“The finest hotel you will ever stay in!”

Waldorf Astoria Chicago
Ranked #10 of 192 Hotels in Chicago
Reviewed 25 September 2010

Without a doubt, this hotel will exceed your expectations! Everyone on staff makes you feel like part of the family. The no tipping policy is great, you dont feel as if everyone has their hands out, and if you dont tip them they wont be back. The rooms are elegant and extremely clean, every detail is included. We will be back!!!!

Reviewed 20 September 2010

Whatever the travellers goal,staying at the Elysian will ALWAYS be the best choice.We stayed with kids ages 10 to 20 years old,all loved it.

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled with family
Reviewed 15 September 2010

Without a doubt and without question the best hotel my wife and I have ever stayed in by every metric and I have stayed in countless 5 star hotels.The rooms are indescribably beautiful with every up to date convenience you could ask for. is. Furthermore, the hotel staff will not except tips for any service. This includes luggage handling and valet service among others. This made me feel uncomfortable as they were deserving, but they acted insulted the more you insist. We were loyal and frequent guests of the Princess Hotel, a 5 star property, no more. This hotel is far better and I didn't think I would ever find another hotel to come close. The Elysian exceeds the Princess in beauty, customer service and every other metric you can imagine. Whoever is behind this property, congratulations and I hope you build more. You get and your hotel is the only holet we will now stay at when we visit your fine city.

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled on business
Reviewed 14 September 2010

The hotel is a sheer elegance -- both outside and inside, easily the best looking hotel I have ever stayed in, worldwide. We stayed there for a special occasion, booked a deluxe room, and the first day was nice but not great: the spa treatment for my wife took much longer than planned, and there was annoying A/C and refrigerator noise at night. I complained the next day, and we were almost immediately offered an upgrade to a much bigger, nicer, and quieter suite, with a balcony and a much better view, as well as 50% off the price for the first night. The manager on duty by the name Charles was very polite and efficient in arranging this. My wife's spa treatment next morning was very pleasant. The spa itself is very nice, with a small but very pleasant pool. The staff in general was genuinely friendly and efficient. We made a mistake, however, having breakfast in the hotel's restaurant Balsan --- they clearly are not set up for a classy breakfast, do not know how to boil eggs to your specifications, and seem to try hard to economize on butter and jam. My advice to the hotel management: make your A/C and refrigerators in the smaller rooms less noisy, send Balsan people to Europe to learn how to serve good breakfast -- and your hotel will be the best in this country.

Reviewed 13 September 2010

I have stayed in at least 10 of the better downtown Chicago hotels in this is far and away the best. The hotel itself is lovely, clean, spacious, quiet and very tastefully decorated. Every employee we encountered during our stay was pleasant, helpful and went beyond the call of duty. This is my first review as I have never had an experience so over the top as to merit taking the time to do so. When in Chicago again, I wouldn't even explore another hotel.

Reviewed 13 September 2010

I cannot say enough about this hotel. I live in Chicago and booked this for my wedding weekend and I didn't want to leave! The decor of the common areas and rooms are stunning from the moment you pull into the English-style courtyard. You don't lift a finger in the hotel as staff is very attentive and detail oriented. We had an instant upgrade upon arrival to a 1200 square foot suite with a balcony. The bed is the best bed I've slept in and the bathrooms are very luxurious. The spa is gorgeous and relaxing and I had the best massage of my life there. The staff also had homemade pastries, champagne and rose petal on the floor as a surprise on our wedding night. They accommodated any special request we had.

Stayed: September 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Karijo888
Reviewed 8 September 2010

This is a 5 star experience in every way. The rooms, service and food are all as good as it gets. I have stayed at the best all over the world and can't remember better. I was shocked when the valet that delivered the bags refused a generous tip and said that their aim was to spoil us during our visit. The same thing happened several times during our stay. Needless to say we were spoiled. Can't wait to return.