“good , affordable hotel close to the airport”

Holiday Inn Chicago O'Hare
Ranked #138 of 190 Hotels in Chicago
“good , affordable hotel close to the airport”
Reviewed 7 March 2014

This is a good hotel if you need to be close to the airport. they provide a free shuttle to the airport and the CTA train station to the city is right across the hotel.. free parking and Wi-Fi. The rooms are of a decent size and clean. Reception desk staff is professional and helpful. the fitness room is adequate . there is a really nice outdoor pool but it is closed during the winter. Bar Louie is on the premises. Overall a good affordable option close to the airport for a short stay.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
Jonathan B, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Chicago O'Hare, responded to this review, 18 March 2014
Really appreciate you taking the time to let the Tripadvisor community your thoughts and experiences, Nadou123. You highlighted many of our amenities that a lot of guest enjoy on a nightly basis and come back for. Make sure you come back in the summer time to enjoy our outdoor pool!

Front Office Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (86)
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Brooklyn, New York
Reviewed 4 March 2014

Came here for my clinical skill exam. The rooms are spacious and well kept. Breakfast was good. Their restaurant/bar serves great food all day. Free parking and wifi too. Staff were helpful and welcoming.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled on business
I am very pleased that you, Ashmed E, experienced the level service that we provide to every one of our guests. Hope all the studying and rest pays off and we look forward to your future visit.

Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed 18 February 2014

I have stayed at this hotel as my flight was delayed and American Airlines has given me a voucher for an overnight stay. I just stayed here for a night, therefore my review is not adequate. One thing that really bothered is the staff.

The lady at the from desk (her name starts Ism...) did not provide shuttle to the airport in the morning.

It was clearly mentioned at the front desk they have a shuttle to the Airport for every 15 minutes. When I reached the front desk at 4.14 AM in the morning, she mentioned to me that the shuttle has left which was supposed to leave at 4.15 AM and the next shuttle is only at 5.00 AM. She told me that she would call a cab. Instead of calling a cab, she called a Limo. Why would I need a Limo to go Airport?

After 10 minutes, I could see two shuttle buses parked outside the hotel. Still she did not make an effort to help me. I have to call a cab on my own to catch the flight on time.

I really think management should look into their practices to keep the customers happy.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled solo
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Chicago O'Hare, responded to this review, 6 March 2014
Dear Subbu547,

First of all, thank you very much for your recent stay at our hotel. We are sorry to see you did not enjoy your overall experience with us. We’d like to obtain some additional detail regarding your experience so we have sent you a private message. We hope to have the honor of serving you again should your travels bring you back.

Ferdinand G.
Case Manager
IHGCare

Travellers are raving about these Chicago hotels

Taif, Saudi Arabia
Reviewed 12 February 2014 via mobile

The hotel has a very cooperative staff who provide a very good service . Complimentary breakfast and free Internet is another advantage. The local train station is nearby and one can comfortably do shopping and business work from here .

Stayed June 2013, travelled solo
With us being in the service industry, what you experienced is what we try to portray to all of our guests. A relaxed welcoming enviroment where service is first and foremost. Thank you for seeing that and sharing you thoughts on tripadvisor.

Budapest, Hungary
Reviewed 12 February 2014

For Chicago the hotel was at a reasonable price, everything quite standard in it. There were no real high points but a few low ones:
...old hotel needs a renovation, nothing looked fresh in it at all
...odd breakfast area that looks more like a bar, was not inviting at all, food was OK though
..very busy, lot of people in the lobby most of the time - the reception did quite a good job not having to wait too long

• Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank TRozsa
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Chicago O'Hare, responded to this review, 28 February 2014
Dear TRozsa,

Thank you for staying with us and leaving a review.

I read with much concern the troubles you have encountered during your stay. I sincerely apologize for any inconvenience and truly sorry for we fell below your standards on most of the services and amenities that we provide. Our main concern is for all our guests to experience an exceptional stay and I am truly sorry if we were not able to deliver this to you. Our guests’ satisfaction is very important to us and we try hard to make sure all of our guests have a rewarding stay. With this said, I will assure you that your comments will be taken into consideration to improve our hotel.

Your comments are important to the success of our organization, as we rely on you, our guest, to tell us how we are doing and how we can better meet your needs. We deeply regret that you did not receive the level of service that we strive so hard to achieve. We value you as a guest and we hope this incident will not deter you from giving us another opportunity to serve you in the future.

Dhan M
Case Manager
IHGCare
Plymouth, Wisconsin
Reviewed 11 February 2014 via mobile

I want to recognize Daniel R. for recognizing a returning loyal customer. He was able to make a potential unflattering situation into one that reflects all the good things that can happen when they value a customer. Job well done!

Stayed February 2014, travelled solo
Davis, California
Reviewed 6 January 2014

On Dec 10th my arrival into O'Hare was delayed and I missed my transatlantic connection and had to stay the night. The next morning as I hurried to catch my flight I forgot my prescription sun glasses in my room. I called the property, I was transferred to housekeeping and had the good fortune to be connected with Yeimmy. Yeimmy went to lost and found, found my glasses, confirmed possession and brought them to the front desk so that they could be returned to me. I am a frequent traveler and this is not the first time that I have forgotten a valuable in my hotel room. This is however, the first time that I have ever had anything returned. My god fortune in this instance is due to the fact that I was able to find someone who cared enough to go beyond their job description to provide help. Yeimmy is a gem and I wish her all the best in the coming year!
Pete Cala

• Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
2 Thank Peter C
Mirza B, General Manager at Holiday Inn Chicago O'Hare, responded to this review, 8 January 2014
Dear Trip Advisor Member,
Thank you for taking the time to write your review and thank you for your kind words about Yeimmy our Housekeeping Supervisor. The reviews we receive from our guests are very valuable as they give us a true in-site service our staff are providing. Thank you again and look forward to welcoming you back soon.
Mirza
Also consider these accommodations in or near Chicago
O'Hare
Renaissance Chicago O'Hare Suites Hotel
Chicago Marriott O'Hare
#107 of 190 in Chicago

Been to Holiday Inn Chicago O'Hare? Share your experiences!