“Best Hotel I have ever stayed in.”

Waldorf Astoria Chicago
Ranked #13 of 191 Hotels in Chicago
Reviewed 30 April 2014

Great service, and most quiet hotel I have ever stayed in. Any thing ask for was imediatly taken care of like IT or request for something needed. I would like to stay at this quality of hotel, whenever I travel. I have traveled all over the world, and this is the very best of everything.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Waldorf Astoria
1  Thank Joe L
WAChicago, General Manager at Waldorf Astoria Chicago, responded to this reviewResponded 1 May 2014

Dear Joe L,

Thank you for sharing your feedback of your most recent visit to the Waldorf Astoria Chicago on TripAdvisor. I am truly pleased to read that the team was able to efficiently assist you throughout your stay and that you will be visiting again in the near future. Your loyalty is highly valued. We will look forward to our next opportunity to serve you should your travels bring you back our way.

Richard R. Evanich

Write a ReviewReviews (2,469)

Reviewed 27 April 2014

We've stayed at the Waldorf many times, including when was The Elysian. We live in the Chicago suburbs, so we "rotate" our staycations through the various luxury brands (e.g., Peninsula, Ritz, Seasons, Trump, Langham). The Waldorf is still our favorite and was our choice this weekend as we celebrated our anniversary and my husband's birthday. We were graciously upgraded to a luxury suite. As expected, the hotel was again peaceful, unassuming, and elegant. Highly recommended for local and out-of-town visits.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
WAChicago, General Manager at Waldorf Astoria Chicago, responded to this reviewResponded 28 April 2014

Dear JAF76,

Thank you so much for choosing the Waldorf Astoria Chicago as your hotel of stay to celebrate these two very special occasions, and thank you also for sharing your positive feedback on TripAdvisor. Your loyalty and patronage are truly valued. Thank you for recommending our hotel. We are sincerely thrilled that the Waldorf has become your favorite hotel in the city. We will look forward to celebrating many more special occasions for you and your husband, hopefully in the not far future.

Reviewed 26 April 2014

My husband and I stayed at the Waldorf Astoria for a night this week for our anniversary. The hotel was just perfect in every way. The front desk was very attentive to the anniversary and being Hilton Honors members, they upgraded our room and provided free wi-fi. The room was just beautiful, more of a luxury apartment, with well stocked kitchen and bar area, fireplace, elegant rooms, a small balcony, and wonderful large bathroom. When we returned later in the day, there was a bottle of champagne waiting and a lovely note from the manager. We ordered a cheese plate and it appeared in minutes, as did anything we asked for. The room was very quiet and the beds amazingly comfortable. Again in the morning, we requested coffee and it was there instantly. I can't say enough good things about this hotel and the staff. It is perfectly located to walk everywhere, is very elegant, and they make you feel comfortable yet pampered at the same time. Everyone is just delightful. We have stayed at many hotels in Chicago and this is the best experience by far. It is not inexpensive, but very much worth it. We look forward to returning next year.

Dear monty36,

Thank you so much for celebrating your anniversary with us. I am delighted to read that you enjoyed your upgraded suite and all of the unique amenities it had to offer. Thank you for your positive comments with regards to our service staff. I will certainly share your comments with the entire team as I am certain they will find equally rewarding to read of your acknowledgement of their efforts to make your stay a little more pleasant. I am also delighted to read that you found the hotel’s location convenient and our In Room Dining service did not disappoint. We are thrilled you will be visiting with us again next year. We will look forward to our next opportunity to making a special occasion for you and your husband a little more memorable.

Reviewed 25 April 2014 via mobile

We came into town for a couple events... One was the 100 anniversary of wrigley field and the other my wife's birthday.

I can't say enough about this hotel. The entrance was welcoming the staff was great. The concierge staff was more than willing to make your stay the best.

I was a little apprehensive thinking that we would be looked down upon if we didn't come in a suit. We were wearing our clothes for the baseball game and didn't get any feeling of not being welcome at all.

We ere lucky enough to get an upgrade to the Waldorf Suite and was unbelievable.

The only hiccup we had was we went to enjoy the pool later that evening (open till 10) which is indoor but was cold enough we didn't feel like using it. Did mention it to the Spa staff and they offers to call Maitenance but figured would not change the point.

Then thought we could enjoy a sauna together but found the spa has one for males and one for he females in the Spa so we ended up taking a little time by ourself but wasn't the same.

Another thing that I'm not used to is when you went to tip the valet they didn't except tips it was part of the service.

I also setup the chocolate dipped strawberries which was nice and the VIP chocolates which were good too. The champaign was typical and very Brut and bitter to me but I accounted for that and brought our own just in case.

I requested our type but was not available but was asked if they would like to find it for me which I declined as I already has some on hand.

I can tell that we will be back.

Thanks for the great time and experience.

Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank wntsom4

Dear wntsm4,

Thank you so much for choosing the Waldorf Astoria Chicago to celebrate such a special occasion. It gives me great pleasure to read that our team made you feel welcome during your entire stay and you enjoyed your Waldorf Suite. On the other hand, I regret to learn that you were not able to enjoy our pool in the Health Club. I apologize for this inconvenience. I have brought your concerns to the attention of our Spa Director. I am thrilled to read that you will be visiting with us again in the future. We truly value and appreciate your loyalty and will look forward to welcoming you and your wife back, hopefully in the not far future.

Reviewed 23 April 2014

This is a beautiful hotel with gorgeous, sophisticated decor and top-rate service. One couldn't ask for more. I would rate this higher than the Four Seasons which we stayed at in April. The Waldorf seemed more elegant and at the same time the ambience was less austere. I think it was a more welcoming place.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
WAChicago, General Manager at Waldorf Astoria Chicago, responded to this reviewResponded 24 April 2014

Dear 24813579,

Thank you so much for sharing such positive feedback of your most recent visit to the Waldorf Astoria Chicago on TripAdvisor. I am delighted to read that you enjoyed the hotel’s décor and ambiance and that our quality of service did not disappoint. However, what gives me even more pleasure is to read that our team made you feel welcome throughout your visit. Your patronage is highly valued. We will look forward to welcoming you back, hopefully in the not far future.

Reviewed 23 April 2014

We stayed in a luxury suite and it was quite luxurious! We are a family of 4 and the staff happily brought in a rollaway each night so our kids could have their own bed. The bathroom was all marble, huge and gorgeous! Absolutely loved the tub! We also loved the fireplace in the living room. So cozy! The hotel is in a great location, just steps from all the action of Michigan Avenue, but far enough away to be very quiet. If available, they offer a house car to take guests places within 2 miles of the hotel. It is a nice touch! If you are looking for quiet luxury, this is for you. If you are looking for a lot of action and a busy lobby, you would probably be happier somewhere else.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Waldorf Astoria
1  Thank backtomaui

Dear backtomaui,

Thank you for choosing the Waldorf Astoria Chicago as your hotel of stay for your family trip to the Windy City and for sharing your feedback on TripAdvisor. It gives me great pleasure to read that you enjoyed our Luxury suite with all the unique amenities it has to offer, especially the fireplace and the soaking tub; and that you found the hotel’s location convenient. We will look forward to our next opportunity to serve you should your travels bring you back our way.

Reviewed 22 April 2014

We recently spent 4 nights at this hotel. Our Astoria suite was beautiful. The hotel staff are extremely helpful and friendly, and Maya (a bartender in the hotel bar) was especially great and makes a superb martini (ask for blue cheese olives)! She also recommended a great deep dish pizza place nearby. I was very impressed by the service of the bar staff, the front desk staff, room service staff, and the folks at the door. They were all very helpful and genuinely wanted to ensure you had a great stay. The hotel is in a great location very close to the Magnificent Mile, so we were able to walk everywhere. I would highly recommend this hotel to anyone, and look forward to staying again!

Room Tip: The Astoria suites are lovely. At 915 square feet, you get a ton of room.