Open today: Closed
Review Highlights
100% Recommended

I was in an hostel near Kingston Mines, and the staff recommended me this place. It was my first... read more

Reviewed 28 August 2021
Rafael I
via mobile
Excellent

Outstanding music/artists. Nice authentic blues vibe atmosphere. Great staff all the way around... read more

Reviewed 4 July 2021
678vikkic
via mobile

Recommended experiences in and around Chicago
from US$38.15
from US$40.00
from US$27.00
from US$18.00
More Info
All reviews blues club chicago blues cover charge joanna connor blues fan stages legend jazz
Selected filters
Reviewed 24 July 2017

We met some old friends on a Friday night and had a great time listening to a really good (female) blues artist in the front room. You have to order (and pick up) your food in the back, but it is decent. My husband is a very big blues fan and really enjoyed the place. BTW, if you are a senior, you get a discount admission so that was great! Also, use the valet parking as it is difficult finding parking on the street

1  Thank chriss j
Reviewed 23 July 2017

Kingston Mines is exactly what I think of when I think "Chicago Blues Club". It's not a dive, but it's not upscale. They have two stages so music can be playing almost continually once the bands go on. And they are good. The music is incredible and the atmosphere that comes with it is definitively Chicago Blues.

The only minor downside is the food. I ordered the beer battered fish and chips, expecting three or four good solid pieces of cod. Instead, it looked like something clearly frozen out of box. They tasted fine, but it was just a little underwhelming. As a waited for my food to come out, I was able to see several other dishes coming out of the kitchen and they all looked delicious. Perhaps it's just me.

If you're looking for a truly amazing music experience in Chicago. Come out to Kingston Mines.

1  Thank Mike M
Reviewed 15 July 2017

Long time lover of the blues and a veteran of Beale Street in Memphis, and this place ranks at the top of any club I have been in. The two sided venue was quite unique, but it really worked on this night. I went to Chicago on a mission to see some great blues, and the Mines exceeded my lofty expectations.

Reviewed 21 June 2017

Great Music. Great Food (a lot of food). Cold beer. Corey Dennison was playing that night. He is the best. Make a trip here just to see him as we try and catch a show of his every time we are in Chicago. Our waitress was awesome. Place was crowded for a Monday night. Lots of College age kids there. Get their early to get a seat or you'll be standing. It is an old place, kind of run down, but honestly that is what makes it special. SPent a little $$$ in the gift shop and had a blast chatting w/ the guy working in there. A gem in Chicago. A must visit, worth every penny.

Date of experience: May 2017
Reviewed 21 June 2017 via mobile

Went here with friends and had a good time. There are two stages and the place for more crowded later into the evening. TVs on the wall show the opposite stage, so you'll know when another set is going on. We didn't eat there, but patrons could order food. It was a fun environment and I'd go back for the good music.

Date of experience: June 2017