and 1 more site!
The Polo Inn Bridgeport U.S.A.
Ranked #9 of 22 Chicago B&B and Inns
Reviewed 20 January 2012

Dave and Kevin were exceptionally enthusiastic hosts! We booked out the B&B on behalf of small business owners from across North America attending a convention, and all were in agreement the food and service were well beyond expectations. The breakfasts were spectacular and they provided shuttle service daily to McCormick Centre. The restaurant is not operated every day, however they opened up just for our group of 11 and provided a meal that would rival any top 10 Toronto restaurant! The facility is ideal for hosting clients & suppliers alike. Lots of parking. Great value & ambience overall versus the downtown hotels. I will make certain to stay there next trip to Chicago.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled on business

Reviewed 10 January 2012

If you are planning a trip to Chicago, I encourage you to give the Bridgeport Bed and Breakfast a try. It is minutes from downtown, and very close to I94 and 55. Or, if you are in town to enjoy a White Sox game, the B&B is just a few blocks from the stadium.

Spacious rooms, mixed with great service, and the best breakfast you have ever had. Whether it is a family trip, a quick get away, or a business trip (which was my reason for staying) you can't go wrong with this gem.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 28 June 2011

While in Chicago on a business trip, I stayed at the Bridgeport Bed and Breakfast Hotel. Owner Dave Sambler greeted me in his first floor restuarant (Polo Cafe) and served up the most delicious certified angus beef burger known to man. This was just the beginning of a three day stay that left me with a lasting impression of Bridgeport B and B. Bridgeport is close to McCormick Convention Center, White Sox Stadium, and several bus and train lines. The immediate neighborhood is middle class and was perfect for my stay. Dave and his staff delivered such personalized service, that I felt like more than just a guest. Daily gourmet breakfast (omlettes, steak and eggs) was included in the price and the serving time was flexible to meet my schedule. What more could I ask for? i had my own key to come and go as I pleased, and I the space itself was a suite/apartment with more room than I needed (2 bdrms, kitchen area, sitting room, etc. When it came time to check out and return home, I had become friends with Dave and his amazing staff. Personalized places like Bridgeport are hard to find these days. I will stay here again!
Chris Connor, NYC

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 27 December 2010

Polo Cafe is known for offering Something Different ... Something Wonderful - we have agreed with this as we enjoyed their offerings at the cafe and Taste of Chicago booth. This weekend, we also got to experience David's famous French Toast in the morning following our stay above the cafe in one of the bedrooms restored to honor Bridgeport's history. Top line linens, artist painted Field of Dreams mural, autographed pics and other White Sox memorabilia were featured in our room.

• Stayed: December 2010, travelled with family
Reviewed 27 December 2010

Dave and Kevin helped my business trip to Chicago go off without a hitch. I wasn't interested in the hotels lining Michigan Ave or their high prices; I've stayed there before and they don't have any character. Dave offered me a great deal on a room during the week as well as door-to-door delivery to the convention center.

Dave's guest suites are beautifully appointed and include a small kitchenette. The full service restaurant on the ground floor meant that I only used the kitchenette to store left-overs! The bridgeport neighborhood was fun for walking through and window shopping. Added to the fact that the Midway is closeby, this B+B can't be beat!

• Stayed: November 2010, travelled on business
Reviewed 7 October 2010

I was in Chicago for two weeks in September and decided i'd try a few B&B's whilst i was there. Came across Bridgeport B&B on the net and contacted Dave the owner. The B&B turned out to be so great i scrapped my plans to move on and spent almost my whole vacation there.

Dave and Kevin are great- they will go out of their way to make sure you're looked after, shuttle you around the city and make sure that you start your day with an awesome breakfast. The suite i stayed in was big, comfortable and dead quiet at night (i'm a light sleeper, so that's top on my list). Transport into the city is really easy, and you have the bonus of staying in suburbia but still have the Chicago city skyline to stare at which was great.

Dave, you've made me a convert- i know where i'm coming back to if i return to Chicago. oh, and make sure you try the Eggs Benedict...

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled solo
Reviewed 26 July 2010

The Bridgeport Bed & Breakfast was a GREAT place to stay in Chicago. You are close to downtown Chicago, but it is much less congested and certainly feels more personable. The park 'n ride is about 1 mile away, and downtown is only a 10-15 minute ride away via the El train! Don't let "bed and breakfast" scare you away if you are traveling alone, or with family. I was in Chicago for business, by myself, and am so glad I stayed here! And as an added bonus, the included breakfast is not a regular breakfast--it is a super gourmet breakfast made in house by the owner/chef Dave! Absolutely tantalizing!

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled on business