“Excellent Bed and Breakfast in Bridgeport” 5 of 5 bubbles

and 1 more site!
Bridgeport Bed and Breakfast
Ranked #8 of 22 Chicago B&B and Inns
Keller, Texas
“Excellent Bed and Breakfast in Bridgeport”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 June 2014

My husband and I just returned from a weekend in Chicago visiting our daughter and we stayed at the Bridgeport Bed and Breakfast near her new apartment. I had read the great reviews online and am very happy to say that the hotel and restaurant exceeded my expectations. We stayed in the Mayor's suite which is absolutely gorgeous, lots of beautiful antique wood, very comfortable, and I also found it to be very quiet. We enjoyed the sitting area and flat screen TV since the world cup was in progress and we caught pieces of several games there. We had the creme brûlée french toast the first morning at breakfast and it was exquisitely delicious ! The wait staff was very friendly each day and we enjoyed chatting with Dave about his business and the neighborhood. We were also treated to brownies one evening when it was raining. Kevin noticed that we had come back to our room with our daughter and her friend and then the rain came down in buckets, so we were stuck in the room. We answered a knock on the door and there was Kevin with a plate of brownies that were out of this world. My husband doesn't even like chocolate, but he loved these. If you get the chance, take the opportunity to stay in this charming B&B and don't miss out on the fantastic french toast !

Room Tip: The Mayor's suite is very elegant and takes you back to another era.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
4 Thank WestieLover65

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 June 2014 via mobile

I had the privilege to stay at Bridgeport bed & breakfast.

My partners and I got to the city for a business conference in McCormick.
I looked for a fair price near the event including breakfast, we got much more than that.
We we're accommodated at the SOX theme room, beautifully designed and setup included 3 big rooms and huge HD TV.

The breakfast was every time different and so delicious, kept us fit all day long.

Dave was amazing, told us great stories and tipped us for important information during our stay.

They also dropped us at McCormick every day.

It was more a family visit than staying in hotel, I'm so glad I didn't take the Hyatt.

We will be coming next year for the event, so Dave please save us the SOX room again.

Best regards
Adi

2 Thank Adi R
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 June 2014

I went to Chicago to attend to a show. This was the 1st time at Chicago. But Bridgeport Bed and Breakfast impressed me. Thanks so much for the good service by Dave and Kevin, we had a wonderful time in Chicago. Everyday, when we went down stairs for breakfast, Dave was waiting for us. He always remembered what we like to drink. After breakfast, Dave sent us to Mccormick Place. Kevin offered wonderfull breakfast every day. He also helped us to arrange a car to send us to the airport when we check out. The room is nice and comfortable. The bed is also good.Thanks so much again.

Bowling Green, Ohio
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 June 2014

I stumbled upon the Bridgeport Bed and Breakfast while searching for hotels in Chicago. I wanted something close to U.S. Cellular Field (home of the Chicago White Sox). There was only 1 room left so I booked it. My family and I were immediately impressed. As soon as we met Dave he treated us like family, not clients. The interior was very old fashioned which suits my family's and I's style. The food at the cafe was mouth watering. Dave offered to drive us down to the ballpark which was very nice. The room was very nice and cozy for a family of 3. I really liked the old school shower/bathtub. When we went down stairs for breakfast Dave was waiting for us. I am being honest, that was the best breakfast I have ever personally had. We could not stop talking about the Creme Brulee French toast. They even stay and park at the place for the game so we did not have to pay to park. That saved us a lot of money right there. Overall this is truly a hidden gem in the hustle and bustle city of Chicago. I am positive that when we come back to Chicago we will be back. I love to see little places like this continue to survive.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 June 2014 via mobile

I booked a room as a large meeting had booked every hotel room in Chicago. What a great place! Kevin and Dave could not have been more gracious. The room was huge and clean. Very comfortable. Breakfast was excellent and huge. Located in quiet neighborhood, so sleep was not a problem. I hope to return.

Copenhagen, Denmark
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 May 2014

Together with my family (2 adults and 4 small children aged from 7 months to 7 years) we decided to return to Bridgeport Bed and Breakfast in March 2014 in connection with a 4-day stay in Chicago. In brief, we all had another memorable experience. This place is truly unique due to the personalised service and hospitality provided by Dave, Kevin and the rest of the friendly staff members. We stayed at the Hardscrabble Suite which is a 3-bedroom apartment. The apartment was ideal for our family - not ultra-luxurious, but clean, spacious and "cosy". Free parking is a big plus as well. But what matters and makes this place so memorable and special is the food. The breakfast is a phenomenal experience and so are the burgers! Don't miss this place. We can't wait to return in the future! Thanks again to Dave and Kevin!

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank SV_CPH
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 February 2014

My Wife and I stumbled on this amazing get away, right here, in the heart of Little Italy!!
First the complimentary, lighted parking, is a breeze when it comes to not worrying about your car. Second and foremost, the Rooms are actually Suites! All of them have two adjacent bedrooms, the main bedroom has a large T.V., wifi, kitchenette, living room and a lovely bathroom/shower! We stayed in "The Mayors" Suite, which is full of information on previous Chicago Mayors, carefully put together! We understand, Mayor M. Daley did stay there!
The restaurant downstairs is also great, Polo Cafe is fun and full of memorablia. The Menu for both Lunch and Dinner has a lot of selections and well prepared!, I read about the Creme Brûlée French Toast, yes they are a must have!,, I am pretty picky about Food and I was impressed, keep up this great work! Chef Didier Durand

Room Tip: I think they have 4 suites( that bed and breakfast is more then ""rooms" ) wonderfull...
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple