Waldorf Astoria Chicago
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
The Talbott Hotel(Chicago)
  • Fitness centre
  • Room Service
2,528 results
All reviewsno tipping policyhouse cargold coast suiteelysian hotelgas fireplaceluxury suitetv in the mirrorroom servicesoaking tubwet barbeautiful hotelliving roomfour seasonssteam roombottle of champagnerush streetturn down service
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 5 April 2014

This hotel met all of our expectations and the property is amazing. I travel a lot and stay in a ton of nice hotels. (and I often forget to post them all on here) But this is quite possibly the nicest property I've ever stayed at. Conde Nast just rated it the #10 best hotel in the US and I'd say it's worthy of such a title.

I recently surprised my wife with an overnight "mommy break" after she gave birth to our baby girl 5 weeks earlier. I know Waldorf Astoria properties are always great places to stay but I was really excited about the Chicago property. I have heard so many great things and they all lived up to the hype.

The service was excellent, the property is super sharp and super clean, in a great location, the staff are well trained and happy to help, and we fully enjoyed our stay. The phone rep I worked with to place the reservation asked if it was a special occasion and ended up passing my surprise night along in the notes. I'm not sure if it was because of my Hhonors gold status or that note which got us upgraded to a Waldorf Suite. Either way, we appreciated the gesture and this is why I am a loyal Hilton customer. :) The suite was.. you guessed it, a-mazing! Next time we'll have to try for the Astoria Suite or maybe the Luxury Suite! (Hilton, let me know if you want us to come stay for another night and we'll be happy to share our review here on TA.)

If you are looking to enjoy some seriously luxurious accommodations, this is the hotel for you. All of the little details in the rooms really put the property on a whole different level. I don't want to give too many spoilers away, but one thing we enjoyed was the Mercedes S550 house car service they provide. It's an amazing car and is a great way to show up in style somewhere.

Keep up the great job! We will return... Waldorf Astoria Chicago!

Room Tip: Our "Waldorf Suite" was amazing. If you are upgrading your room with Hhonors points it doesn't take too much to get this suite or the Astoria. If I could do it again I'd go Astoria since it's 950sqft and has outdoor balcony overlooking city.
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank TheGameCrafter
WAChicago, General Manager at Waldorf Astoria Chicago, responded to this reviewResponded 7 April 2014

Dear TheGameCrafter,

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your candid feedback of your most recent stay at the Waldorf Astoria Chicago on TripAdvisor, and thank you as well for choosing us as your hotel of stay for this special surprise overnight getaway with your wife. It gives me great pleasure to read that you enjoyed the Waldorf Suite and that you will be visiting us again to explore other suite options. Thank you for your kind remarks pertaining to our service team and the various amenities the hotel has to offer. I am delighted to learn you enjoyed them, especially our house car. Your loyalty and patronage are highly valued and appreciated. We will look forward to welcoming you and your family back, hopefully in the not far future.

Reviewed 5 April 2014

I have now stayed at the Waldorf several times and it has become my home base for visiting family in the Midwest. I have been upgraded to a suite the last 3 times I've stayed which of course keeps me coming back. The location is perfect and so nice to have the driveway in front with easy valet parking and in/out privileges instead of parking on a busy street. The service is lovely from valet to check-in to room service to front desk, etc., etc.

My favorite parts are (1) no tipping policy but everyone is extremely friendly and nice; (2) free wi-fi and free phone calls including long distance; (3) lovely grey decor (though I've noticed my last two stays that there is some noticeable wear and tear on the wallpaper/carpet); (4) great lobby and restaurant on-site; and (5) perfect location for shopping on Oak Street/Mag mile with close subway access. Most importantly, there is no pet fee/service charges for small dogs and the hotel provides a water bowl/food bowl/dog bed in the room which is a lovely touch.

I also wanted to note that the hotel is very gracious when dealing with complaints - after a slew of several visitors knocking on my door in a 15 minute period including room service, the concierge and housekeeping, we received a courtesy call from the front desk saying there had been a noise complaint about my room and my dog barking (which of course he does as a good guard dog whenever there is a loud knock at the door!) I of course profusely apologized but when checking out, the front desk person apologized about the call which I thought was very gracious.

For those with perfume allergies, I will note that the scent of the toiletries is extremely strong and permeates the room. I just take a Claritin-D before I stay.

Thank you Waldorf for taking care of me and my pup - we'll be back very soon!

Room Tip: The rooms near the housekeeping doors can get a lot of noise but otherwise most rooms seem relatively quiet and all are very chic.
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank travelgal30

Dear travelgal30,

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your review of your most recent stay with us on TripAdvisor, but most importantly, thank you so much for choosing us again as your hotel of stay during your last visit to your family in the Midwest. I am truly delighted to read that you have found the hotel’s location convenient. Thank you also for your positive comments pertaining to the amenities the hotel has to offer and for your feedback regarding our quality of service. We will look forward to serving you and your pup again should your travels bring you back our way, hopefully soon.

Reviewed 4 April 2014

My husband and I traveled with our 10 and 11 year old sons for their first trip to Chicago during Spring Break. Beautiful city and hands down one of the most beautiful hotels in Chicago. Close to so many great restaurants, shopping and amazing sights. Would highly recommend.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Waldorf Astoria
1  Thank MyFairTravelNCS

Dear Nancy S,

Thank you so much for choosing the Waldorf Astoria Chicago as your hotel of stay during your Spring Break with your family and for your two son’s first visit to the Windy City. I am delighted to read that you enjoyed the hotel’s location, its décor and overall design. Thank you for recommending our hotel. Your patronage is highly valued. We will look forward to welcoming you and your family back, hopefully in the not far future.

Reviewed 4 April 2014

Love this place, they always take care of me. Pleasant service, I was recently in town for business and the manager could not have been friendlier. Thank you waldorf for continously taking care of me!

Room Tip: Corner rooms for the view!!
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Ed_Carlye

Dear Ed_Carlye,

Thank you so much for visiting us again at the Waldorf Astoria Chicago. Your loyalty is highly valued and appreciated. I am delighted to read that our level of service has not disappointed. We will look forward to our next opportunity to serve you should your travels bring you back our way.

Reviewed 3 April 2014

Very kind staff. Couldn't have asked for more! Everyone from check-in to check-out was very helpful in deciding dining. Kids recieved their own bathrobs upon arrival which they thought was really cool! Not a fan of Chicago congestion but this hotel makes it worth the trip.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Waldorf Astoria
WAChicago, General Manager at Waldorf Astoria Chicago, responded to this reviewResponded 4 April 2014

Dear Mark S,

Thank you so much for choosing the Waldorf Astoria Chicago as your hotel of stay for you and your family and for your kind remarks pertaining to our service staff. I am delighted to read that the team was able to efficiently assist you with the decision making of your dining plans during your visit; and also happy to learn that your kids enjoyed their bathrobes. We truly value your patronage and will look forward to welcoming you and your family back, hopefully in the not far future.