“A perfect place to stay!”
Review of Magnolia Studios

Magnolia Studios
Reviewed 31 October 2013 via mobile

We are very satisfied with our stay at Magnolia. The location is perfect if you want to live outside the tourist area. It was walking distance to Andersonville where you can find nice restaurants. It was very close to Bryn Mawr metrostation. The studio had a very comfortable bed, nice shower and it was really clean.
If we ever go back to Chicago Magnolia will be our first choice.

1  Thank Kristin B

Reviewed 18 September 2013

I enjoyed my stay at in one of the Magnolia Studios. The room was well appointed and very clean. While there were guests in the other studio, I couldn't hear them. The shower was wonderful and I was glad to have the Keurig coffee, refrigerator, microwave and internet access. The location was perfect for my visit to Edgewater. It's nestled in the midst of a neighborhood and was very quiet. I recommended this place to several Chicago friends for their future visitors and I would love to stay here again.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank LAURIE W
Reviewed 12 September 2013

These little studio apartments are great. Nicely furnished, clean and very private - you can come and go whenever, without having to bother anyone. Entrance to the studios is by combination keypad. Great Edgewater location, close to Andersonville and public transportation, but on a quiet residential street away from the traffic.

We have stayed with Kate twice, and will do so again.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 11 September 2013

This studio apartment was clean, comfortable, and easy to find. Great location in Andersonville meant we could walk to the beach and be just a few minutes from restaurants, coffee shops, etc. Cheaper and much nicer than a hotel with street parking - why stay anywhere else?

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 4 September 2013

Hi we enjoyed our stay at Magnolia Studios, spacious room, great shower and plenty of towels. Short walk to train but area not the greatest. Quiet location and handy to a Walmart. Easy to get buses and trains. Great to be able to make a coffee and check the internet before heading out for the day. We didn't cook but facilities to do so.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 14 July 2013

Let me begin by stating that Magnolia Studios was my first experience aside from a traditional hotel or B&B and it exceeded my expectations. The very attractive, very comfortable property is on a nice, tree lined street far away from the main roads so that you feel like you're getting a break from the city bustle. Yet that main road is just a 2 minute walk from the studio and there are plenty of interesting shopping and dining options within walking distance. The metro is also conveniently accessible from the main road. As to the studio itself? Spacious, comfortable, well-stocked, convenient. I took advantage of the laundry facility on the lower floor. Everything I needed was there. For someone who occasionally doesn't take well to a strange bed, I slept great! If you like to settle in and watch some tube, there were a LOT of channels - including plenty of premium channels (my friend from Chicago was jealous!). The washroom had a spacious shower with both the wall-mounted hand-held shower and the overhead rainfall type shower. The shower stall was also equipped with a bench on the wall in case you needed to sit or place your shower needs. My second floor studio also had 2 doors that you could open which overlooked the garden. I had them open frequently to get the fresh air from the garden. The studio also has a/c AND a ceiling fan (I was there in the summer). One day, I went for a walk to explore the neighborhood and within 15 minutes, I was at the beach. Cool! While the owner doesn't live in the same building, she popped in to see how my stay was going and to see if I wanted for anything. She was quite pleasant and charming. I will be returning to Chicago in the future and I hope that there are vacancies at Magnolia Studios because it will be my first choice for accommodations.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 7 July 2013

We stayed in the apartment at Magnolia Studios and found it to be really comfortable, very modern and super clean. It’s located very close to Bryn Mawr station and the red line which takes you straight into downtown or the loop. The local amenities are great with lots of really good places to eat in Andersonville. Be sure to look at the folder Kate prepared as it’s got lots of local tips and suggestions for things to see. Kate popped down a couple of times to say hello and we found her to be really friendly and was keen to ensure that our stay was a good one. She even provided us with some tea bags!! We parked on the street as opposed to the provided garage but keep an eye on which day the street cleaning is and avoid the ticket! Kate was really good and offered the garage on the day of the street cleaning.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family