“Fantastic”

The Polo Inn Bridgeport U.S.A.
Ranked #9 of 22 Chicago B&B and Inns
Reviewed 23 August 2014

We had a 4 night stay in this b&b. the room was perfect! The breakfast could not be topped by a 5 star restaurant!
Don't be alarmed by the distance to downtown, to and from the subway (redline) you can take the bus (31/35th st) and every day the proprietor or hotel manager offered us a ride to the station.
In one word brilliant!

Stayed: August 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Edunix

A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 7 August 2014

I followed the Fodor's review for this place and was not disappointed. It was a treat to stay in a place that retains character and has a personality. The hosts were helpful and as a woman traveling alone I appreciated feeling safe and cared for. For those that like to walk, it was an easy 10 minute walk to the White Sox train station. I even felt fine about walking home from the station at night and was able to catch a cab, too from the station for a short ride on one of my late nights out. The food was delicious and the breakfast so generous I did not have to buy lunch.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled solo
2  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 1 August 2014

I had an excellent experience at this B and B. I had to stay in the City for two nights because I was taking the Bar exam and wanted to be relatively close to the testing site. But, I tried to find a Holiday Inn or something of the sort and they were all filled. So, I found this little spot still available and looked into it. It had glowing reviews and I decided to give it a shot. I was not disappointed. The service here was incredible. I was going to be leaving earlier in the morning than when they would usually serve breakfast, but they said it was no problem and they specifically woke up and cooked for only me. They did this on both mornings. Also, the innkeeper then told me not to worry about finding public transportation to the testing site because he would take me himself. Again, he did this both days. There are some really cool places around the B and B as well. There's Maria's, which is an incredible bar hidden behind a storefront. And across the street there is a little coffee shop that fixes up a great latte. Or, if you get hungry after the B and B has closed the kitchen, you can go check out Zaytune's. It's like a Chipotle but with Mediterranean food, local, and even more delicious.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank Ryan C
Reviewed 25 July 2014

Stayed at Bridgeport B&B last week with my wife, daughter, and my daughter's friend. This place is fantastic. The building is older but well maintained and has a lot of character and charm. The guys that run the place, Dave and Kevin, were great hosts, very friendly and helpful. They also run a small cafe on the 1st floor of the building, and the breakfast is simply fantastic, probably the best we've ever had at a B&B. They make French toast that is amazing! They even invited my daughter and her friend to the kitchen to try making a batch of French toast.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank FortyTwoTowels
Reviewed 25 June 2014

My husband and I just returned from a weekend in Chicago visiting our daughter and we stayed at the Bridgeport Bed and Breakfast near her new apartment. I had read the great reviews online and am very happy to say that the hotel and restaurant exceeded my expectations. We stayed in the Mayor's suite which is absolutely gorgeous, lots of beautiful antique wood, very comfortable, and I also found it to be very quiet. We enjoyed the sitting area and flat screen TV since the world cup was in progress and we caught pieces of several games there. We had the creme brûlée french toast the first morning at breakfast and it was exquisitely delicious ! The wait staff was very friendly each day and we enjoyed chatting with Dave about his business and the neighborhood. We were also treated to brownies one evening when it was raining. Kevin noticed that we had come back to our room with our daughter and her friend and then the rain came down in buckets, so we were stuck in the room. We answered a knock on the door and there was Kevin with a plate of brownies that were out of this world. My husband doesn't even like chocolate, but he loved these. If you get the chance, take the opportunity to stay in this charming B&B and don't miss out on the fantastic french toast !

Room Tip: The Mayor's suite is very elegant and takes you back to another era.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
4  Thank WestieLover65
Reviewed 15 June 2014 via mobile

I had the privilege to stay at Bridgeport bed & breakfast.

My partners and I got to the city for a business conference in McCormick.
I looked for a fair price near the event including breakfast, we got much more than that.
We we're accommodated at the SOX theme room, beautifully designed and setup included 3 big rooms and huge HD TV.

The breakfast was every time different and so delicious, kept us fit all day long.

Dave was amazing, told us great stories and tipped us for important information during our stay.

They also dropped us at McCormick every day.

It was more a family visit than staying in hotel, I'm so glad I didn't take the Hyatt.

We will be coming next year for the event, so Dave please save us the SOX room again.

Best regards
Adi

Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank Adi R
Reviewed 13 June 2014

I went to Chicago to attend to a show. This was the 1st time at Chicago. But Bridgeport Bed and Breakfast impressed me. Thanks so much for the good service by Dave and Kevin, we had a wonderful time in Chicago. Everyday, when we went down stairs for breakfast, Dave was waiting for us. He always remembered what we like to drink. After breakfast, Dave sent us to Mccormick Place. Kevin offered wonderfull breakfast every day. He also helped us to arrange a car to send us to the airport when we check out. The room is nice and comfortable. The bed is also good.Thanks so much again.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business