2,644 results
All reviews no tipping policy house car luxury suite gas fireplace bathroom mirror the gold coast room service wet bar soaking tub beautiful hotel four seasons living room steam room rush street bottle of champagne turn down service an upgrade
Reviewed 20 June 2018

Only there one day... but, had to leave the Park Hyatt, which I adore...because they didn't have a suite and had to meet clients and needed one. This area has a plethora of top name brand luxury hotels, all within walking distance of the Water Tower.

Dollar for dollar. The Waldorf is about a hundred bucks over the Park on most days... and a couple of hundred less than the Peninsula and Four Seasons.

On the AMEX Platinum program for $500 we got a suite and it was upgraded to a nicer suite for free. This price was comparable to the Park Hyatt for a double upgrade suite, and if one was available, might have beaten it that day.

The balcony view nice, but not amazing. The room though, first class. Solid wood construction, thick carpet, large sunken tub, seems brand new but classic...although it isn't brand new. The eye and hand can't find signs of wear. Towels very nice but not as thick and wonderful as the Park Hyatt. Lobby attention very quick and very friendly and efficient... so is Park Hyatt.

With the Amex program the breakfast was free up to $30 a person... Park Hyatt was higher limit. The view was very nice, very clean and no complaints, but not quite as amazing as Hyatt breakfast view. (not to be confused with Hyatt Regency which is a train wreck of traffic and mediocrity, and on some days just as expensive as the Park Hyatt and the Waldorf... some days very inexpensive.)

My wife rated it far above the Park Hyatt. With the $100 credit for anything in the hotel (massage/food/etc.) it was a better deal. A client rated it slightly below the Park Hyatt, but not much.

The room was clean, and quiet.

One astounding thing. Called room service for Hot Chocolate. It came up to the room quickly, and they charged $6 including the service fee, and would not take a tip. Not sure the other room service charges... but if this is common for them, then for a 5 star, no one comes close to the service at that price.

I arrived in the morning and was checked in without any delay, and immediately told about the free upgrade. Very pleasant check in experience. The circular entry way is easy for cars to come and go from getting off the street.

While I love the Park H, all things being equal, probably go back here instead if price is similar or only a little higher.

Room Tip: Use either AMEX Platinum or Hilton card for free breakfast, unless you have high status.
  • Stayed: June 2018, travelled on business
Todd T, General Manager at Waldorf Astoria Chicago, responded to this reviewResponded 26 June 2018

Dear michaelmR9532AB,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your recent stay at the Waldorf Astoria Chicago. I am glad you had a great time with us and even compared us to your favorite hotel, the Park Hyatt. I am glad you found our amenity offerings for your AMEX platinum program comparable but most especially proud that you thoroughly enjoyed the room, design and in room amenities even better. I hope you consider us again for all of your future visits to Chicago, we'd love to make you a loyal guest of ours!

Reviewed 20 June 2018

We were here for my sons wedding weekend. There was nothing could be done different. The kindness and professionalism that was shown to each of us was amazing. This weekend was fabulous! Thanks so much!

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Waldorf Astoria
Todd T, General Manager at Waldorf Astoria Chicago, responded to this reviewResponded 21 June 2018

Dear 349mhoward,

Thank you for your kind review of your stay at the Waldorf Astoria. We sincerely thank you and your family for choosing the Waldorf for such a great occasion as your son's wedding! I hope you made wonderful memories with your family and friends that will last you a lifetime. We hope you have the opportunity to visit us again soon.

Reviewed 19 June 2018

Stayed for four nights in March for my birthday. We had a gorgeous suite, with fireplace, balcony, amazing soaker tub, and rainfall shower. I can't say enough about the room. It was spectacular. My boyfriend and I spent a day at the spa for facials and a massage, which exceeded expectations. The hot tubs were closed - a disappointment - but there were hot and dry saunas. The gym was also very well appointed. The restaurant was absolutely stand out for dinner: maybe the best coq au vin I've had. The sommelier helped us find a glorious 1982 Piedmont, which made it a meal and long weekend to remember!

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank nyclex

Dear nyclex,

We are glad that you chose to celebrate a special occasions such as your birthday with us at the Waldorf Astoria Chicago. I thank you for taking the time to write a review pertaining to your stay and am glad you had a wonderful time in our guest room and relaxing in the spa. Most of all, thank you for dining in Margeaux Brasserie and having just great things to say about the service and food quality. We hope you get to visit us more than just once a year, hope to see you soon.

Reviewed 19 June 2018

I have wanted to come and stay at this hotel for many years. I enjoyed this more than i can put into words. I was just in awe over the entire hotel, the staff was great, the food was excellent, it definitely made my birthday weekend!

Room Tip: pay the extra for better room.. well worth it
  • Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Sarah T

Dear Sarah T,

Thank you for choosing to Waldorf Astoria for your birthday weekend celebration. I am thrilled that you had a lovely time with us and the team made certain to make your birthday special. We hope you get to spend all of your birthdays with us!

Reviewed 18 June 2018

Beautiful hotel in great location, great service, and beautiful property. Room was nice, nothing extravagant but the bathroom was fabulous. Love the no tipping policy and the Mercedes available for guests. Had a great time with husband and 2 teenage kids.

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
Todd T, General Manager at Waldorf Astoria Chicago, responded to this reviewResponded 19 June 2018

Dear violet13,

Thank you for your recent visit to the Waldorf Astoria Chicago. I am delighted you found our property to be of great service, the accommodations beautiful and I am glad you had a wonderful time with your family. We look forward to your return!