“Love the night tour. City looks amazing” 5 of 5 bubbles

Chicago Lakefront and Museum Campus Segway Tour
Ranked #3 of 167 Tours in Chicago
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: Absolutely Chicago Segway Tours is the Top-rated Segway Tour in Chicago! See Chicago’s popular attractions on one of many different magnificent Segway sightseeing tours. On our prominent tours you view the lakefront, parks, the new River Walk, famous landmarks, breathtaking views of the grand skyline, Iconic architecture, a glide through Soldier Field,“The Bean” Navy Pier, and beautifully landscaped parks and much more. Enjoy our city’s outdoor art, world-class architecture, parks, Harbors, and the River Walk, on the Art and Architecture Tour or The River, Parks, and Architecture on a memorable Segway tour. Thee sightseeing tours are in Grant and Millennium Parks, the homes of famous Chicago attractions, fountains, gardens, statues, as well as views of our spectacular skyline. We also offer Corporate, Private, and Group tours. Experience Chicago at night on our evening tours, Fireworks Tour, The City Lights tour. View Buckingham Fountain’s evening light show before gliding along the lakefront to the Museum Campus to view the glistening harbor, the illuminated skyline, and the Cultural Mile. On the Fireworks Tour we have a secret spot for viewing Navy Pier’s Fireworks display For something different experience the paranormal on the eerie, and fun Haunted Ghost Tour on segways. We glide to mysterious, haunted locations in Downtown Chicago, including Haunted Hotels, gruesome murders,disasters, and a ride in “Death Alley”. Our tour selections include our hallmark Lakefront Museum Campus City Tour, The River Walk,Parks,& Architecture Tour, The Fireworks Tour, The City Lights Tour, The Haunted Ghost Tour, The Gangster Tour The 1.5 hour Adventure. We offer Haunted Halloween Tours in October and Holiday Lights Tours beginning the day after Thanksgiving. Segways are easy to learn and safe to ride!
Useful Information: Activities for older children, Stairs / lift, Bathroom facilities
“Love the night tour. City looks amazing”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 August 2012

We went out and saw the city from the lake and watched the fireworks show. Totally worth it.

The guide was fun to talk to and had some interesting things to say about buckingham fountain.

Chicago, Illinois, United States
“Segway fun!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 August 2012

My cousin was visiting from Florida recently and wanted to see as much of the city as he could in one day. Normally when I host company from out of town, people want to see Michigan Avenue, and the Museums, Navy Pier, Buckingham Fountain, Willis Tower, Soldier Field and on, and on, and on. All of those things are great to do, don't get me wrong but this time I wanted to try something different. Absolutely Chicago Segway tours was the coolest way to see ALL of these things while spending time with family and friends, learn interesting facts about the city presented by a friendly and knowledgeable tour guide, AND ride a Segway!

The tour began with a brief instructional video at home base. We popped on our helmets and separated into smaller groups. Our tour guide was Dan. With our Segways in hand he led us to a sort of "training grounds" in Bicentennial Park. Contrary to what you may think, Segways are a breeze to ride, and Dan made us feel like we were in safe and capable hands. I would describe the feeling of driving a Segway much like hovering over the ground like Casper the Friendly Ghost.

On our tour, which covered 8 miles, lasted about two hours (with an ample break midway) we saw parks, learned cool facts about historic buildings downtown such as, where Oprah used to live, Elizabeth Taylor's private suite, the reason behind the shape of the Sears- I mean, "Willis" tower, Soldier Field, and much much more.) Above all I want to say that, I would highly recommend our tour guide Dan. He was very friendly, was a wealth of knowledge about Chicago, and, really really funny! Request Dan as your tour guide at Absolutely Chicago Segway Tours and I promise you and your family and friends will have a fun, unique, and memorable tour of Chicago!

Royal Palm Beach, Florida
30 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 46 helpful votes
“Great way to travel, fun way to get an introduction to Chicago.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 August 2012 via mobile

Our guide, Ray, was funny and informative. He was also very safety conscious. He made sure we could all hear what he was telling us as we traveled around. We would highly recommend this to anyone!

Hamden, Connecticut
“A great way to start a visit to a city is with a Segway tour”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 August 2012

I am traveling with two other people to Chicago for the first time and we thought this sounded like fun. We had an awesome and knowledgeable tour guide named Tommy. It was obvious how much he loves the city of Chicago by the amount of facts he knows about Chicago. Our only regret was that we didn't start our visit of Chicago here. Mostly, I realized that I am going to have to come back to Chicago to see all of the things that we were able to see on the Segway tour. This really is a must, and I would recommend doing the tour with this company.

Visited August 2012
timmiecortina, Manager at Absolutely Chicago Segway Tours, responded to this review, 18 August 2012
Thank you so much for your review! This means so much to us, we are extremely grateful! We are very proud of our passionate and informative guides, and its reviews like this that make our business worth running! Thanks again, hope you come back for another!
Brick, NJ
18 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 30 helpful votes
“I'm Absolutely in Love with Absolutely Chicago Segway Tours!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 August 2012

If you want to see Chicago in a fun, exciting way, then you have to take this Segway tour. I've done all the bus tours and they don't compare to this! I was very nervous at first, but our instructor (Tommy), was very serious about safety - which I was happy about. Soon we were all flying through the museum campus tour. You can't believe how much ground you cover on a Segway...something you wouldn't be able to do on your feet! It may seem a little pricey, but it's worth it and soon you'll be addicted! My son wants his own now!! The staff is great, very professional and they just offer great service. You have to do this, I can't tell you how much fun it truly was! Tommy was a fantastic tour guide...and remember to tip your guide!!!

Visited August 2012
Thanks a bunch Valerie! Nothing makes me smile bigger than a happy customer! I am so grateful for your review, and we are proud of our informative guides! Tommy is in love with Chicago just as much as i am, and we are so glad you enjoyed!