“A great experience”

Waldorf Astoria Chicago
Ranked #10 of 192 Hotels in Chicago
Reviewed 6 January 2014

Our family has stayed at the Waldorf on two occasions. Each time it was a great experience. It's location is convenient to all of downtown Chicago. The staff was friendly and helpful. The hotel is beautiful.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Peter S
WAChicago, General Manager at Waldorf Astoria Chicago, responded to this reviewResponded 7 January 2014

Dear Peter S,

Thank you so much for sharing your positive feedback pertaining to your stays at the Waldorf Astoria Chicago on TripAdvisor and thank so much for visiting us again. I am truly pleased to read that every stay has been enjoyable and that our team has been consistently friendly and helpful. Your loyalty and patronage are highly valued and appreciated. We will look forward to our next opportunity to serve you, hopefully in the not far future.

Reviewed 6 January 2014

This hotel is perfect for a longer stay because you get lots of room at a reasonable rate. Two TVs and a fireplace is a real luxury. The location is ideal (if the weather cooperates!) The Staff is superior and takes care of your every need.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Patricia E

Dear Patricia E,

Thank you so much for sharing your feedback of your most recent visit with us on TripAdvisor. It gives me great pleasure to learn that you enjoyed your suite and the hotel’s location. Thank you for your positive comments pertaining to our service team. I am pleased to read that the team efficiently assisted you throughout your stay. We will look forward to welcoming you back should your travels bring you back our way.

Reviewed 5 January 2014

Excellent hotel with top notch service froma capable and caring staff. Much quiter than would be expected from a "Rush Street" hotel. Easy walk to everything that matters. Suites are very nicely appointed.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple

Dear Robert N M,

Thank you so much for your review of your most recent visit to the Waldorf Astoria Chicago. I am delighted to read that you enjoyed your suite and you found the hotel’s location convenient. Thank you also for your kind words pertaining to our service team. We will look forward to welcoming you back, hopefully in the not far future.

Reviewed 4 January 2014

I usually stay at the Park Hyatt in Chicago for work and tried this hotel as an alternative. I've always enjoyed the Park Hyatt, but when they were undergoing construction, I found this hotel (it was originally opened at the Elysian). It really is a special hotel. The rooms, bar, gym and spa are all, in my opinion, excellent. The staff was terrific. I look forward to staying there again soon.

Room Tip: I've stayed there three times and each time, the rooms have been great. I prefer the rooms that...
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business
2  Thank Jeff F

Dear Jeff F,

Thank you so much for taking the time to share you candid feedback pertaining to your stays at the Waldorf Astoria Chicago on TripAdvisor. We truly value and appreciate your patronage and loyalty. I am truly delighted to read that you gave us an opportunity to serve you and you have continued to stayed with us ever since. It also gives me great pleasure to learn that you have enjoyed the various amenities the hotel offers and that our service team has not disappointed you. We will look forward to serving you again should your travels bring you back our way soon.

Reviewed 3 January 2014

We were in Chicago in peak winter and had a suite with a fireplace - unheard of in ant 5 star place I've stayed in. My husband was unwell so having a fireplace and being able to watch the snow falling whilst being in a suite w a separate loung was priceless. It was 1/2 the price of an equivalent room at the plaza in NY and more comfortable. The restaurant where we booked Christmas lunch was terrible; no Christmas menu to our shock so we had food from the normal menu ( my daughter & her husband had club sandwiches..). The service and all round feel of the Waldorf was lovely and the hotel car to get us about was a nice bonus. If you go in winter pay extra and get the fireplace room - you won't regret it; it absolutely made our holiday in Chicago when the weather outside was way below 0.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Passingthru63

Dear Passingthru63,

Thank you so much for sharing your feedback of your most recent visit during Christmas and thank you so much for choosing the Waldorf to celebrate this special occasion with your family. I am pleased to read that you found comfort in your suite and that you especially enjoyed the fireplace. I regret to learn about your husband not being well and the bad experience you all had during lunch. I have shared your concerns with our Executive for internal review. Thank you for positive remarks pertaining to the hotel’s service and overall feeling. We will look forward to welcoming you and your family again should your travels bring you back our way.

Reviewed 3 January 2014

The Waldorf was absolutely perfect for my families stay during Christmas 2013. The adjoining rooms for my wife and two daughters made the experience so comfortable. The fireplace which we hung our Christmas Stockings, the dinner at the Balsan hotel restaurant, to the neighborhood location which was outstanding, the experience was perfect. Thank-you Waldorf staff!

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family

Dear MWKelly,

Thank you so much for choosing the Waldorf Astoria Chicago as your hotel of stay during your Christmas trip to the Windy City. It gives me great pleasure to read that you and your family had a memorable time and that you enjoyed your suite and the different amenities the hotel has to offer. Thank you for recommending the hotel. Your loyalty is truly valued. We will look forward to assisting in making another special holiday for you and your family a little more memorable.

Reviewed 2 January 2014

My wife and I splurged on a short excursion to the waldorf on a staycation (we're both from chicago). We upgraded to a deluxe room which must have been a suite.

The experience was fantastic, I want to find the manager that is in charge of hiring and training the staff, everyone was amazing and service was the best I've had in any hotel I've ever stayed in.

The room was great, the extra space was very comfortable and the bathroom super spacious. The spa was great.

I did notice one tiny imperfection, which surprised me a little with everything else being so immaculate. We stayed in room 1010 and we noticed that the shower handle had a very strange washer holding it together. Maybe it was a temporary fix. By no means did this negatively impact our stay, I just noticed that the hotel staff read these reviews and I thought they would like to know.

Anyway, this hotel is my current #1 in Chicago. I hear they may bring an amazing restaurant back as well (There was a 2 star Michelin restaurant on the 3rd floor).

Room Tip: the upgrade to a suite is worth it
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
WAChicago, General Manager at Waldorf Astoria Chicago, responded to this reviewResponded 3 January 2014

Dear akucharski,

Thank you so much for choosing the Waldorf Astoria Chicago as your hotel of stay during your staycation in the Windy City. I am truly thrilled to read that this was one of the best hotel experiences you have ever had. Thank you for your positive comments pertaining to our service team. We do indeed share all of the posts on TripAdvisor with our entire staff. I have shared your concerns pertaining to your shower with our Engineering team for immediate action. We are honored to be your number one hotel in the city of Chicago. We will look forward to welcoming you back, hopefully soon. Perhaps next time you visit with us we will have more exciting restaurant news.