“waldorf astoria chicago”

Waldorf Astoria Chicago
Ranked #9 of 192 Hotels in Chicago
Reviewed 28 November 2013

Excellent hotel and spacious room. Service was exceptional except for slow waitress service in restaurant. Overall a great experience We were upgraded on arrival which was a real benefit of hilton club membership. I requested a 2 pm checkout but only received a 1:30 checkout time. I was a little diaappointed with this but overall very satisfied with the accomadations and service.

Review collected in partnership with Waldorf Astoria
WAChicago, General Manager at Waldorf Astoria Chicago, responded to this reviewResponded 29 November 2013

Dear Wayne H,

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your feedback pertaining to your most recent visit with us on TripAdvisor. I am delighted to learn that we were able to offer you an upgrade, but most importantly, that you enjoyed your suite and you had an overall pleasant visit. I apologize for the disappointing dining experience you had in Balsan. I have brought your concerns to our Restaurant Manager's attention for internal review. We truly value your patronage and will look forward to welcoming you back should your travels bring you back our way.

Reviewed 27 November 2013

Great experience and the birthday treat for my wife was great. All staff were attentive and very helpful. We did have trouble finding a cab to take us 15 blocks to a play. We ended up walking on a very cold and windy night.

Dear Brian P,

Thank you so much for choosing the Waldorf Astoria Chicago to celebrate your wife’s birthday. I am pleased to read that our team was able to efficiently assist throughout your visit and that you and your wife did have a special birthday celebration. I regret to learn, however, about the unfortunate incident pertaining to your ride to your play. I certainly hope that you will still consider visiting with us again in the near future. We will look forward to welcoming you back.

Reviewed 26 November 2013

I recently booked a week long event at the Waldorf and cannot emphasize enough just how much i adore this hotel.

I'll first start off by stating... this is one of the most beautiful hotels i've been to. I love the fact that it's a boutique hotel so you don't feel overwhelmed. I've traveled quite a bit and have been to many "upscale" hotels and the Waldorf Chicago truly cannot be beat. The service and attention to detail is key for me and this hotel does an exceptional job with both.

I'm an event manager and as an event manager, i'm constantly taking mental notes on the quality of service i receive from a hotel as I'm always looking for hotels I can book again in the future. As much as esthetics are important, it really doesn't matter if the service is not up to par. This hotel definitely does not lack in either category. I was in Chicago earlier this year in May and had stayed at the hotel while I was in town doing site visits with all the other hotels in the area. Again, the other hotels do not compare. The impeccable service I received back in May did not change one bit. If anything, it was topped off with my stay there last week. I was constantly overwhelmed on a daily basis with people attending our event telling me how much they loved the hotel and how their experience there throughout has been one of the best hotel experiences they've had.

I had the best onsite team an event mgr could ask for-starting off with my amazing sr. conference mgr, Allison Hoey!!! She was ALWAYS on top of it and no matter how many times I threw changes/requests her way, she was always there to help me with a smile on her face. Her assistant Samantha was also a rock star! There were so many times I would ask them for last minute items and she was always there fulfilling my requests in such a prompt and professional manner. On to the banquets team-Erwin Van Bakel (director of Banquets) and Carlos Mercado (sr. banquets mgr).. can i just say how much love i have for these two?! wow is all i can say. They were always a step ahead and not to mention the NICEST guys you will ever meet! If I were there at the hotel right now and could hug them, i would. They along with their AWESOME banquet team helped made the event run smoothly without a gliche and for that I am eternally grateful! and last but not least... Matthew Helphingstine and Johnny! The bada$$ AV team that had to deal with all our craziness! They were always professional, always SO helpful and always smiling.

Needless to say, I cannot wait to go back to the Waldorf! Whether it be for work or play, this will always be my go to hotel in Chicago! To be completely honest... i was a little bummed out about having to leave when our event came to an end. and let me say this... I've NEVER felt like that about any other hotel...

Highly recommend this hotel!

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
WAChicago, General Manager at Waldorf Astoria Chicago, responded to this reviewResponded 27 November 2013

Dear jjhp7,

Thank you so much for choosing the Waldorf Astoria Chicago to host your event. We understand you have numerous options in the city and we are delighted that you chose us. Thank you also for your positive feedback. I am truly pleased to read that you and your group enjoyed your visit, but most importantly, that you would love to visit with us again. I have shared your kind comments pertaining to Allison, Samantha, Erwin, Carlos, Matt & John with the entire team as they are a true inspiration for all of us to continue our efforts in making our guests’ stay more memorable. Thank you for recommending our hotel. Your loyalty and patronage are highly valued and appreciated. We will look forward to welcoming you and your guests back should your travels bring you back our way either on business or pleasure.

Reviewed 26 November 2013

I stayed at the hotel for a business conference and wow, what an incredible place. I got upgraded (4 levels) to a suite so this review is based on a suite on the 23rd floor.

The suite is incredible. Its about 1100 square feet, I am told. The room has a spacious and separate living room with couch, bar area, working gas fireplace, desk, balcony and table. The suite has a half bath in the hallway. The bedroom and full bath is down another small hall. The bedroom was also spacious and the bed was very comfortable. It was like staying in your own 1 bedroom apartment.

The service was wonderful and what one would expect from a top notch hotel. Check in was a breeze and everyone from the bell hop to the front desk was very polite and made you feel special. It's always nice when everyone calls you by your name, like you are a frequent guest. There is a good room service menu that offers meals for the entire day including late night although the late night menu is not as broad as dinner. The service people do not accept tip as I tried to tip for getting my bags or hailing a cab. Its all part of the service. Room service already includes a service charge.

Wifi was free. The room has the usual: safe, iron, hair dryer and a well stocked mini-bar (at mini-bar prices). There is a flat screen TV in the living and bed rooms and they turn down your bed at night.

It is in a great part of town. Just two blocks from the Magnificent Mile so there is a lot of places to so shop nearby. It was about 45+ minutes to O'Hare airport with normal traffic.

If you are looking for a luxurious hotel in Chicago, I'd definitely recommend the Waldorf Astoria.

Dear gnasty71,

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your positive feedback of your most recent stay with us. It is delightful to read that you enjoyed your suite and the various unique amenities that it has to offer. I am also happy to learn that our service team made you feel special and welcome and that you enjoyed the hotel’s convenient location. Comments like yours truly inspire our continued pursuit of excellence in everything we do. Thank you so much for recommending our hotel. Your loyalty is highly valued and appreciated. We will look forward to serving you again should your travels bring you back to Chicago either on business or pleasure.

Reviewed 25 November 2013

Great location and a Chicago GEM. Staff was great and rooms are gorgeous. Upgrade to a Suite with Fireplace (worth the extra $$$). The Bar/Lounge in the hotel is pretty small, but there are plenty of nice places in the area. Spa was Amazing and very professional staff.

Review collected in partnership with Waldorf Astoria
WAChicago, General Manager at Waldorf Astoria Chicago, responded to this reviewResponded 26 November 2013

Dear Brett F,

Thank you so much for taking the time to post your review of your most recent visit with us on TripAdvisor. I am delighted to read that you enjoyed your upgrade, but most importantly, that you and your travel companion found comfort in your suite. I am also happy to read that you enjoyed the hotel’s location and our Elysian Spa & Health Club. Thank you for your positive comments with regard to our service team. I will certainly share them with the entire staff as I am certain they will be equally pleased to learn of the acknowledgement of their efforts to make our guests’ stay a little more memorable. Your patronage is highly appreciated. We will look forward to serving you again should your travels bring you back our way.

Reviewed 25 November 2013

So enjoyed our stay again at the Waldorf Astoria Chicago! Everything was lovely and the staff is terrific. Had a little snafoo trying to use the "house car" but otherwise the hotel is paradise. Sadly we are spoiled because we never want to stay anywhere else when we are in Chicago!

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank jeninmich

Dear jeninmich,

Thank you for visiting us again at the Waldorf Astoria Chicago. It gives me great pleasure to read that you and your family found your home away from home with us. I sincerely regret to read that you had some problems with our House Car. I truly hope that next time you and your family visit with us you can fully enjoy it without any inconveniences. Thank you for your kind words pertaining to our service team. We will look forward to serving you again, hopefully in the not far future.

Reviewed 25 November 2013

Every aspect of the stay was perfect, from the check in to departure. Facility was beautiful, clean, and well-maintained. Superior staff at every point of contact. I have stayed at other fine hotels but this stands as one of the best.

1  Thank Joseph H

Dear Joseph H,

Thank you so much for choosing the Waldorf Astoria Chicago as your hotel of stay during your business trip to the Windy City. I am truly pleased to read that your visit did not disappoint and you enjoyed your suite and the different amenities the hotel has to offer. Your patronage is highly valued. We will look forward to welcoming you back on your next visit to Chicago either on business or pleasure.