“Still great!”

Ranked #133 of 187 Hotels in Chicago
Clovis, California
“Still great!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 April 2013

I have reviewed this place before. In fact, I have stayed at this hotel 5 or 6 times now. I just can't say enough about this hotel. Most Holiday Inns are good and they are pretty dependable as a chain, but this one is exemplary! The service is great, the rooms are nice and the bar is great. Unfortunately the restaurant is just so-so, but who would go to a world class restaurant mecca like Chicago and eat in the hotel anyway? My favorite part is the view. If you get a room on the east side of the building, up high like 8th or 9th floor, there is a great view of downtown Chicago. This hotel is 12 miles from downtown but the train station is right across the street so you can walk right over and ride into the city. It's near O'Hare airport and the hotel provides a shuttle both ways. If you're traveling to Chicago, this hotel is a great choice. Oh and last but not least, THEY ARE MOTORCYCLE FRIENDLY!

Room Tip: Up high like the 8th or 9th floor and on the east side. There is a great view of the city when it c...
  • Stayed August 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank Tim E

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (82)
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
New York City, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 April 2013 via mobile

Stayed here for 3 nights. Nice hotel. Great restaurant (Bar Louie) on first floor. Clean room. Good service. 3 minute walk to CTA Blue Line for service to Downtown and O'Hare. I would stay again for sure!

• Stayed April 2013
2 Thank TheNationalTraveler
Jonathan B, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Chicago O'Hare, responded to this review, 23 April 2013
Thank you Mark11204 for choosing our hotel and selecting us for a future stay! We at the Holiday Inn Chicago O'Hare look forward to the next time you stay with us.

Bexbach
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 April 2013

the Hotel is located at the airport , it offers a free shutte service - but ask for the time . The shuttle could not be pre booked . downtown is easy to reach by subway.
the room are spacious quiet and good equipt.
The room and the bathroom is very clean .
The bead and the sleep comfort good too .
a good choice for a short layover .

• Stayed April 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank khzuerich
Jonathan B, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Chicago O'Hare, responded to this review, 16 April 2013
I've said it before and I'll say it again, it is all about the location! Thank you khzuerich, for ranting and raving about the services we provided to you. I want to promise you one thing, next time you stay with us I want it to be a great choice for a layover.
Chicago, Illinois
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 March 2013

I had a late flight into O'Hare and needed a close place to crash for the night. This Holiday Inn on Cumberland worked out for us. Free parking is good, and they have a real restaurant, Bar Louie, vs. a bad generic place, so that is a plus. The hotel as it self is just OK. No frills. It's clean and the bathrooms in the rooms are updates. I also liked that we had a microwave and a "big" small fridge in the room if needed. Vending machines took coins or credit cards - no bills. I found that strange, but no big deal. My only real issue is that the windows are not well insulated. Since you are right on the flight path for O'Hare you can hear the planes landing all day / night long. Though the airport does slow down between 11 pm and 5 am.

If you are coming in from the City or headed downtown, this location is very close to the Blue LIne's Cumberland stop. Depending on the amount of luggage you have, it's an easy walk. They do have an airport shuttle - but I did not use it at all.

All in all, this hotel is what it is. A typically Holiday Inn with a nice restaurant - sports bar really. Tons of TVs. Oh, I did get free breakfast, or as my father-in-law says, "it was included in the price."

• Stayed March 2013, travelled on business
2 Thank mpauli
Jonathan B, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Chicago O'Hare, responded to this review, 22 March 2013
It is all about the amenities, mpauli! We hit a lot of high points with you during your stay and I do see that we have a couple areas of improvement we need to hit. But you loved our location, restaurant, and our breakfast. I would love for you to be our guest again, so we can really WOW you. Thank you for your review and we look forward to hosting you again.

Madison, Wisconsin
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 March 2013

The hotel is ok. it needs some major refurbishment. as a PC platinum member I did get a nicer room on the top floor. The breakfast buffet was good. The bar is nice although one bar tender need to refrain from making judgements about people based on statements the customers make about certain cities. The tap beer selection was excellent.

• Stayed February 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank danderism
Vancouver, BC
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 March 2013

After a cancelled flight and a crazy set of events at O’Hare, we were provided accommodation at this facility (note, not a hotel). Although the staff were courteous, the location was not very pleasing in terms of the actual rooms. Noises throught the bathroom vents - yep, you could hear people "down there"?? We were there for a very short stay and were happy to leave. I was a little peeved when I asked for a taxi and he ordered a limo service, who do not like credit cards. Well I guess I will not be back if I ever need to stay near the airport. From the outside OK, inside, it needs some serious work.

Room Tip: Not hear the elevator
  • Stayed March 2013, travelled on business
Thank you ossieosborn for taking the time to write us. It seems like your day overall was very hectic due to your flight cancellation. Our staff definately trys to ensure that all of are guests are in a nice warm bed at the end of the night. I hope you had a better rest of your trip and got home safetly. If you do decide to come to Chicago and are in the area I would love for you to be our guests again and hopefully under better terms.

-Jonathan

Travellers are raving about these Chicago hotels

Long Branch, New Jersey
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 March 2013

Had 2 rooms for 5 nights and 1 room for 2 nights (5 people). Front desk staff very courteous. Checked in on 3/11 and on 3/14, there was a large conference at the hotel. After being away from the hotel for the majority of the day, we returned approximately 5 PM and were unable to find a parking place anywhere on the hotel property. The lot in front of the hotel was full with every space both legal and illegal was full. The garage and the parking deck on the property was also full, with vehicles parked illegally in handicapped spaces (no visible handicapped plates or placards) and in clearly marked fire lanes and in front of fire dept standpipes. This is a major safety violation and management does not appear to show any concern for the safety of the hotel guests. The closest off property parking was over 3 blocks away, as the neighborhood parking by the hotel is restricted by residential permit only. Violators were subject to ticketing and or towing. Numerous hotel guests that were attempting to check in and I, voiced our "displeasure" to the front desk staff. They were most apologetic and courteous, but offered no solution to the problem. Suggested that we all just wait until the conference was over and that the parking probem should be resolved. I left the property for a few more hours and returned to find the situation was still the same. After parking over 3 blocks away, I hiked back to the hotel and asked to speak to the Manager on Duty. He offered no resolution to the problem, but was most apologetic and courteous. I can't help but wonder how they'll get repeat business, if this is the way paying guests are treated. Courtesy and apologies only go so far. M.O.D. did not even seem concerned that vehicles were illegally parked in handicapped spaces and in fire lanes and in front of fire dept standpipes on the property. I did notice later, that a Chicago Fire Dept Chief approached the lead of the valet parking group and asked why there were vehicles parked in the clearly marked fire lanes and in front of the standpipes. I don't know the outcome of the encounter, but there were parking spaces available later that evening.
Regarding the climate control, there was no happy medium. The controls on the heating unit appeared to be defective, as it was either too hot or too cold, even after multiple attempts to adjust the controls. There was also a terrible draft of outside air (cold) from around the heating unit. This matter was also discussed with the front desk staff and they assured me that they would have property maintenance look into it.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled with family
5 Thank Dennis S
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Chicago O'Hare, responded to this review, 10 July 2013
Dear Dennis S,

Ferdinand G
Case Manager
IHGCare
Also consider these accommodations in or near Chicago
O'Hare
Renaissance Chicago O'Hare Suites Hotel
Chicago Marriott O'Hare
#106 of 187 in Chicago
Southwest Side
Quality Inn Midway Airport
Quality Inn Midway Airport
#145 of 187 in Chicago

Been to Holiday Inn Chicago O'Hare? Share your experiences!