“Well located”

Club Quarters Hotel, Wacker at Michigan
Ranked #73 of 191 Hotels in Chicago
Reviewed 14 June 2014

I spent a few nights here recently and it was a great experience. The hotel is very well located just over the bridge from the start of the Magnificent Mile. Rooms are small, very clean and remarkably quiet given its location. Staff were very helpful. Good value hotel.

Room Tip: The higher the better.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled solo
2  Thank Dean66
There are newer reviews for Club Quarters Hotel, Wacker at Michigan

Reviewed 12 June 2014

I've stayed at this Club Quarters twice and had good experiences both times. Small but adequate rooms in a good location at the government per diem rate. Also, I appreciate the complementary water. A big plus this trip was the Guest Service Manager, Mr. Deshawn Murry. He set me up with 2 restaurants (during a very busy convention weekend - everything I tried on Yelp was unavailable until after 9 PM) that made this trip to Chicago truly memorable. Deshawn is a rising star in the hotel world and I have little doubt that by the time I get back to Chicago he will have moved on to bigger and better things. Deshawn, could you do me a favor and leave a forwarding number? Speaking of food, I only had breakfast their but the 3 egg omelet with spinach, asparagus and bacon 5 was outstanding. Definitely superior to the more expensive restaurant in the hotel right next door.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Howard P
Reviewed 12 June 2014

This is my fourth stay and never disappointed. Rooms can be on the small side, but very comfortable and very well maintained. The staff bends over backwards to be accommodating and the amenities add an extra special touch.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 11 June 2014

Hubby and I visited Chicago for a Bears game, we thought to change up the scenery and loved the location. We try to stay in the center of the happenings. The convenience of the public transportation is important to us.... The room was really itty bitty, but clean! It was the smallest room we have ever stayed in. The restaurant was fine, a bit pricey. The concierge attendants were very polite day and night, opening the door, coming and going. The sitting area serving the complimentary snacks, drinks, fruits you name it was very comfortable! Truly the best hidden gem of the hotel. And da Bears won! After the storm and game delay had passed... 11/17/2014. Thanks

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank masfinar
Reviewed 9 June 2014 via mobile

We are not club members but booked for a Saturday night because this place was the cheapest and seemed worth a shot. So glad we did! The location is great; near El stops and shopping and great restaurants. Our room was small but it was clean and comfortable. The bathroom was pretty roomy and the shower was nice (hot water, room to move without bumping walls or curtains!). I really liked the purified water stations on each floor. Nice touch! The ceilings are also very high, so the rooms don't feel as small. We had one tiny window that was mostly behind the tv, but we weren't in Chicago to sit in a hotel room! For the price, it was fabulous. I would definitely stay here again. Check-in was fast, and we used the kiosk for check-out which was also fast and a neat idea. They also have adjacent parking which seemed reasonably priced and will hold your luggage after checking out if needed.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank 50in50
Reviewed 9 June 2014

I definitely can't recommend this hotel because they won't even pretend to care if you have a problem after they have your money.

I stayed there because I was attending a conference and the stay was being paid by my employer. I wanted to stay a few more nights (paid on my own) to enjoy Chicago so I went online around a week before my travel to make a reservation and found a good price on Hotels.com with a pre-paid reservation. Less than two hours later I noticed that I had chosen the wrong dates so I immediately called Hotels.com to ask for help correcting the dates given that there was rooms for the correct dates. I was told that given that the reservation was "non refundable" they would have to ask the hotel if they accepted the change because it was their final decision.

I assumed that like in any decent decent hotel they will try to accommodate and help guests that are already paying to stay there so I decided to call directly to the hotel, I explained the situation and what I received was a flat and rude "there's nothing we can do".

Considering that:
- I was calling very soon after the reservation.
- I was already going to stay there and just wanted to extend that stay.
- That the reservation I did was for more than a month in the future so they won't have problems filling the room.
- That they had rooms available for the correct dates.

I insisted in trying to talk with a manager as soon as I arrived to the hotel and again explained everything, she was very nice and told me to ask Hotels.com to call her to find a solution. Well, according to Hotels.com they called and what they were told was that the only solution was for me to pay full price for the correct dates because the reservation was non-refundable and unmodified with no exception.

So now I don't know who's being honest or not, but right now Hotels.com and Club Quarters are taking away from me more than $400 "in a click" in exchange for nothing because it's impossible to me to be there on those dates, and it isn't that I changed my mind but that
I made a honest human mistake.

And to top it off while I stayed there for the conference the room they assigned me had the Air Conditioner broken and after two bad nights, a technician that didn't fix anything and many calls and visits to the Front Desk they only decided to move me to a different room for the last night because I told them that I would sleep in the lobby before having another sweaty bad night.

After the conference I moved to a different hotel in the Magnificent Mile with the same price and breakfast included, and the experience was night and day.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
6  Thank Aixbel
Reviewed 9 June 2014

My mother and I stayed at Club Quarters on Wacker for two nights this month (June 2014), and I was extremely pleased with our stay except for one thing. Our room faced the river and even though it was a beautiful view, the noise level outside was bothersome. Friday night was tolerable. Saturday, however, it seemed there was some sort of event and the party went on until well after midnight, if not a bit longer. I lived for many years in Chicago, so I understand what is to be expected from the downtown area, but you would also anticipate that a hotel would invest a little in soundproofing the rooms a bit better. Aside from the noise, the hotel was immaculately clean, the staff was very friendly and helpful and the complimentary water on each floor and ridiculously delicious complimentary coffee on the second floor were added bonuses. The valet service is a bit expensive at $45.00 a night, but they have you by the short and curlies on that one. The hotel restaurant was accommodating when picking a special meal for my mother, as she has a very strict diet. The food was affordable and delicious. I'm giving Club Quarters an 'Excellent' rating, because I understand the noise outside was not their doing - or something they could control. Hopefully, they will invest in better windows soon.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family