“Can't find one thing to complain about! Great Location!”

Club Quarters Hotel, Wacker at Michigan
Ranked #71 of 190 Hotels in Chicago
Lafayette, IN
“Can't find one thing to complain about! Great Location!”
Reviewed 17 August 2014

My husband and I visited this hotel on a last minute trip, and ended up getting the hotel through Priceline. It was originally a little difficult to find, but that was not at the fault of the hotel, but the directions from Siri. Once we found it, the valet parking attendants were very helpful, friendly and kind. The check in process was smooth and seamless. I had read some reviews on here prior to arriving and asked for a room with a river view. The desk clerk said that she would call up to housekeeping and see about getting one cleaned right away for us, and that it would be a 30 minute wait. Not a problem. We went to the restaurant/bar in the lobby and had a drink and they came and found us when our room was ready.

The rooms are small, but comfortably furnished, new modern bedding and furniture, the bathroom had a walk-in shower. We came to Chicago to see Chicago, not stay in our room, so my husband and I could not have been happier with the room. It was all that we needed.

Each floor has purified water stations and refillable bottles for the guests to get their own bottled water. Such a nice and convenient perk.

Just a couple of things, that were NOT major inconveniences, but should be pointed out: The elevator service is slow,..... and there is not an ice machine on each floor. There is one ice machine located on the 9th floor and that is it.

You cannot ask for a better location. We asked Tim, the night front desk employee, some recommendations of places to go, and he recommended exactly what we had told him we were looking for. He was great, nice, friendly, and knowledgeable about what is in the area. Walking distance to everything. Pharmacies (three of them, exactly) that sells alcohol and some grocery products is right close and convenient as well. Free Wi-Fi.

Parking is high per my standards, but actually very affordable compared to other hotels in the area. $41 for valet parking, but you can drop your bags off and self-park at a parking garage just down the street for only $24.

Will be back!

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a river view. They will be happy to accommodate if something is available.
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (378)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Belding, Michigan
Reviewed 15 August 2014

We stayed here for one night while visiting Chicago. We were able to check in early, which was very convenient. The room was nice and had a great view. We also enjoyed the complimentary snacks and beverages. The staff was very friendly and ready to help when needed. The hotel parking wasn't too expensive, compared to others around. We were able to easily walk to Navy Pier and down Magnificent Mile. We would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank BillEHarper
Allendale, Michigan
Reviewed 14 August 2014

This is a great location to everything you would want to see. Navy Pier, Michigan Ave, Millennium Park... It is a bit pricey (but very comparable to the rest in the area), and the rooms are small, but overall the accommodations were perfect for what we needed.

The bed was not super comfortable, but the staff is extremely helpful and kind to you the minute you walk in. Free Yoga kit is amazing. I would recommend this hotel.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with friends
Rotterdam, The Netherlands
Reviewed 13 August 2014

The Club Quarters hotel is located in a landmark 41-storey 1928 skyscraper at Wacker Drive with Chicago River at its doorstep. The hotel is efficiently operated as a cash cow. Staffs are correct.

With 240 rooms it is an adequate sleeping factory in a central area next to the Loop. Breakfast can be had at Bacino’s on ground floor or in nearby restaurants.

On arrival we were given a very small room, when we asked for a larger room we got a room with a kitchenette. The smoking smell in that room made us ask for again another room. For $15 extra per night we had a spacious room with a view of the river.

The room was adequately decorated and furnished with movable desk, chair, sofa, fridge, wardrobe, a coffee & tea making facility, flat screen TV, and a good double bed. The bathroom appeared OK with quality amenities, washbasin, toilet and shower. The bathroom had a thin sliding door. Windows cannot be opened. Both room and bathroom were clean.

Complimentary Wi-Fi Internet and a self-service laundry at 10th floor. Free purified chilled water on every floor. The Club Living Room is has a coffee machine, soft drinks in the fridge and during the week some fresh fruit and sweets in the afternoon. These disappear quickly. We did not use the fitness centre.

We would recommend the Club Quarters hotel to all who seek a for the value offered somewhat overpriced but OK city-centre accommodation.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank MrsPiket
Burnsville, Minnesota
Reviewed 12 August 2014

Was just in Chicago for a night and found a great deal on this place. I'm glad I did too...what a fantastic hotel. The staff was top notch and the room was great. Granted there was a mix up and I got upgraded to a two bedroom suite...lol. I dont think you could ask for a better location wither. Just steps from the River Walk AND Michigan Ave. Only a couple of blocks from Millennium Park. I would definitely stay here again! Ive already made several recommendations to friends and co workers

• Stayed August 2014, travelled on business
Orlando, Florida, United States
Reviewed 12 August 2014

I work frequently in Chicago, and I frequently stay at this Club Quarters property. I really like the theme of CQ, and I feel that the price point is reasonable considering the location of their hotels. On one of my recent trips, I decided to bring my wife along so we could have some date nights when I was done working each evening. It's been a busy, stressful time corporately and we needed to spend some time together.

I arrived in Chicago before her, and checked in before heading to the office. I decided to ask the folks downstairs if they could suggest a florist so I could have some flowers ordered for her when she walked into the room. Roman at the desk was very happy to help, and offered to take care of everything for me.

I left him my CC information at the desk, and went to work. That evening, my wife texted me to say "thank you for the flowers, but thank you even more for the beautiful thoughts." When I arrived at the hotel, I realized that I'd forgotten to leave a note for the card to accompany the flowers, and it turned out that Roman, who knew a little of the background of the trip, had written the inscription for me. I was honest with the mrs., and she was incredulous because it sounded like something I'd say/write.

Roman asked for us to stop down and say hello, and of course, my wife was eager to say thank you. Turns out that the fax copy he'd made of my CC was faint enough that he couldn't make out the middle digits, so he paid for the flowers himself (we obviously paid him back).

When you travel as much as I do, you usually encounter perfectly professional service, interspersed with the occasional bad experience. But finding truly great, and caring people...that's rare. My wife and I had some truly magical dinner dates in our favorite city, but the over the top, beyond thoughtful effort that Roman put in for us served as the proverbial icing on the cake.

Afterwards, we spoke with Roman (who became almost our personal concierge), and it turns out that this experience comes from the top down. The chairman of CQ checks in on a daily basis to make sure that the people who are the front door for his company do their best to make our collectively hectic lives a little bit easier. Well done.

Toronto
Reviewed 11 August 2014

Wanted an affordable but nice hotel to celebrate my wife's birthday. Club Quarters hit the mark. The location is absolutely amazing - on the river right across from Trump, a 1 minute walk to shopping on Michigan, close to the Orange L line for a 30 minute ride to / from Midway airport. The room is small as expected but perfect for two, with a comfortable queen bed, desk, chair, closet and bathroom with shower. This is exactly what we wanted and needed and what a city to visit - we were only in the hotel to sleep.

The free purified water and bottles were a nice feature as the free tea/coffee snacks on the 2nd floor. The staff at the front desk was great on check-in and check-out, but really shone in recommending restaurants or providing directions. Tanya and Pedro - thank you !!

Doug and Sue
Toronto

Room Tip: River view is nice. The restaurant is perfect for breakfast with a nice patio. Never had dinne...
1 Thank DougBrownYYZ