LQGS, Guest Relations Manager at La Quinta Inn & Suites Chicago Downtown, responded to this review, 13 February 2014
Hi Alicia, We've read your review of our La Quinta Inn & Suites Chicago - Downtown. It's our hope that our guests are able to settle in and have a great night's sleep when they stay at La Quinta. We're sorry that did not happen the night you stayed. We appreciate you sending in your feedback and hope that you'll consider returning to La Quinta Inns & Suites when you once again have a lodging need.
Champaign, Illinois
Reviewed 19 January 2014

After finding this property on Google Maps, I checked the reviews on Trip Advisor. Almost all were very positive so I decided to take a chance and book. Great decision. Very clean property. Staff is SUPER friendly and cooperative.

Check in went very smoothly and the staff was very willing to answer any questions and provide suggestions. Lobby is very clean and modern.

Room was also very clean and modern. Not real big, but we weren't playing basketball. The beds seemed a bit small, but they served their purpose. Very large and thick towels in the bathroom and excellent water pressure in the shower.

Hotel located within a block of Starbucks, Dunkin Donuts, Chipotle, Noodles & Co., Walgreens, 7-11, Potbelly Sandwiches, and CTA train and bus stops.

Breakfast included waffle makers, biscuits & gravy, hot oatmeal, toast, bagels, muffins, and cold cereals. Drinks included coffee, hot tea, orange juice, and water.

Exercise room had one elliptical and two treadmills; all TRUE brand and high quality. We did not go to or see the indoor pool.

Parking is right next door at 201 W. Madison. $45/night which is fair in this area of town.

I would highly recommend this property and will stay here again if we don't need to be right on Michigan Ave.

Room Tip: We asked for a floor on a higher floor so we wouldn't hear any street noise. however I don'...
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
miami
Reviewed 13 January 2014

We were first nervous about visiting a BIG city like Chicago. The vertigo-menacing skyscrapers, rumored heavily congested traffic, and the bone penetrating cold the “Windy City” is known for can be overwhelming for first-timers.

So finding a great place to stay only added to the stress.

But our anxiety was quickly relieved once we booked a room at La Quinta. The staff made sure our visit was pleasant, comfortable, and enjoyable.

Angie, at the front desk was polite, friendly, and insanely accommodating. She was very attentive to our needs, satisfying all of our concerns with a welcoming smile.

She could have easily thrown a few staples at us in response to our pestering requests but instead remained as cool as the temperature outside (burr) yet warm enough to make us feel as though we were back home in Miami (ahh). We truly felt like valued guests.

The maintenance, housekeeping, and food service crew also deserve high praise for their solid efforts. Their commitment to providing outstanding service showed throughout.

Not only were the rooms modern and spacious, but also spotless and stocked with plenty of the essentials (personal care products and towels).

The breakfast dining area was well-maintained and loaded with goodies. Their complimentary Bright Side Breakfast options will satisfy even the most demanding in the family. I had the eggs and sausage with biscuits, waffles, and a nice cup of fresh coffee. So tasty and filling!

And the location was just right! The property is conveniently located within a few blocks from the Willis Tower, and other great attractions and restaurants. Not to mention minutes from United Center, Lincoln Park Zoo, and Wrigley Field via Chicago’s transit system.

Take advantage of the staff’s vast knowledge and ask for parking suggestions, transportation options, and directions to attractions and restaurants. We did!

Thanks to management and staff for making our visit to Chicago a breeze. We greatly appreciate your warm hospitality

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family