“Stay at Club Quarters”

Club Quarters Hotel, Wacker at Michigan
Ranked #75 of 191 Hotels in Chicago
Reviewed 17 July 2014

Wonderful location, right across from the beautiful Trump tower! I originally booked a room at the club quarters central loop. After doing some research i found Club Quarters Wacker at Michigan was a better location.Club Quarters at central loop let me switch my non refundable room to their sister location, wacker at Michigan with no questions asked. We could have not been more pleased with the hotel. The rooms are on the small side, but upgrade to a superior room with kitchentte, It will give you a little more room and you get a microwave and sink. The hotel is very safe, you need a room key to access hotel floors. They also have bottles and filtered water for you to enjoy. Check in and Check out was a breeze. Would stay again next time we are in the city!

Room Tip: Superior room with kitchentte
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
Write a ReviewReviews (1,581)

Reviewed 17 July 2014 via mobile

I stayed at the club quarters on Wacker for one night. My client gets a great low rate. Even for such a low rate, this hotel doesn't work for me. Lumpy old mattress and scratchy sheets left me longing for home. Lots of chipped paint made me feel this hotel needs a little TLC. Though the location is excellent.

Stayed: July 2014
Reviewed 16 July 2014

I stayed here for one week, the last week of April 2014, while on business to Chicago. Location is great. On the river, near Trump Tower, within 15 minute walk of city hall and dozens of other attractions and office towers, not to mention restaurants and the hot spot full of jazz clubs and late dining on the North side of the river.

Amenities are few, but there is a business lounged and a inside restaurant that is okay. Not great, but okay. If the weather is nasty, eat in. No problem. Trust me, I've travelled all over the world. If you can stand only a very short walk outside, try the hotels and restaurants within a 1 -2 minute walk from hotel. Many good ones to select from. If you feel like a short walk, there are many great restaurants nearby.

Staff were very helpful and the lounge was okay. Better internet access would help and a fw more desktop pcs made available would also be helpful, especially at busy times.

I'd definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 16 July 2014

We were in Chicago for a wedding weekend. The weekend hosts had selected two hotels for their guests. We chose Club Quarters for value. We were extremely happy with our selection. The hotel was clean and comfortable in every respect, and all of our special requests were met with a smile and a "yes." We made a personal relationship with "Pedro" at the Member Services Desk, and he was nothing short of exceptional. Our Housekeeper was a happy person, very nice, and also took good care of us. We left her a big tip. And having the "Corner Bakery" next to the hotel was a home run. We'll be back!

Room Tip: The basic rooms are small, but adequate. The upgraded rooms are very spacious. The lounge on the 2...
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 15 July 2014

Just got back from a great stay at this hotel. Had a beautiful view of the river, simple clean room. Enjoyed great service from the staff. The location is perfect for ease of access to public transportation. Walking distance to the Art Institute.

Thank PunchLineSF .
Reviewed 14 July 2014

The concierge service was excellent; they were very patient and helpful in answering all of out questions! The front desk could have been staffed with one more person for theamount of guests.My wife wasn't impressed with the a/c, and the sound of the nearby L trains at times made sleeping an adventure! Because of booking through Priceline, the Hotel was an excellent value that it might not have been at normal rates. The very location of the Hotel gives an impressive wow factor!

Overall, we would absolutely stay there again!

Room Tip: We asked to go "as high as possible"-- the Southbound view from the 37th Floor was incredi...
Reviewed 13 July 2014

I walked into my room, turned on the light over the bed, and saw a roach sitting next to the pillow. It was late, so I killed it and went to sleep. The next morning the man checking me out apologized profusely and shook my hand. After a few more apologies he finally offered me some sort of weekend deal. Since I don't travel to Chicago often, I said no thanks. No offer of even 5% off the room. He then proceeded to insist that my room was not Direct Bill to the association that had brought me to Chicago. I let him charge my card. When the association called a few hours later to point out that they had already paid for the room, they were told that Club Quarters could credit the association but they could not credit my Amex. Huh? All in all a less than stellar performance on their part.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business