“Different ordering and line system, but wow was the food good.”
Review of Xoco

Xoco
Ranked #50 of 9,764 Restaurants in Chicago
Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, After-hours, Takeout
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, After-hours, Takeout
Reviewed 6 June 2014

This place was across from our hotel and I got a sandwich and a margarita before a concert. The Sandwich was a short rib something or other and it was really, really good. Short wait, (Tuesday Night) and the sandwich was $10 or $12 and really worth it. The margarita was $10 too and really small, maybe 6-10 oz. They should be 6-7$ for that size. Atmosphere was great, we ate outside at small bar like table. Chips were good but they served the salsa (2 types) in very small dishes. Ask for double the salsa so you don't have to wait for a server.

2  Thank whitworth74

Reviewed 3 June 2014

Review is only for churros and hot chocolate... after all the raves, I was quite disappointed. Churros at best were better than the pre-made version at stalls. They were crispy and coated with just the right amount of sugar and cinnamon, but they were on the dry side and a bit too hard when you bite into it. Even dipping into the chocolate sauce that came with it didn't help. I suppose since we've had ones that were so much better in Barcelona and Paris, these just couldn't hold a candle to those.

The hot chocolate with steamed milk was another huge disappointment. I expected a frothy Mexican hot chocolate like the ones I had in Mexico, but what I got was a variation on the European version--thick and syrupy. Sorry, just not my cup.

Reviewed 2 June 2014

I had the veggie caldo and it was so good! Fresh veggies and lots of flavor. The guacamole with added poblano and onions was also very good. The margarita was $10, but worth it! It tasted like it was all fresh juice and it was fairly strong. Will definitely come back!

Reviewed 29 May 2014

Super good looking chefs and the guacamole was to die for! I went back later that night to get dessert for carry out for my brother and friend because they were jealous of how good everything else I got was!

Reviewed 28 May 2014

Long lines almost out the door..so we elected to get ours to go-it wook about 30 minutes for our order to be completed. It would have been better to call order in then pick it up. Loaded guac was delicious! I had the pepita which was very good-the bread was a bit too crunchy though.