“Park Sleep Fly”

Ranked #138 of 190 Hotels in Chicago
Iowa
“Park Sleep Fly”
Reviewed 2 September 2013

Very welcoming and accomodating. Stayed here for P-S-F after 2 week trip overseas. Best part was a few minute trip from O'Hare to hotel after a 20 hour journey. Hotel staff was very friendly and helpful getting us settled. Will definitely stay here again for business or when visiting Chicago

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
Jonathan B, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Chicago O'Hare, responded to this review, 25 September 2013
We welcome our road warriors or our vacation seekers! It is great to see our staff was there to ensure you had a comfortable stay and welcoming enviroment. 89coog, we hope to see you soon!

Mr.►◄
Jonathan

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (86)
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed 31 August 2013

I missed my flight and got to stay at this awesome place. It has all the amenities in it. Free wifi is available. The rooms are clean and big. The utilities are excellent. The restaurants are great in there. They have a shuttle running every 30 minutes to the airport which makes it easy to go there.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled solo
Jonathan B, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Chicago O'Hare, responded to this review, 8 September 2013
Even though the way you met us was not the best, we helped make the best of your situation! Thank you for choosing us to make your day a little better and I hope the next time we meet it will be on vacation as oppose to a misconnect.

Mr. ►◄
Madison, Wisconsin
Reviewed 25 August 2013

Nothing fancy, but a good hotel, nice, helpful staff, and a good restaurant for dinner/breakfast! Workout room is small with older equipment...they could make some upgrades there, but overall again this is a good hotel close to O'Hare for business travel or an overnight near the airport. Good access to the CTA Blue Line across the street, but walking there is a little challenging. If you have a car there is a garage to park for the CTA.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled on business
Thank you Ed C for recognizing our staff. They put a lot of effort into ensuring that all our guests get great service on consistant basis. Our workout room is something we plan to move to a more convenient location and give it a little facelift as well. We hope by the next time you stay with us you will be able to enjoy the changes we will be making. Thank you again for the review and we look forward to hosting you soon.

Mr.►◄
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed 17 August 2013

I had a really great time, I wouldn't really suggest this hotel if the sole purpose of your trip is to sight see Chicago as there is no public transportation from the hotel to the city and a cab would cost a fortune because there is traffic in Chicago all the time (even on Sundays - ridiculous)! Stayed here for 4 nights and it was great, we had a car so it was easy for us to go into Downtown or wherever. The bar and grill downstairs is superb, the food is really really great and not expensive at all (Get the pulled pork burger!). We arrived a few hours before check in time and our room was ready, the laundry was handy and the gym is standard!

Room Tip: Don't get rooms on the second floor, that is where the gym/pool and laundry room is, so it could...
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled with friends
Thanks a lot, Mellisa C, for responding and taking the time to submit your feedback. Our services and our restaurant were definately the high points of your stay and I apologize that no one went over how to catch the blue line into the city, which is located across the street from us. I have passed your comments along to the other departments and we look forward to hosting you again!

Mr. ►◄
Decatur, Illinois
Reviewed 13 August 2013

This hotel seems ok at first. After I read a couple of other reviews I can believe them. My experience was different. I came in at about 10:00PM and missed the drive twice so ended up back on the I-90 Expressway. I was tired and was hoping I had missed their entrance drive so I ended up taking the wrong road twice. SO, the MANAGEMENT should get some lighted signs out at the beginning of the drive. I'm docking H.Inn 2 whole points because they NEED some well Lighted signs ON the road which starts a few hundred feet from the hotel. Prices are high in Chicago area, but giving one $10 coupon is kinda redneck for a nice hotel. For some reason the wait staff in the restaurant made me feel uncomfortable, but they did attend to me quite quickly. I spent my $10 coupon on one cup of coffee and left there. (Coffee was $2.00) My wife enjoyed the soft mattress, but I like a harder one. The room was a little small but OK. Shower was great and room was clean with very clean linens. I gave this low score because the MANAGEMENT knows the difficulty of finding the right drive as I was told many people have some trouble finding the entrance at first. So, this is an ongoing problem they have not attended to.

Room Tip: Our room was fine with one large bed and soft mattress. My wife loved the mattress, but I like a ha...
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled with friends
Mirza B, General Manager at Holiday Inn Chicago O'Hare, responded to this review, 14 August 2013
Dear Trip Advisor Member,
I like to thank you for sharing your concerns with us regards to the directional signs of the hotel. We will take the necessary steps to put more lighted signs at the entrance. We apologize for the inconvenience and hopefully welcoming you back soon to our property in the future.
Mirza

Travellers are raving about these Chicago hotels

Texas
Reviewed 13 August 2013

My take:
Location: Hotel located less than 10 min walk from blue line Cumberland stop, so very accessible to & from airport/downtown even with (light) luggage. A good staging ground for those trying to save money on a Chicago vacation; parking is also free. There are a few restaurants along Cumberland within 'walkable' distance worth checking out, but most are beyond 1 mile mark.
Dining; buffet breakfast was diverse, excellent and plentiful, but not included in standard room rate. If you prepay in room rate, you get a coupon good for the buffet, or $10 face value for any menu choice breakfast. Their in house bar/restaurant is very popular in the evenings but is a hit and miss. I ate there twice, first time food was excellent, second time it was mediocre beyond comparison.
Service: typical of a HI, polite reception and other staff, internet worked well, hot water available, clean towels, decent coffee in room, what more to say?

Room: Was the true downside for this place.Had a cheapish motel feel to it the moment you walk in, crooked socket assembly, open wall outlets with hanging wires, window AC held together with multiple laps of duct tape (and still coming apart), bathroom sink and tub drain painfully slowly, etc. Seems like someone really cut corners on the interior design/construction.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank MsafiriTexas
Dear Trip Advisor Member,
Thank you for your kind review of our hotel on Trip Advisor and thank you for sharing your concerns with us regarding the rooms. We are in process of upgrading our rooms. I hope that we will have the pleasure of receiving you again in the future.
Respectfully,
Saint Louis, Missouri
Reviewed 10 August 2013

The biggest positive to this hotel is the value. We stayed here for our vacation to Chicago because all of the downtown hotels were overpriced for Lollapalooza weekend. (We were in town for the Cubs game and Bears Fan Fest.) This hotel is located about a mile from the blue line, so it is easy to get into the city. The CTA station isn't the nicest - you have to walk past a dark, dreary parking garage to get there - but it is convenient. It takes about 40 minutes to get into downtown Chicago.

We arrived at the hotel 2 and a half hours before the official check-in time because we planned to drop our bags and car off before going to the Cubs game, but they already had a room ready for us! It was nice to get settled before going anywhere. The room itself was average. It had a microwave and refrigerator, which was nice. There were a few hairs on the bed, which freaked me out. I did a full sweep for signs of bed bugs, but everything was totally fine. Even though the hotel is close to the airport, the noise of the planes was not very noticeable. The staff here was very nice and friendly. They helped us with directions a couple of times, and they were accommodating.

The most exciting thing that happened during our stay at the Holiday Inn was meeting the WWE wrestler Kane. That was cool.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
Dear Trip Advisor Member,
Thank you for your great comments about our hotel on Trip advisor website. I was especially pleased with your comments about our service and the staff. We look forward to welcoming you back soon to our property.
Mirza
Also consider these accommodations in or near Chicago
O'Hare
Renaissance Chicago O'Hare Suites Hotel
Chicago Marriott O'Hare
#110 of 190 in Chicago

Been to Holiday Inn Chicago O'Hare? Share your experiences!