“Conveniently located and well maintained hotel”

La Quinta Inn & Suites Chicago Downtown
Ranked #75 of 192 Hotels in Chicago
Reviewed 25 July 2014

I stayed in this hotel for one night. It was very conveniently located close to our offices and is surrounded by good restaurants. It is easy to walk where you need to be.

The check in staff was really efficient, friendly and helpful. They also give a good run down of the amenities included. Breakfast and wifi was included in the rate.

I was surprised how spacious the room was. The bed was decent and the room included ironing equipment, a Keurig coffee machine and lots of closet space for a longer stay. Note that my room did not have a safe, which is not ideal when you have a laptop, tablet etc.

I felt that this hotel have me more value for my money than some of the more expensive ones. I will stay here again.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business

Reviewed 24 July 2014

This hotel was clean, the staff was very pleasant and the location was great.

House keeping did a great job keeping the room clean throughout our stay. The breakfast is very good with a large variety and lots of seating. It is well located close to bus stops and train stations and is within walking distance to many of Chicago's attractions (Willis Tower, Millennium Park etc.)

Will defiantly stay here on our next visit to Chicago

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 22 July 2014

Clean Hotel with good staff and well updated rooms. Rooms were small but that is standard for the Loop. Rate was expensive for the location and room size. Breakfast typical American cereals, waffle, biscuts and gravy No Yogurt, very few fruits, they need to take a lesson form Europe since they have a lot of European staying there. PLEASE NOTE if you are a couple staying in the same room, these are small doubles, I am 6 ft and 190lbs, my wife 5.3 and 120lbs they bed was TIGHT FIT.

Room Tip: ask for bigger bed
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank commish2014
Reviewed 18 July 2014

Great Location, Great Service, Friendly and Helpful Staff, Breakfast Choice was very good and surprising. Parking rates reasonable for a large city, if you've never experienced it just prepare yourself for it.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with La Quinta
Reviewed 17 July 2014

The location was ideal for my recent business trip. It was close to nearby train stations and walking distance to the office I was visiting. We arrived late and were treated by friendly front desk staff, but found all area restaurants were closed and we ended up taking a cab to Greek Town for dinner. Not what we had hoped!

Our room was spacious and beds comfortable. We were given a room on the second floor just around the corner from the breakfast area. The shades were not in working order and we woke up just before 6:00 to a bacon smell so strong it was difficult to go back to sleep. I would not recommend a stay on the second floor. At our request, we were moved to the 8th floor for our second night. Although identical, the second room was in great shape, the view was nice and it was very quiet.

All in all, it was an average experience. I would look for something else in the area as I'm not sure it was a $250/night experience.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Sarah H
Reviewed 14 July 2014

The hotel was clean, reasonably priced, had a good location, and included breakfast. We did not use the pool or other amenities but if they were as well kept as the room I am sure they would be satisfactory. La Quinta is a good choice for Chicago tourists.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank fargonative
Reviewed 11 July 2014

The location and the hotel itself was great! Loved the room- it was spacious, comfortable and clean. The breakfast was awesome- lots of variety (although it would be so much nicer if real dishes, cups and silverware were used--and much better for the environment!)

My main issue with the hotel was the front desk staff who I found to be rude and unhelpful. I called the night before check out to request a late check out since I was traveling with small children and our flight was later in the afternoon. The woman I spoke with said I would need to call back in the morning but that a late check out could usually be accommodated around 1:00 or 1:30 and sometimes even later. When I went down in the morning to request the late check out, the man and woman (Amanda) working the front desk could not have been ruder. I explained the situation and he said "1:00". I said that the extra 30 min would be helpful and in the same rude tone he said "1:00". I asked if there was any flexibility and he said "1:00". At this point, the one word answers, sighs and eye rolls by him and Amanda were not appreciated. I noted that the woman I spoke with the previous night made it seem like there was a bit more flexibility and again he said "1:00". Amanda stated that they find out from housekeeping when late checks out can be, which I understand but neither of them made any calls or asks to housekeeping while I was standing there. They were both rude and not accommodating at all. I told them both that I would appreciate all employees getting on the same page and they both just stared at me.

I completely understand if 1:00 is the policy. If that is the case, then I believe that all front desk staff need to be informed (i.e.: the woman I spoke with in the evening) and all front desk staff need to review basic courtesy when dealing with customer requests. A simple explanation about the policy and why would have gone a lot further in my book than a reiteration of the time "1:00" said with attitude. This interaction really tainted my otherwise excellent stay.

Room Tip: Bring a white noise machine if traveling with kids- it's a city so no matter where you stay, it...
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family